New War On Drugs

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

New War On Drugs

Post by niamhm »

New War On Drugs first track sounds like a great tune to these ears, 4 yrs seems the norm these days, hard to say on one song how or if they`ve, or how far they`ve moved on but Living Proof sounds amazing .
One thing though, just preordered the album, with postage, £44!! Got tickets too see them last week , £38 that`s more than okay, I expected it to over £50 so a bonus, but f#ck me gently? £44 for the album? That just can`t keep going
angelsighs
Known user

Re: New War On Drugs

Post by angelsighs »

yeah that's surprisingly good value for the live show (considering they are pretty big now) but weirdly expensive for the album. wtf.

Had a listen to the new song, didn't really do much for me I'm afraid. it just sort of floats by and it's nothing new for them.
I think this band may have drifted away and become not my sort of thing anymore. I don't mean that in a snobby way, the stadium rock was always in there but it was best when mixed in with drones and stuff. with A Deeper Understanding there were a couple of songs I really liked but the rest left me cold.

might go and put on Slave Ambient tonight..