*** Spaceman Reissue Program ***

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Re: *** Spaceman Reissue Program ***

Post by spzretent »

No idea. I am not the one corresponding with management about this but I am pretty sure they read the forum.
I was corresponding earlier on during this reissue campaign. Helping someone get another copy of PP.
I wonder if any other pressings are having these quality control issues? Could it be pressing plants rushing to get records out the door.
Seems like everywhere this reissue campaign had issues. Why people still don't have copies of LAG shocks me. Whomever handled the fulfillment of this record really f*^#ed up. Those who pre-ordered the record should be the first ones to have the record in their hands. Not the last.
Also the shipping prices were way out of whack.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

The shipping prices on the deluxe version of the new record were BANANAS to Canada. Nearly doubled the price of the record.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

So far there have been quite a few reissues about their classics and most of them filled in the missing parts or as a collector's satisfaction(For me, I'm a little younger to touch those originals in real time).
Therefore, when I first saw the title "Spaceman Reissue Program", I was very excited. And the LGM exceeded my expectations and I was completely mind blown .

There has been some confusion since then. My PP GITD had some noise but I just thought it was "a bit too much to warm". At least it didn't make me feel like complaining.
But first LAGWAFIS Blue of mine was not good. Hmmmm, it was terrible. There was a problem not only with "CSC..." on side D, but also with all four sides of the two discs.
I contacted FP, then they quickly sent me the replacement and it arrived a few days ago. It has great sounds with no any noises. I'm really enjoying it.
But the strange thing is that the exact same item arrived (I know it's sold out already and some people haven't received it yet). What is the reason why the sound quality is completely different even though the product number and matrix code are exactly the same?

And I ordered with the box, so I haven't touched LCID yet. Two emails (HTML text of ”As compensation, we would like to offer you a free Spiritualized Pure Phase Art Print Set.” and plane text of “we would like to offer you a free Spiritualized badge set.”) are also weirdo. Been listening to LCID for 20 years and I know it won't run away anymore, but I have to say that seeing LCID Ivory at a local record shop every weekend is my stress.

I wonder how nice it would have been if there were three (for now) of the LGM quality after that. Might want too much. It's a shame because it's clear that no one wanted this situation.
I sincerely hope that nothing similar to this will happen with EWB. Given the current circumstance, I have no objection to the high shipping costs. But I will be crazy if I cannot to listen new tunes while two months after it was release!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Venkman wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm …but I doubt anyone in charge will care because they've still sold out of pretty much everything.
I’ll reply properly to this when I can, but as Alan says they very much do care. The word “mortified” I can safely quote. Via management and Jason.

Disappointing isn’t close for some of this - those that are still waiting for LAG - I don’t get that at all. And the box… supposedly 150 of the 700 were the wrong box entirely! And none of them are numbered…
O P 8
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

Spzretent & BZA - thanks for the replies. I do believe that they're pissed at this. Surely, must be. I'm sure it has been said before but for Jason to have gone to such lengths for both vinyl & CD releases in the past, 'mortifying' is an appropriate word to describe the catalogue of issues with re-issues that were so welcome and would be cherished. Without going over again what many have said, it is just frustrating to have such nice releases that just don't get played.

My personal experience has been LGM sounded good to me, PP is unplayable (credit though to Kontraband to replacing the poor GITD with a black that also had the same issue), I wasn't sure about buying the LAGWAFIS as I've got the VMP copy but was staring to convince myself to pick up a reissue to have a second copy, keeping the VMP as nice.

One of the reasons for not going for the LICD was due to the amount I play it. The main reason for me being unlikely to go for releases after LICD is mainly because I like the originals and have no particular issues with how they sound. I think they still look good.

Being pragmatic, I'd settle for shelling out again for a nice sounding release. I can't see how they'll be able to re-imburse or replace copies after all this time.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

BzaInSpace wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:40 pm
Venkman wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm …but I doubt anyone in charge will care because they've still sold out of pretty much everything.
I’ll reply properly to this when I can, but as Alan says they very much do care. The word “mortified” I can safely quote. Via management and Jason.

Disappointing isn’t close for some of this - those that are still waiting for LAG - I don’t get that at all. And the box… supposedly 150 of the 700 were the wrong box entirely! And none of them are numbered…
Yeah, I've cancelled my LAG order because it was merged with the LICD box etc and was going to delay everything. Ordered LAG elsewhere instead (as has been said it's insane that they still haven't had a restock when it's readily available elsewhere, that's even ignoring the fact that these are orders that were placed on the Spiritualized website within seconds of it going on sale) but also had the email about the boxes being delayed again so have still received nothing from either of the last 2 reissues.

I'm glad that people are mortified, but concerned that the new album release will be equally troubled.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Going to play a fun game where I pre-order LAGWAFIS with the new Rough Trade sleeve and see if it arrives before the copy I pre-ordered from the official store which was released in September.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/spiritual ... -plus-x2-2
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

I ordered a replacement from Far Possum instead on Wednesday. Turned up on Friday.

