"Everything was beautiful" - New Spiritualized® Album 2022

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

mkb
Known user

Re: "Everything was beautiful" - New Spiritualized® Album 2022

Post by mkb »

Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Email and Twitter confirmation that the album is now delayed until April.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I know the vinyl production delays will cause issues like this, and I can see the point in wanting all formats to be released at the same time, but I think they would be better still going ahead with the streaming/digital release this month with vinyl to follow when ready. All the reviews and press were based on it coming in February.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

From the replies on Twitter it appears that some stores already have some of the vinyl in stock.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Just waiting for the tour postponement announcement now :(
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Bah! :( I'm surprised it hasn't leaked tbh.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

This is a major drag and a weird decision. There's a lot of momentum built up now. Plus, it's not abnormal at all for vinyl to be released a few months after digital. All vinyl buyers are used to it.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Bugger. Would have been fine buying a CD copy but i guess it makes sense to release together
Kinda hope it doesn't leak, i dont want the temptation
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

mkb wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:19 pm I know the vinyl production delays will cause issues like this, and I can see the point in wanting all formats to be released at the same time, but I think they would be better still going ahead with the streaming/digital release this month with vinyl to follow when ready. All the reviews and press were based on it coming in February.
Agreed…
O P 8
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

If the touring starts in March, they'll be playing new material to crowds who haven't heard it yet. I know they did that for a while in the 2010's but then decided they didn't like doing that and so stopped. Maybe putting the album out on stream/download/CD would fix that. The artist's call though, I guess.
lasereater
New user

Post by lasereater »

Long time lurker here…

It leaked btw…

It’s gorgeous. Probably the most uplifting by Jason. Lots of nods to past albums.

It took me two listens to appreciate it.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Excellent ! Will get to see them play the new songs live before hearing them on album like we did in the 90s. Love it.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Wherever that leak is i can't find it. Removed from Reddit, but i would've thought once it's out there it wouldn't of been hard to find. The wait continues...
A saint
Known user

Post by A saint »

Yeah, it's been out there for a few days at least. I didn't want to be the one to point that out, but I hope/assume we're all doing our part here to keep Jason's life financially viable.

Fantastic record. People who weren't thrilled by "Crazy" will be thrilled to note that it's an outlier, and that other than "Let it Bleed" (which is sort of Let it Come Down-ish, a ballad with a banging chorus), it's . . . loud. Lots of horns, lots of Kraut-y grooviness, lots of shit that's going to sound monstrous when they play it live. It's both a beautiful companion to the last record--it would've made sense as a double--and its own thing. I reckon delaying the release is a mistake, but in any case I doubt folks here will be too disappointed.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

If anyone wants to DM me a link to the new album I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm hoping that my pre-order supports Jason and fam.
Would prefer it hear it ASAP if it's out there than wait til April.
My apologies if this post offends anyone.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

A saint wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:01 pm

Fantastic record. People who weren't thrilled by "Crazy" will be thrilled to note that it's an outlier, and that other than "Let it Bleed" (which is sort of Let it Come Down-ish, a ballad with a banging chorus), it's . . . loud. Lots of horns, lots of Kraut-y grooviness, lots of shit that's going to sound monstrous when they play it live. It's both a beautiful companion to the last record--it would've made sense as a double--and its own thing. I reckon delaying the release is a mistake, but in any case I doubt folks here will be too disappointed.
Thanks for the insightful review! You've just hyped me up for the album even more now. Can't wait to hear it.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

good dope/good fun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:17 pm If anyone wants to DM me a link to the new album I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm hoping that my pre-order supports Jason and fam.
Would prefer it hear it ASAP if it's out there than wait til April.
My apologies if this post offends anyone.
I'll second that - I've already pre-ordered the album on 5 different formats!
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Re: New album news imminent?

Post by Billy_Whizz »

Ian wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 pm
heisenberg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:04 pm
mkb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:00 pm Everything Was Beautiful™

https://twitter.com/officialSpzd/status ... 6Lshg&s=19
Everything Was Beautiful And Nothing Hurt!
Companion piece?

It would appear so! It's a quote from Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

https://kurtvonnegut4thewin.wordpress.c ... hing-hurt/

...as pre-empted by this review of And Nothing Hurt... which claims Jason had cancer (!?)

https://thethinair.net/2018/09/spiritua ... hing-hurt/
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Re: New album news imminent?

