Thurston Moore to release ‘Sonic Life’ memoir in 2023

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

neil_jung
Known user

Thurston Moore to release ‘Sonic Life’ memoir in 2023

Post by neil_jung »

Thurston Moore will release his memoir Sonic Life in 2023 after signing a new publishing deal.

Moore first told NME about the planned book in an interview last year, describing it as a retelling of his “history of coming to New York City as a teenager and finding my footing as a musician”.

“It’s not only just ‘Well here’s my life story’, as I wanted to get away from the ego of it and talk about the information – so when you first see a picture of Iggy and the Stooges in 1973 in a magazine, why did it have such an effect on you? Why did that photograph of something that was so subversive in the music scene appeal to somebody from a safe and protected middle-class lifestyle?” he said.

At the time, Moore said he hoped to publish Sonic Life within a year. Now, publishing house Faber has purchased the rights for a 2023 release.

A new synopsis on The Booksellers says the story is “all told via the personal prism of the author’s intensive archives and research”.
I’ve been visiting morgues and monasteries
Looking for the necessary body parts
Limbs and livers and brains and hearts
I want to bring someone to life - is what I want to do
I want to create my own version of you

dylan
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Thurston Moore to release ‘Sonic Life’ memoir in 2023

Post by angelsighs »

I'd definitely be interested in giving this a read but it's hard to get excited about something releasing in 2023. Seems so far away.
From the sounds of it, this cover his early years. Maybe lining up future volumes :)
If it doesn't cover his whole career also means won't have to talk about the whole Kim Gordon split :/