Might get this Right Trade one too now. Still no word on where the rest of my LAG or LICD orders are likely to arrive from the official store.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

mkb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:34 pm Going to play a fun game where I pre-order LAGWAFIS with the new Rough Trade sleeve and see if it arrives before the copy I pre-ordered from the official store which was released in September.

How many more different copies can they put out there!
'Remember, change is not good'
adamhx
Known user

Post by adamhx »

How is the sound on the LAG release?

I have ordered this new Rough Trade one but hoping the quality is not as poor as some of the other represses in the series.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

mkb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:34 pm Going to play a fun game where I pre-order LAGWAFIS with the new Rough Trade sleeve and see if it arrives before the copy I pre-ordered from the official store which was released in September.

Like the new Loop 2lp it comes to €60 :shock: Too rich for me.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

LICD box & vinyl finally arrived yesterday, although without the promised badge set that was meant to be included as compensation for the delays.

Not going to complain too much on here though as I know that some are still waiting for their copies of LAG to arrive which must be way more frustrating!

Box was undamaged which is good, not had chance to listen to vinyl yet but almost don't want to given issues with the other re-releases and some comments on here about LICD also.

Post by PopeJez »

Hi
Some good news - I chased my replacement Blue copy today and got the following reply:
Sorry for the delay, we have only just received these Blue LP's this morning, so we hope it will dispatch by the end of the week.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

In case anyone else is in the same boat Kontraband have just come back to me to confirm that the badge sets will be sent out separately.

Glad to see those with delayed LAG will be getting them soon! Who knows, maybe they will be a better pressing?

Post by mkb »

LICD box/vinyl/shirt/mug arrived today, and an email to say the LAGWAFIS package has been posted too.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Still not had so much as a shipping confirmation email for my LAG or LICD orders. :(
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Well, both my delayed LICD and LAG orders arrived within two days of each other this week. I'm glad that's sorted, finally.

Bizarrely, the "exclusive" Rough Trade version arrived today, despite its release date being December 10th.

If anyone is still considering the Rough Trade version, I can now report that it isn't an exclusive sleeve.
It is the exact same double LP with the new design, but with a piece of card wrapped around it (like the wraparound pages some newspapers carry from advertisers).

I think I'm ready to call it a day on being a determined completist. It's taken many years, but the overpriced frippery this year has finally made me realise it's all a bit pointless. I mean, if I have an album and I love it, why do I need several different formats of the same thing? Unless there's bonus tracks.

Also, for the next part of the Reissue Program, Amazing Grace, SHSL and A+E aren't the strongest in the catalogue (from my point of view), so I can't see how a coloured vinyl double LP with a couple of new photos is going to tempt me.

Disclaimer: I am, sadly, aware of the probability that I'll probably ignore all the above once Part 2 of the Reissue Program kicks off.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I've just received my Rough Trade version, and feel a bit ripped off. It's not a different sleeve at all, just a badly folded piece of card that doesn't even fit all the way around the LP sleeve. Another joke to add to this shambles of a reissue program.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

I've just received my Rough Trade version, and feel a bit ripped off. It's not a different sleeve at all, just a badly folded piece of card that doesn't even fit all the way around the LP sleeve.
Oh, sweet Jesus I've ordered this too. It sounds shite and not as advertised at all.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

PopeJez wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:38 pm
I've just received my Rough Trade version, and feel a bit ripped off. It's not a different sleeve at all, just a badly folded piece of card that doesn't even fit all the way around the LP sleeve.
Oh, sweet Jesus I've ordered this too. It sounds shite and not as advertised at all.
Nothing like, I'm seriously considering returning it.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I wonder if the sound quality is better on the Rough Trade one, with none of the errors? If it's a later pressing is that possible?
You could swap the records and send back the crappy pressing in the crappy sleeve..
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

I wonder if the sound quality is better on the Rough Trade one, with none of the errors? If it's a later pressing is that possible?
You could swap the records and send back the crappy pressing in the crappy sleeve..
lol...you evil genius, you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
adamhx
Known user

Post by adamhx »

My rough trade copy also just arrived. Its basically an extra fiver on top of the normal neptune blue pressing just for an added flimsy bit of card. I really should have known better than be suckered in by another 'exclusive'!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

rapideye wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 pm
lol...you evil genius, you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I do have the occasional good idea :)

I got LICD this week as a birthday present. not played yet, not that hopeful about any lack of issues though obviously

isn't is strange that Rough Trades albums of the year are always the ones where they've managed to get an exclusive vinyl edition? :?
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

I'm jinxed. Just taken delivery of my 2 orders (finally) and instead of the 1 X LAG mug I included and 1x LGM mug, I've received 2 X LAG myths, one of which is smashed because they were packed together without anything in-between them (should be grateful only one is broken I guess).