Post by Billy_Whizz »

Billy_Whizz wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:49 am
Ian wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 pm
heisenberg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:04 pm
mkb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:00 pm Everything Was Beautiful™

https://twitter.com/officialSpzd/status ... 6Lshg&s=19
Everything Was Beautiful And Nothing Hurt!
Companion piece?

It would appear so! It's a quote from Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

https://kurtvonnegut4thewin.wordpress.c ... hing-hurt/

...as pre-empted by this review of And Nothing Hurt... which claims Jason had cancer (!?)

https://thethinair.net/2018/09/spiritua ... hing-hurt/
Although he was beaten to it by Moby! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everythin ... oby_album)

Thinking back... do I remember correctly that there were supposedly 21 tracks recorded in the sessions with Youth? If so, there are still unreleased songs somewhere. I'm not sure we'll ever hear the actual recordings from those sessions but it means Jason has songs on the backburner somewhere.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Best album since Ladies & Gents. Simple as. Only one dud track (Crazy) the rest veers from good to superb. The Mainline Song will sound familiar to some folks :wink:
This album is not what i was expecting at all, which was basically ANH pt.2. There will be no midset lulls at the upcoming gigs if he plays the album in full.

Never Mind The Ballads indeed.

They should definitely release it now and let the vinyl nerds suck it up and wait. (I am one of those nerds btw)
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Well, guess i am gonna have to avoid this thread for a few weeks as i am a saddo and want my first listen to be 'proper' with physical product in hand! And no preconceptions.

Peoples reactions seem very encouraging though, particularly you Sunray as i know you aren't too keen on the ballads and would call it as you see it!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I'm on my fourth listen already today and i've not done that with a Spiritualized album since the 90s.
Admittedly the 44min. duration helps greatly, but ANH was of a similar length and i had to force myself to listen to that rather than felt compelled to.
I'd argue that Crazy should have been on ANH and On The Sunshine or The Morning After held back for EWB, just leaving one of them as the token rocker on the former.
There's a lot of nods to former periods of the band but eschewing the dreary ballad aspect of previous eras. Roll on Dublin in May :D
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

I've also now had 3 solid listens and actually love 'Crazy'. Having a Spz session and am actually listening to Pure Phase now as I type. Only one I'm not fully sold on as yet is actually 'I'm Coming Home Again' but that may change. Really loving the album, and on the basis that there are other tracks that were considered for the album, also hoping that there be either a deluxe version coming out later, another album possibly in the pipeline without a huge wait for it, or maybe the other tracks could be issued as a couple of interim EPs....
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

For those that have heard it ... Is it in flac and what is the production like? Is it similar to ANH?

I'll accept a link if in flac please btw , have the cd on pre order.
KappaTI
Known user

Post by KappaTI »

SpEnCeR1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:55 pm For those that have heard it ... Is it in flac and what is the production like? Is it similar to ANH?

I'll accept a link if in flac please btw , have the cd on pre order.
Production is the biggest since Let it Come Down, lots of horns. Really hope they show up on the tour.

Only song I wasn't in love with on first listen was Mainline, but I'm sure it'll grow on me in time. It sorta reminded me of the first half of Recurring, which felt strange. Final two songs are excellent.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

can someone please link me to EWB!
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

The Mainline Song is full Neu!
Last edited by Multi on Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

man, Mainline - A Song - Coming Home Again, what a trio!
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

and maybe it's just me, but the opening guitar line of D song sounds a whole lot like Electricity
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

First impressions (2 listens) and it's pretty much what I was hoping for. In fact Mainline has made all my dreams come true. One of the greatest things he's ever done.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dreamweapon wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:11 pm Only one I'm not fully sold on as yet is actually 'I'm Coming Home Again' but that may change.
I get that. It's not really the gargantuan, epic album closer that we'd been led to believe it was. Does sound very LICD though. I think Let It Bleed would've made a great closer if stretched out for a few more minutes.
KappaTI wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:28 pm Only song I wasn't in love with on first listen was Mainline, but I'm sure it'll grow on me in time. It sorta reminded me of the first half of Recurring, which felt strange. Final two songs are excellent.
Do you mean Mainline reminded you of Recurring or all of EWB itself? I ask because the last 30/40 seconds of Mainline remind me of Big City.
Multi wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:08 am The Mainline Song is full Neu!
Kenzo. (There i said it. My apologies for ruining the surprise but i couldn't contain myself :oops: )
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

My GOODNESS Mainline is something!
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am Kenzo. (There i said it. My apologies for ruining the surprise but i couldn't contain myself :oops: )
I don't understand what you mean...

