'Live' albums...

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

space
Known user

'Live' albums...

Post by space »

Hello,

I am going to start a project of creating 'live' versions of the albums, i.e. all of the tracks from LGM live or all of ANH live etc. with one live track per album track. If you would like to be involved, PM the tracks you would like to have added. I'll eliminate the tracks from the list below once I have them. Non-album tracks welcome too. Once I have all of the albums, I'll share them here. Thanks
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Re: 'Live' albums...

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

woooo. I forsee big problems! some of the tunes have so many amazing live versions which one you gonna choose? eg 'think i'm in love' they play this so many different ways all usually fantastic which one you going to go for?

tricky job!
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Have they even ever played 'You Know It's True' live?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Yeah this is a hell of a project! Really good one to do though.
I agree it will be tricky with those songs which have changed over the years. I Think I'm In Love is a prime example, but there's others.. I don't envy trying to choose the best version of Electric Mainline!

Some will be easier as they've rarely been played live, or there's only like one recording.
Think there's only one live Spread Your Wings.
Were there ever recordings of, say, The Twelve Steps, or Don't Hold Me Close? Definitely played once in a blue moon.

I will definitely nominate the verion of The Slide Song from Worthing Pier 1995.

good dope/good fun wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm Have they even ever played 'You Know It's True' live?
I'm no expert.. But from what I know, I don't believe so.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

angelsighs wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm I don't envy trying to choose the best version of Electric Mainline!
I'd vote for the version on the Electricity single. Still not heard it played better (though if anybody reckons there's a superior version I'd love to hear your recommendations!) Tight, fast and ferocious as all hell, recorded in perfect sound :)
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

I am definitely sure that they played "You know it's true" live circa 91. I think i have live version of this track, i will check my archive.

It's really hard to pick the best live version of Electric mainline indeed. I would choose Pinkpop 98 version, it is so intense and fuzzy.

Here is my list for LAGWAFIS:

1- LAGWAFIS (Royal Festival Hall 97)
2- Come Together (Glastonbury 98)
3- I think i'm in love (Glastonbury 98)
4- All of my thoughts (Supper Club, New York 97)
5- Stay with me (Radio City Music Hall 2010)
6- Electricity (Glastonbury 2002)
7- Home of the brave (Pinkpop 98)
8- The Individual (Not really matters haha)
9- Broken Heart (Union Chapel 2008 - Acoustic Mainline Tour)
10- No God only religion (Royal Albert Hall 98)
11- Cool Waves (Radio City Music Hall 2010)
12- Cop shoot cop (Glastonbury 2008)

Now i will think of a Pure phase list :lol:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

You Know It's True (@33.37) from 1990: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsw3LdfcjYg

The whole gig is worth a listen, Feel So Good segues into I Want You!

I agree with Good Times, i also think they played You Know It's True in 1991.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
space
Known user

Post by space »

don't forget to pm me the tracks you think should be included 8)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mc wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:45 pm
angelsighs wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm I don't envy trying to choose the best version of Electric Mainline!
I'd vote for the version on the Electricity single. Still not heard it played better (though if anybody reckons there's a superior version I'd love to hear your recommendations!) Tight, fast and ferocious as all hell, recorded in perfect sound :)
Yup that's definitely a good one. So many great versions of that
Amazing Grace and SHSL should be fairly straightforward for this as they were played in full on their respective tours.
For AG though I reckon some of the later versions of She Kissed Me were actually the best. I'll have to have a listen to my various boots