Nox Orae 2019 set rip

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

shalloboi
Known user

Nox Orae 2019 set rip

Post by shalloboi »

Hello, dear friends- haven't been here in quite a while. Hope you're all weathering the insanity as well as one can (if that's a thing)!
I just finished a Spiritualized marathon- I've been waiting for my vinyl copy of the VMP version of 'Ladies and Gentlemen...' (still hasn't arrived- it got sent to the wrong sorting facility). Today I finished 'And Nothing Hurt' and started listening to a rip I had from the Nox Orae set. I've always thought it sounded ear-splittingly trebly and (somehow) still too quiet. Today I wondered if I could fix it since the first track sounds quite nice and if the rest of the set sounded as nice it would pretty much be the perfect 'And Nothing Hurt' era bootleg...
Well, tonight as I watched the Kansas City Royals play the Detroit Tigers I tried out a few ideas in the limited software that I have and am happy to report that I think I've fixed the trebly issue and, while I haven't been able to listen to the entire thing yet (I've been listening to mostly the sections I know are troublesome), I believe I've fixed the EQ issue. So, I've included a download to a 320kbps mp3 copy of the full set to anyone who's interested.
Haven't checked in here that much during the whole COVID thing, but in my own life I've moved from Chicago to Kansas City (where I'm originally from) and am working as an Amazon delivery driver for the time being. So far it's been pretty good and it's been especially nice to have time to get caught up on vinyl rips, listen to tons of great music and take on projects like this one. Hope you all enjoy and I will make an effort to check in a bit more often.
Now, here's the link. Let me know if there are any problems-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4dzgectqb ... e.zip/file
Laz69
Known user

Re: Nox Orae 2019 set rip

Post by Laz69 »

Nice one. Thanks. Will have a listen today :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

shalloboi wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 am
Well, tonight as I watched the Kansas City Royals play the Detroit Tigers
Funny. Bottom 2 teams in the AL Central. Tigers have been fun to watch this year. Frustrating too.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

spzretent wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 pm
Funny. Bottom 2 teams in the AL Central. Tigers have been fun to watch this year. Frustrating too.
I know, my wife and I call it the great battle for fourth place.

The Royals were incredibly frustrating at the beginning of the year, but it's been fun to watch them because they're really starting to figure it out. The Tigers look good- it's going to be interesting next year because I think the division is going to look different. It's weird to me that the White Sox are good. That shit is bizarre.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

shalloboi wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:28 am
spzretent wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 pm
I know, my wife and I call it the great battle for fourth place.

The Royals were incredibly frustrating at the beginning of the year, but it's been fun to watch them because they're really starting to figure it out. The Tigers look good- it's going to be interesting next year because I think the division is going to look different. It's weird to me that the White Sox are good. That shit is bizarre.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cheers for sharing and doing the work on this Shalloboi, its a great recording, listening to it here on a Saturday night and really enjoying it, cheers :D
amazinggrace09
Known user

Post by amazinggrace09 »

Many thanks for your work remastering this recording. Look forward to giving it a listen. Thank you
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

thanks a lot for ripping this. the video was already a really good for me, so if you've improved it even further that's awesome. might replace my boot of the Portugal 2019 gig as the go to for this tour
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Thank you so much for this.

Right now, it’s a real soul-balm to everything else...

Beautiful recording. This rates with the Portugal show in intensity and quality.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Listening to it right now, sounds great!
Thank you very much!
"Thank you"
Eat Lights
New user

Post by Eat Lights »

Many thanks for posting this. I've been out of the loop for a few years now. Literally not listened to virtually any music in that time so it is nice to come back to this. Let's Dance seems to bring a tear though, I think it reminds me of travelling through India a couple of years ago and the romance of that whole adventure. Great stuff, cheers.