Zenchan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:44 pm My GOODNESS Mainline is something!
Yeah, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I've just had to have it on repeat for a while, now all that's in my head is

"sweet heart sweet light
oh babe it's a beautiful night
and I wanted to know
if you wanted to go
to the city tonight-ight-ight-ight-ight"

I'm already thinking it's one of his greatest ever tunes.
Last edited by Billy_Whizz on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Okay you lot, that's just it.
I was in peace with the fact that I had to wait till the end of the month for the album to drop in my mailbox (after paying an extra 20 something € fucking custom tax).
But than the Brussels gig got postponed, then the album got a 2 month delay, and now I found out on the spz band camp page that the Utrecht gig (which was going to take place on my birthday, mind you) just simply disappeared. 😬
So, if there is a kind soul who's willing to pass me a download link, I would be very thankful.
It would save the day!
"Thank you"
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

herman wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:47 pm Okay you lot, that's just it.
I was in peace with the fact that I had to wait till the end of the month for the album to drop in my mailbox (after paying an extra 20 something € fucking custom tax).
But than the Brussels gig got postponed, then the album got a 2 month delay, and now I found out on the spz band camp page that the Utrecht gig (which was going to take place on my birthday, mind you) just simply disappeared. 😬
So, if there is a kind soul who's willing to pass me a download link, I would be very thankful.
It would save the day!
Strange because on https://www.spiritualized.com/pages/live you can still buy tickets to Utrecht gig. On Spz band camp Copenhagen, Goteborg have disappeared but you can still buy tickets from https://www.spiritualized.com/pages/live.
KappaTI
Known user

Post by KappaTI »

sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am
Do you mean Mainline reminded you of Recurring or all of EWB itself? I ask because the last 30/40 seconds of Mainline remind me of Big City.
Yeah, that's it. I was thinking Mainline reminded me of Big City. It's already grown on me a bit, really liking this album a lot.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

cantona wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:57 pm Strange because on https://www.spiritualized.com/pages/live you can still buy tickets to Utrecht gig. On Spz band camp Copenhagen, Goteborg have disappeared but you can still buy tickets from https://www.spiritualized.com/pages/live.
Strange is also that for both Copenhagen and Göteborg gigs official sites of those clubs where Spiritualized should be performing still have those gigs up and confirmed. Sir, can we be more in closer contact about those events? Read your PM's.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Billy_Whizz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:18 pm
sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am Kenzo. (There i said it. My apologies for ruining the surprise but i couldn't contain myself :oops: )
A few years ago Jason recorded two tracks for fashion brand Kenzo Paris, one for the men's collection and one for the women's. I assume they were used for catwalk shows. Anyway, both of them were beautiful 16 minute pieces loved by everyone here who heard them.
The men's one has surfaced, in part, in The Mainline Song.

Men: https://soundcloud.com/kenzoparis/kenzo ... son-pierce
Women: https://soundcloud.com/kenzoparis/kenzo ... son-pierce
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:19 pm
Billy_Whizz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:18 pm
A few years ago Jason recorded two tracks for fashion brand Kenzo Paris, one for the men's collection and one for the women's. I assume they were used for catwalk shows. Anyway, both of them were beautiful 16 minute pieces loved by everyone here who heard them.
The men's one has surfaced, in part, in The Mainline Song.

