New Neil Young 2021 Releases

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

neil_jung
Known user

New Neil Young 2021 Releases

Post by neil_jung »

Hey Guys.

Just saw a release from NY about what he plans to put out this year and thought I'd share. Going to be an expensive year!

This past weekend, we posted on A Message From Neil Young: A PANDEMIC AND A RARE GIFT | NYA.

In Neil's message he writes of how the events of 2020 brought "The focus, a gift".

The focus and the gift. (For us, a variation on "The Vista and The Muse.")

The focus was the gift, which has brought us an "avalanche of an embarrassment of riches" -- or as we characterized previously -- Expecting to Calculate Neil Young 2021: Numbers Add Up To Nothin' ... or "A Rusties Holy Grail".

So here is a rundown on what is coming on Neil Young Archives ... or, expecting to go broke ...

6 ‘Official Bootleg’ releases - scheduled for release in April August 2021. Titles include:
Carnegie Hall Dec 4, 1970 - 1st show - Release date now: MAY 7, 2021
Royce Hall. January 30, 1971
Dorothy Chandler Pavillion [sic]. Feb 1, 1971
Under The Rainbow. Nov 3, 1973
The Bottom Line aka ‘Citizen Kane Jr. Blues’ May 16, 1974
The Ducks - ‘Trick of Disaster’ August 1977
Original Recording Series (ORS) #4 - Albums in Hi-Res: Hawks and Doves, Reactor, This Note's For You, Eldorado. Release date: 5/28 TBD
Original Recording Series (ORS) #5 - Albums in Hi-Res: Freedom, ‘Smell the Horse’ - Ragged Glory Extended (+ 4 more tracks), Weld + ARC. Release date: August 6 2021. UPDATE: "Weld will be released as a 3 vinyl version in ORS Box Set #5. Arc will also be released on vinyl in the same ORS#5. The Weld DVD is scheduled to be released at the same time as the Weld Vinyl."
Original Recording Series (ORS) #6 - w/ "Sleeps With Angels” - November 26, 2021.
Original Recording Series (ORS) #7 - w/ “Broken Arrow” - tentatively scheduled for summer of 2022.
Live Alchemy - Crazy Horse Tour 2012/3. Release date: October 29, 2021
EARLY DAZE (unreleased Crazy Horse) - coming in '22
CSNY 70 / 71 Fillmore East - coming in 2022 w/ 4 camera video of CSNY
Landing On Water - coming in high resolution
Buffalo Springfield Boxset - outtakes have been added to NYA
Bridge School Series - "in a new part of NYA in the coming weeks"
A Snapshot in Time - " 'Barefoot Floors' is also included on NYA Volume 3 in ‘a snapshot in time’ disc 3. This is a documentary tape of me playing the songs on stars n bars for Nicolette Larson, Linda Ronstadt and David Briggs before we went into the studio. I think it’s the best recording. It may have been done separately in the studio."
Noise and Flowers - live concert album of the 2019 tour with POTR
Live Mirror Ball - in concert w/ Pearl Jam (DVD and CD);
Timeless Orpheum - solo 2019 on DVD;
Toast - unreleased Crazy Horse album
WELD Series - concerts from the 1991 Weld Tour
Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, New York, on 1991-02-16
Concert Performance Timeline:
San Jose, 1984-06-06, w/ The International Harvesters
Boulder, Colorado, Nov 6, 1976 w/ CH
Antwerp, July 9, 2019 w/ POTR
Paris, 11 dec 1989
Stockholm, 3 jul 2001
Kelowna, 22 apr 2009
Hunter Valley, 9 mar 2013
Belfast, 7 jun 2016 (3h !)
Outtakes - "Coming as outtakes and some are in albums like ‘Crazy Horse Early Daze’ and others . . . . unreleased."
Cinnamon Girl studio jan 1969
Winterlong studio oct 1969
Everybody's Alone studio CSNY oct 1969
Sea of Madness studio CSNY feb 1969
Last Dance studio dec 1972
New Mama studio dec 1972
Motorcycle Mama studio jan 75
Long May You Run studio jan 75
Neil Young Archives Volume #3 - CD set (12) and a Blu-Ray set (9) for NYA Volume lll.
THE BOARDING HOUSE (1978)
A compilation of tracks from a total of ten concerts in the Boarding House, San Francisco based on Joel Bernstein's original notes - and thus a supplement to the 'BOARDING HOUSE' film, which is a continuous documentation of a single show from start to finish.
OCEANSIDE-COUNTRYSIDE (1978)
The original material of 'Comes a Time', recorded solo.
GIVE TO THE WIND ORCHESTRA (1978) - Disc 4
Live recording of a rehearsal session at Nashville Musician's Union Hall with the full album orchestra and Nicolette Larson. Neil Young: "We have the rehearsal tape done at the Nashville Musician’s Union Hall the previous day with Nicolette and I and the entire orchestra." "A gigantic recording - 10 or 11 songs with the orchestra, Nicolette and I sing live."
JOHNNY'S ISLAND (1982)
An unrealized album recorded acoustically with the trans band in Hawaii, three tracks of which were later released on "TRANS". Finished with 7 unreleased tracks + the 3 Trans acoustic. "Johnny’s Island, is not ‘Island in the Sun,’ but does include some of the music from that unreleased record, in addition to other rare unheard songs."
OLD WAYS (1984)
First version of the later album of the same name, rejected by the Geffen label
FREEDOM LIVE (1989)
from the Europe Tour with Poncho and Ben Keith
ROAD OF PLENTY (1990)
"Rockin 'in the Free World" with Poncho Sampedro, Charlie Drayton, Steve Jordan of the cast for the performance on "Saturday Night Live" and other highlights from the rehearsals for that performance.
Eight films:
CRAZY HORSE WORLD TOUR (1976) Tokyo Budokan / London Odeon Hammersmith
BOARDING HOUSE (1978)
RUST NEVER SLEEPS (1979)
HUMAN HIGHWAY (1982)
TRANS ANIMATED MOVIE by Micah Nelson and Neil Young, 2021
BERLIN (1982)
SOLO TRANS (1984)
IN A RUSTED OUT GARAGE (1986)
MUDDY TRACK (1987)

should tide us over until jason releases his lockdown album in 2029!
I’ve been visiting morgues and monasteries
Looking for the necessary body parts
Limbs and livers and brains and hearts
I want to bring someone to life - is what I want to do
I want to create my own version of you

dylan
Vancouver
Known user

Re: New Neil Young 2021 Releases

Post by Vancouver »

Insane. No way all of that actually gets released but man he's doing a great job with his archives.

Really looking forward to the Bottom Line show. Hoping it's better quality than the bootleg.