Letting it flow - the BBC sessions

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Letting it flow - the BBC sessions

Post by BzaInSpace »

So - got stuck into listening to this CDR I found while clearing shit out - it’s been an amazing commute listen.

Mainly John Peel sessions.

‘Walking with Jesus’ from 1995 hits the sweet spot between pure garage noise and The Beach Boys.

Despite the whole thing being live recordings, a lot of post-production went into this:

The last few songs are from Mary-Anne Hobbes’ amazing late night Breezeblock show in 1998 - I remember listening to that and levitating (in my mind)

‘Electric Mainline’ is quite incredible even now.

Early version of ‘I am what I am’ for the Nuggets inspired thing for the win... ‘Cop shoot cop...’ is mental.

Let me know if you want a copy. Beautiful!
O P 8
good dope/good fun
Known user

Re: Letting it flow - the BBC sessions

Post by good dope/good fun »

Agree.
On the latter half off that, the Mary-Anne Hobbes versions of Let It Flow and Things'll Never Be the Same are incendiary.
ungere
Known user

Post by ungere »

Would love to hear this. Can you share here? Thanks

BzaInSpace wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:32 pm So - got stuck into listening to this CDR I found while clearing shit out - it’s been an amazing commute listen.

Mainly John Peel sessions.

‘Walking with Jesus’ from 1995 hits the sweet spot between pure garage noise and The Beach Boys.

Despite the whole thing being live recordings, a lot of post-production went into this:

The last few songs are from Mary-Anne Hobbes’ amazing late night Breezeblock show in 1998 - I remember listening to that and levitating (in my mind)

‘Electric Mainline’ is quite incredible even now.

Early version of ‘I am what I am’ for the Nuggets inspired thing for the win... ‘Cop shoot cop...’ is mental.

Let me know if you want a copy. Beautiful!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

O P 8
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Fuck they were good.

That version of Born Never Asked/Electric Mainline from 93... magisterial. Entirely my fault, but I still feel cheated at having missed out on seeing that iteration of the band live.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Thanks for that! It's been a real long time since I've listened to this. This should have been released!!!