Men: https://soundcloud.com/kenzoparis/kenzo ... son-pierce
Women: https://soundcloud.com/kenzoparis/kenzo ... son-pierce
Ah yes! I remember these but I don't think I've listened to them since they first appeared for some reason. I'll give them another spin! Thanks!
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Multi wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:04 pm can someone please link me to EWB!
I'd love to get the download as well. I've preordered the cd and shirt and I'm also going to get the record.
Wah - Wah
Known user

Post by Wah - Wah »

The same here. I have already ordered the actual album on CD and the neat little pillbox.
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

I was just going to do a brief rundown of the album to post to a few mates on Facebook... but I got carried away and it almost turned into a full review... albeit a bit of a drunken on. So I posted it to a blog that hasn't been used for 6 years... my (early) take on things I guess..

https://thesoundofconfusionblog.blogspo ... tiful.html
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

So it seems the release date for the accompanying merch has also shifted to April. I'll have to wait longer for my mug and badges too.

While i was checking the store I also noticed these Pure Phase art prints. Is it just me or were they not there before??
https://www.spiritualized.com/products/ ... -print-set
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

The Pure Phase prints were previously available, although I'm not sure if only as part of a bundle with the reissue (I got them with my copy of the reissued vinyl)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

mkb wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 pm The Pure Phase prints were previously available, although I'm not sure if only as part of a bundle with the reissue (I got them with my copy of the reissued vinyl)
Yeah i'm certain they were only available in a bundle w/vinyl, rather than a separate single purchase.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Thanks guys. The prints look pretty nice, i am quite tempted. but wall space is becoming a premium for me now!
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

Ok so I've spun this 3 times now. So far I prefer ANH, I'm yet to be convinced the songs on this one are as good.
First time through I was straight and came away disappointed, it's grown on me a little after a smoke although I'm a bit bemused by some of the production/ mixing choices. I love me a cacophony but sometimes it turns into a trebly mush without much definition/ instrument clarity and is difficult to listen too....I also think the sound of the drumkit hasn't been that great since SHSL, lacked a bit of punch. The guitars also seem to be mixed low or the edges have been smoothed out.

YMMV of course and no doubt my opinion will change given time. Still very much looking forward to seeing them live in Nottingham.
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

And it feels really blimmin short!

Might make a mega album up of both mixed together.
Wah - Wah
Known user

Post by Wah - Wah »

So here are my first impressions after the first few spins today.
1. Always together with you : I like the old version better, which is spacier and more minimal.
2. Best thing you never had : sounds promising, might be a grower soon. Not electric enough for something like Electricity though. No ballad either.
Sits somewhere inbetween.
3. Let it bleed : this one sounds too much like Spz by numbers to me. Reminds me of Out of sight. I`m not sure if I`ll ever really like it.
4. Crazy : I like it ! It`s so soft and warm. You will have heard it by now anyway.
5. The Mainline song : I was hoping for something like Electric Mainline and yes, here we go. So uplifting and hypnotic at the same time. That`s it.
I`ve always liked the two Kenzo songs anyway and never knew why they were hardly ever mentioned or appreciated ? I see myself listening to the Mainline song and the two Kenzo songs in a row for 40 minutes of bliss now. Good, better times ahead !
6. The A song : this one is getting noisy again, I missed that ! It sounds very different from the live version, so I still have to get used to it, but it is as good as I expected.
7. I`m coming home again : this is a very interesting song, reminds me of the last few minutes of Cop shoot cop, strange atmosphere, it doesn`t go anywhere, but that`s what makes it interesting and special. That`s a good thing in this case. I guess this will be a grower, too.
Overall impression : my expectations were even higher after the good reviews, but it`s a good album. The album is very short plus many songs are not completely new. The best of this and and And nothing hurt combined would have been a new masterpiece.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

7 tracks does appear very short. But from what I’m reading, those 7 tracks are incredible.

The idea of making a double album out of the playlists is a great idea.

Also really keen about the idea that the band has finally been able to reproduce on a recording at least - the unholy noise they make live. In particular that insane barrage of guitar and horn chaos… the kinda thing I would scour bootlegs for.
O P 8
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

angel-sighs wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:48 pm Thanks guys. The prints look pretty nice, i am quite tempted. but wall space is becoming a premium for me now!
I bought them from the web site soon after they first appeared. I think the site was glitchy as they suddenly disappeared from the UK inventory but could still be bought from the states.

To be honest, I found them a bit underwhelming quality-wise and for the cost, their size. What's not clear from the web site is they are digitally printed on a medium weight uncoated card rather than heavyweight gloss photo prints.

