New Andy Bell LP / Single

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

New Andy Bell LP / Single

Post by TheWarmth »

https://andybell.bandcamp.com/album/something-like-love

Andy Bell (Ride) has a new album coming out next month and released a beautiful single today with . This should appeal to some here. The b-side is a Ray Davies cover.
stegraham
Known user

Re: New Andy Bell LP / Single

Post by stegraham »

I really enjoyed the first album, and the "remix" version too, so I've pre-ordered this second one straight away. Looking forward to it. Some tidy releases already announced for 2022.

Ste
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

That's Vapour Trail isn't it? :wink:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

it's a big too indie songwritery for me. I actually think Andy is a really good songwriter of traditional songs, but he's at his best when it's mixed up with some trippiness like the first solo album.
looking forward to this though, I am sure there will be enough in a double album to be getting on with
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

I got the new Andy Bell album yesterday (signed and everything - thanks Sonic Cathedral!) , and listened to it twice. I like it! It's long 'un - 18 tracks and clocking in at just over 77 mins long. Got a nice laid back vibe. I'm liking both of his solo efforts better than the last Ride record. There's one track with some chipmunk/pinkie & perkie type vocals, which is actually a decent tune until they start - not sure why he decided to do that!? Apart from that 30-60 seconds it's a great album - recommended!
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Signed? Did you get the gold version on bandcamp?
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

I just got the bog standard CD from the bandcamp page. I didn't expect it to be signed TBH!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I bought the gold version from Bandcamp. It was insanely expensive with overseas shipping. I think it came out to $75 or so. I have listened via streaming a bunch and really have been digging it.