I really hope they get their act together before the new album comes out.

On the plus side, other than not being numbered, and having a couple of tiny marks on it, the box is way better quality than of expected, real solid and heavy too. Looks a brute compared to the AG and ANH boxes.
helter111
New user

Post by helter111 »

Not sure if already mentioned. Has anyone got a wonky tracklisting on LICD? Won't get to heaven listed on side c but actually on side d?
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

mn_spi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 am And I ordered with the box, so I haven't touched LCID yet. Two emails (HTML text of ”As compensation, we would like to offer you a free Spiritualized Pure Phase Art Print Set.” and plane text of “we would like to offer you a free Spiritualized badge set.”) are also weirdo. Been listening to LCID for 20 years and I know it won't run away anymore, but I have to say that seeing LCID Ivory at a local record shop every weekend is my stress.
Anyone received any badges or prints yet?
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Venkman wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:29 pm Anyone received any badges or prints yet?
I was meant to be getting a badge set as compensation for the delayed LICD box, they didn't arrive with the box and I was told they were being sent out separately. Nothing arrived and they said they'd send some more, still nothing arrived.

I'm not that bothered about the badges to be honest. I was quite happy just to accept the delay, it's not like it was new music I was desperate to listen to. But it doesn't do much for Kontraband's reputation in my mind, would have been better simply not to make promises they can't keep.

Post by Sim »

Sim wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:49 am
Venkman wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:29 pm Anyone received any badges or prints yet?
I was meant to be getting a badge set as compensation for the delayed LICD box, they didn't arrive with the box and I was told they were being sent out separately. Nothing arrived and they said they'd send some more, still nothing arrived.

I'm not that bothered about the badges to be honest. I was quite happy just to accept the delay, it's not like it was new music I was desperate to listen to. But it doesn't do much for Kontraband's reputation in my mind, would have been better simply not to make promises they can't keep.
Just as a follow up, willing to cut them a bit of slack. I contacted them again and they've been sent to a customer with the same name as me (twice). So my namesake in Northern Ireland will have more Spiritualized badges than they know what to do with!

Post by BessieBoporBach »

helter111 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:43 pm Not sure if already mentioned. Has anyone got a wonky tracklisting on LICD? Won't get to heaven listed on side c but actually on side d?
I believe they are all like that. Just an oopsie like the dead air before "The Individual" on the CD version of LAGWAFIS
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

It's been mentioned on here a few times that the right people are aware of the difficulties that we've all encountered with the reissue programme. I bought LGM on black and white vinyl, I have Pure Phase on GITD and black, LAGWAFIS on just blue (couldn't find black), and LICD on ivory and black. Also bough the big box too. We've all encountered significant delays and bad pressings and many have spent a small fortune on this. I've also bought EWB on 5 different formats so trying to support Jason & co. I also know that several people here are now quite anxious about what the pressings are going to be like and whether there'll be any issues with EWB - there's already a delay of 2 months. It's not a moan as such, but I know others have had a vent on here and just wondering whether anyone knows of whether there's going to be any kind of seeing where it went wrong or payback to us punters. Guess it could be quite hard as we all bought the albums from different places...

A bit of a ramble I know, but just thinking out loud......
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Just thinking again on this one whether anybody who is in touch with the label/management/Jason heard anything back about the problems that occurred with the pressings and general quality. There were several mentions on here about how unhappy people were and I know many of us spent a fair bit on these.

Do we also know whether/when there will be a Part 2 to the reissue programme, and whether the issues that occurred have been identified to hopefully make sure these won't happen again...? If anyone is in the know, have they heard anything about the artwork and vinyl colours for these...? Does anyone know if there will be a box again and as people also pointed out previously, will it be numbered this time...?

Sorry in advance for another ramble.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Any one if 24 bit digital versions were released?
Dreamweapon wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:42 pm It's been mentioned on here a few times that the right people are aware of the difficulties that we've all encountered with the reissue programme. I bought LGM on black and white vinyl, I have Pure Phase on GITD and black, LAGWAFIS on just blue (couldn't find black), and LICD on ivory and black. Also bough the big box too. We've all encountered significant delays and bad pressings and many have spent a small fortune on this. I've also bought EWB on 5 different formats so trying to support Jason & co. I also know that several people here are now quite anxious about what the pressings are going to be like and whether there'll be any issues with EWB - there's already a delay of 2 months. It's not a moan as such, but I know others have had a vent on here and just wondering whether anyone knows of whether there's going to be any kind of seeing where it went wrong or payback to us punters. Guess it could be quite hard as we all bought the albums from different places...

A bit of a ramble I know, but just thinking out loud......
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

Ladies and Gentlemen is getting a repress from Vinyl Me Please. This time they are pressing it at their own brand new pressing facility in Denver, Vinyl Media Pressing. They poached Gary Salstrom from QRP to design and run the whole facility.