I just have them in a drawer and perhaps they'll look better under glass if I get around to framing them.
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

I'm really conflicted. I want to hear the album, but I'd rather wait until I have the physical release in my hand. Having heard Amazing Grace when it leaked, it's never really registered as a 'proper' album for me, even though I bought the CD when it was eventually released. I've considered having my own, private release day on 25th and seeking out the album then. But I still won't have the physical product, so it still won't be the same. But then I see all your reviews and comments and it can't help but start to prejudice my views of the album before I've even heard it.

I guess I might just have to avoid this thread for a couple of months.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Spiby wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:46 am I'm really conflicted. I want to hear the album, but I'd rather wait until I have the physical release in my hand. Having heard Amazing Grace when it leaked, it's never really registered as a 'proper' album for me, even though I bought the CD when it was eventually released. I've considered having my own, private release day on 25th and seeking out the album then. But I still won't have the physical product, so it still won't be the same. But then I see all your reviews and comments and it can't help but start to prejudice my views of the album before I've even heard it.

I am one of those masochists who is going to wait until I have a physical copy to listen to the album. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to hear it- I've managed to avoid listening to Crazy and have limited my listens of Always Together With You. I just feel like I will have a bit more time at the end of April, the winter will be over, the gigs will be closer etc. I'm hoping the time goes into producing good pressings of the vinyl and the merch is in place and that the band don't get fucked over as they did last year. I can imagine this is important to the band and I'm cool with that.

I always tie the release of a new Spiritualized album with spring/end of summer as historically that's when they have always been released. So I'm happy that the album can now be the soundtrack to my summer. We waited 6 years for ANH and 3 and a bit for EWB, I can do a few more months. Also, by that time I can delve into the double album tracklistings you will all be offering up and which will hopefully go on to be a fruitful thread of its own on here.

Thanks for the reviews so far from everyone who has offered them.
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

heisenberg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 am
Spiby wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:46 am I'm really conflicted. I want to hear the album, but I'd rather wait until I have the physical release in my hand. Having heard Amazing Grace when it leaked, it's never really registered as a 'proper' album for me, even though I bought the CD when it was eventually released. I've considered having my own, private release day on 25th and seeking out the album then. But I still won't have the physical product, so it still won't be the same. But then I see all your reviews and comments and it can't help but start to prejudice my views of the album before I've even heard it.

I am one of those masochists who is going to wait until I have a physical copy to listen to the album. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to hear it- I've managed to avoid listening to Crazy and have limited my listens of Always Together With You. I just feel like I will have a bit more time at the end of April, the winter will be over, the gigs will be closer etc. I'm hoping the time goes into producing good pressings of the vinyl and the merch is in place and that the band don't get fucked over as they did last year. I can imagine this is important to the band and I'm cool with that.

I always tie the release of a new Spiritualized album with spring/end of summer as historically that's when they have always been released. So I'm happy that the album can now be the soundtrack to my summer. We waited 6 years for ANH and 3 and a bit for EWB, I can do a few more months. Also, by that time I can delve into the double album tracklistings you will all be offering up and which will hopefully go on to be a fruitful thread of its own on here.

Thanks for the reviews so far from everyone who has offered them.
You've inspired me to hold on until April. I'm quite happy to listen to Crazy and Always Together with You as they're legit streaming. They can keep me going until the rest of the album is available.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Spiby wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:23 am
You've inspired me to hold on until April. I'm quite happy to listen to Crazy and Always Together with You as they're legit streaming. They can keep me going until the rest of the album is available.
Count me in that club too! I have self control :)
Don't want the physical release to feel like an after thought. Liking reading the thoughts here but gonna try to avoid it now
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

KappaTI wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:12 pm
sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am
Yeah, that's it. I was thinking Mainline reminded me of Big City. It's already grown on me a bit, really liking this album a lot.
Love this track

It would be very cool if this one had been (for Sonic) at the end of the title!
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

Ha ha. Because of a dream I had last night whereby a 10 foot tall Jason Pierce came to my house and gave me a big hug despite my not so gushing initial impressions I seem to be enjoying this album alot more today although I have slotted on the sunshine and the morning after into the tracklist and the production still baffles, one minute I like it the next I don't.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

Anyone hit me up for a link? On my way to Santa fe so I'll need the familiarity ...
My 5 copies of the album won't be here by then... :wink:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Spiritualized's management have contacted us moderators and are concerned about the leak of the new album.
What people here do privately we obviously have no control over.
If a link is posted in this thread it will be deleted as soon as we see it.

