Do you need cheering UP? In a droney sort of WAY?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Do you need cheering UP? In a droney sort of WAY?

Post by clewsr »

Set your streaming services to stun with 'Lars and the magic Mountain', 'Everything looks good from here'

Lots of Spacemen 3 echos to enjoy, and a whole lot of positivity. I'm on the 5th listen to this after discovering it last night. It is having the kind of effect on me that I was hoping Sonics new album would have.

https://www.larsandthemagicmountain.com/
good dope/good fun
Known user

Re: Do you need cheering UP? In a droney sort of WAY?

Post by good dope/good fun »

Just listened to this from beginning to end.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Stellar recommendation.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm very stoned right now and this really hit my sweet spot. Thanks!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

toomilk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:22 am I'm very stoned right now and this really hit my sweet spot. Thanks!
haha. Pleased it had the right effect! I'm certainly looking for a bit of positivity in my music at the moment.

I saw from his web site that he played an album launch show at the Paradiso in Amsterdam a few days ago. How does that work? Are gigs still allowed in the Netherlands?

I miss gigs. :cry:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

clewsr wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:47 am

I saw from his web site that he played an album launch show at the Paradiso in Amsterdam a few days ago. How does that work? Are gigs still allowed in the Netherlands?

I miss gigs. :cry:
ah, turns out it didn't happen in the end -

"Yesterday’s show turned out to be quite a different then we expected. We were on stage, all set up, just finishing the soundcheck, when we were told the show was not going to happen due to new covid measures.
It was a very sad moment, both for the band and the Paradiso crew. This was supposed to be a magical night, releasing the record, bringing people together. We worked really hard putting this show together and the timing was just devastating.
Since everything was set up, we decided to do a show for the lovely people of the Paradiso crew (who are also obviously going through very uncertain times) and we made some recordings. Hope to be able to show you some of that footage soon.
The album is still coming out this friday.
For those who hold tickets: please bear with us as we’re looking for a new date."
diesel_foxxy
Known user

Post by diesel_foxxy »

Terrific sound. Perfect Rx. Looking forward to catching them live some day when we all can. Thanks for recommendation one of the better new bands I’ve heard in a while and lots of SP3 like tunes.