Amazing Grace EPs

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

rbuk20
Known user

Amazing Grace EPs

Post by rbuk20 »

Has anyone compared the sound Amazing Grace EPs to the LP? I’ve been toying with picking up the box set and looking for a reason to feed my collector habit. I have the US version of the vinyl and CD, so I know what the adult thing to do is but…
Thank you
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Amazing Grace EPs

Post by BzaInSpace »

rbuk20 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:51 pm Has anyone compared the sound Amazing Grace EPs to the LP? I’ve been toying with picking up the box set and looking for a reason to feed my collector habit. I have the US version of the vinyl and CD, so I know what the adult thing to do is but…
Thank you
They’re recorded on 45rpm for one thing so you get that deeper, fatter sound. Back when there wasn’t endless wait to get a vinyl album produced at a pressing plant.
O P 8
rbuk20
Known user

Re: Amazing Grace EPs

Post by rbuk20 »

Thank you for the information. Buying the set has always been on my list but I’ve waited too long and the prices have gone way up to $100 w/ shipping from the UK. I thought I’d found all 3 EPs for $50 but then the seller said that they had been sold “a long time ago”. Of course this made me need the set even more. I really need a US seller wanting to unload the albums. We shall see.