New interview: Coming into phase

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

burningwheel
Known user

New interview: Coming into phase

Post by burningwheel »

[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
BessieBoporBach
Known user

Re: New interview: Coming into phase

Post by BessieBoporBach »

These new interviews are really interesting and sort of hilarious. People have been talking shit about Kate Radley for 30 years and now Jason is saying in every interview that she was the most important musician in the band :lol: And when you read what he's saying and listen to the records and live recordings it actually makes a lot of sense.

It's also been fun to very gradually get his "other side" to the outlandish stories in Will's book.

Not sure about his math where he says he made LGM in his "early twenties" though. although I guess the rest of them were several years younger.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Yeah, I've always thought Kate's keyboard playing was a pivotal part of the band's sound in the early days. I absolutely adore those Vox and Farfisa tones Jason's referring to.

Age-wise, LGM was recorded between November 1990-July 1991 according to wikipedia, so Jason would've been 25 at the time. Not quite early 20s, but definitely mid 20s :D
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mc wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:31 am Age-wise, LGM was recorded between November 1990-July 1991 according to wikipedia, so Jason would've been 25 at the time. Not quite early 20s, but definitely mid 20s :D
I thought the same thing! then I did the maths, I guess I forgot how young Jason was when Sp3 started.

agree on Kate's keyboard sound- pivotal to the early stuff. it's not like the others were playing virtuoso stuff a lot of the time either.