Bobby Gillespie & Will Sergeant to release memoirs

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

neil_jung
Known user

Bobby Gillespie & Will Sergeant to release memoirs

Post by neil_jung »

Primal Scream’s Bobby Gillespie to release memoir, ‘Tenement Kid’
Echo And The Bunnymen's Will Sergeant will also publish a memoir via Third Man's book imprint

Primal Scream’s Bobby Gillespie and Echo And The Bunnymen’s Will Sergeant will both release their debut memoirs on Third Man Records’ book imprint.

Gillespie’s book will be titled Tenement Kid, while Sergeant’s will be called Bunnyman: Post-War Kid To Post-Punk Guitarist Of Echo And The Bunnymen.

In a synopsis, the Primal Scream frontman’s work was described as “a righteous path through a decade lost to Thatcherism and saved by acid house”. Over four parts, it will explore Gillespie’s childhood in working-class Glasgow, the formative years of Primal Scream, the Second Summer Of Love, and the Scottish band’s legacy.

Sergeant’s, meanwhile, will follow his own band’s journey, as well as detail the social and musical history in England after the Second World War. In that, he will delve into subjects including Thatcherism and punk.

Both will be published by Third Man Books later this year, with Tenement Kid arriving in October and Bunnyman following in November. You can pre-order both at the Third Man site.
I’ve been visiting morgues and monasteries
Looking for the necessary body parts
Limbs and livers and brains and hearts
I want to bring someone to life - is what I want to do
I want to create my own version of you

dylan
toomilk
Known user

Re: Bobby Gillespie & Will Sergeant to release memoirs

Post by toomilk »

Both are available for pre order from Rough Trade. I pre-ordered Tenement Kid back in March.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/bobby-gil ... nement-kid
https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/will-sergeant/bunnyman