Nice Guitar World Feature

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Nice Guitar World Feature

Post by clewsr »

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/sp ... son-pierce

I didn't know / had forgotten Jason has history of guitar smashing. A whole US tour!
BessieBoporBach
Known user

Re: Nice Guitar World Feature

Post by BessieBoporBach »

clewsr wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:24 pm https://www.guitarworld.com/features/sp ... son-pierce

I didn't know / had forgotten Jason has history of guitar smashing. A whole US tour!
It is kind of funny how modest Jason is about his abilities on guitar, and the author of the piece goes along with it. You'd never know from this article that he played lead guitar, including solos, in Spacemen 3. Going by the article, you'd think all he ever did was play D and G chords.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Totally. He's so evasive about his guitar playing and the equipment he uses in that interview that he ends up discussing smashing guitars. Does anyone remember him doing this on stage? Didn't think fender Thinlines were the easiest/cheapest guitars to find replacements for :lol:

But yeah, definitely underrated. His slide playing on Soul 1 is beautiful. The perfect blues bending on Lord Can You Hear Me? the full-on noise on any track you care to wish. He covers so much ground.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Yeah Jason seems very self deprecating about his guitar playing but he's pretty accomplished. He's said before that he never really practices which i find hard to believe.

Doggen is the real guitar hero in the band for me though. I would love to read an in depth interview with him about his playing. When you see what he is capable of, you might even argue that the band don't always get to show what he can do when truly unleashed.

This interview also reminded me about the Vox Invader that J mentions. I happened to reread the recent interview in Uncut and he mentions he bought it from Mexico during lockdown. So it must have just been used in the studio thus far.
Its also been spotted at recent gigs on the guitar rack but has anyone spotted J actually use it yet?