Albums That Have Sounded Even Better Over Lockdown

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ABOCA
Known user

Albums That Have Sounded Even Better Over Lockdown

Post by ABOCA »

Not sure if this will get much of a response, but I was having a chat last night about how music appeared to somehow sound even better over various periods of lockdown. These are some of the albums I recall as having that effect on me over the past nine months. Obviously the VMP version of Ladies & Gentleman We Are Floating In Space falls into this category, but that’s more about the excellent pressing rather than the experience.

In no particular order, ten off the top of my head:

Spiritualized - Let It Come Down
Spacemen 3 - Recurring
Kraftwerk - Man Machine
Electric Prunes - Underground
Primal Scream - Evil Heat
The Doors - L A Woman
Jackson 5 - Get It Together
The Jam - Sound Affects
The Supremes - New Ways But Love Stays
Curtis Mayfield - Back To The World.

There were loads more, but these in particular had a very powerful effect on me.
Zenchan
Known user

Re: Albums That Have Sounded Even Better Over Lockdown

Post by Zenchan »

Stereotypically, Man Machine was a favourite of mine during lots of summer cycling.

The Three EPs by the Beta Band has REALLY been getting played a lot working from homehome. Beacoup Fish by Underworld as well.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Waylon & Jessie’s “A Country Star is born” has been played a lot. Also Screaming Trees “Dust” which after 24 years still sounds superb
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

For most of this year i ditched music in favour of books as the majority of sounds were leaving me cold. Although this situation has improved in latter months :D

Could it be that during the lockdowns you've had more time on your hands and thus able to listen to music with 100% attention, rather than as a soundtrack to some other activity?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five