Sorry if this is a bit heavy handed but we appreciate the relationship we have with management. It is much better this way. Trust us.
Back to regularly scheduled posting.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Is the digital release definitely delayed? The Spiritualized bandcamp page is still saying 25th February.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

mkb wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:50 am Is the digital release definitely delayed? The Spiritualized bandcamp page is still saying 25th February.
The bandcamp page also has a truncated list of upcoming gigs, some of which I have tickets for, very annoying to see these inconsistencies and get no official clarification
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spzretent wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:56 am Spiritualized's management have contacted us moderators and are concerned about the leak of the new album.
What people here do privately we obviously have no control over.
If a link is posted in this thread it will be deleted as soon as we see it.

Sorry if this is a bit heavy handed but we appreciate the relationship we have with management. It is much better this way. Trust us.
Back to regularly scheduled posting.
I was wondering was our newest member really 'Management' :)
Bit strange having words here though? If there's one place on the internet where the vast majority, if not all posters, are going to buy the album it's this forum. Probably multiple copies too ( i myself have the boxset/black vinyl/cd ordered). If someone wasn't going to buy the album now it's unlikely they'll buy it in April.
They should have just released the stream/download/cd this month and any floating voters would likely decide on the strength of that to go see the band live at least. By delaying the release a lot of folks will probably put it down as 'just another Spiritualized album' and not bother with it or the tour. The reviews may be good but they don't give an indication of what EWB really sounds like or how different it is to recent releases.

Just my tuppence worth :arrow:
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

sunray wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:55 pmBit strange having words here though? If there's one place on the internet where the vast majority, if not all posters, are going to buy the album it's this forum. Probably multiple copies too ( i myself have the boxset/black vinyl/cd ordered). If someone wasn't going to buy the album now it's unlikely they'll buy it in April.
If I'm reading spzretent's post correctly, they aren't trying to stop people discussing the album. They are just saying that they won't tollerate people asking about or posting information about how to get hold of it. This seems more than fair to me, I can't see how a forum linked from the official band site can host discussions about how to get hold of an unreleased album ahead of its release and for free. And while we can take it for granted that all of the regular posters will be buying the album at least once, almost all forums have more lurking members than posting ones who may not be as dedicated.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ian wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:09 pm
If I'm reading spzretent's post correctly, they aren't trying to stop people discussing the album. They are just saying that they won't tollerate people asking about or posting information about how to get hold of it. This seems more than fair to me, I can't see how a forum linked from the official band site can host discussions aobut how to get hold of an unreleased album ahead of its release and for free. And while we can take it for granted that all of the regular posters will be buying the album at least once, almost all forums have more lurking members than posting ones who may not be as dedicated.
Exactly Ian.
The crux of the post is that if someone posts a link it will be taken down.
That's all.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spzretent wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm
Ian wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:09 pm
If I'm reading spzretent's post correctly, they aren't trying to stop people discussing the album. They are just saying that they won't tollerate people asking about or posting information about how to get hold of it. This seems more than fair to me, I can't see how a forum linked from the official band site can host discussions aobut how to get hold of an unreleased album ahead of its release and for free. And while we can take it for granted that all of the regular posters will be buying the album at least once, almost all forums have more lurking members than posting ones who may not be as dedicated.
Exactly Ian.
The crux of the post is that if someone posts a link it will be taken down.
That's all.
Aye fair enough. That's always been the standard around here iirc.
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

All seems fair enough. My concern is that the delayed release will have taken the wind out of the sails of the hype/excitement/coverage. There have been press reviews and interviews for a while now and these are already fading into the past and out of consciousness for people who aren't hardcore fans. The album was expected. Of course us lot aren't going to forget that, but for the general punter... last album got to 11 in the UK. I'd have liked for this one to do better. Of course chart positions aren't everything but sales are important. I think it could be a bad move delaying everything for so long. A download and released on streaming sites would have made sense to keep this month. It'll be mainly hardcore fans who buy the physical stuff anyway, and often albums are released digitally before the physical copies nowadays anyway. Not sure this is the best decision. But maybe this is why I don't run a record label... :|