Ladies and Gents at 25

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Ladies and Gents at 25

Post by clewsr »

clewsr
Known user

Re: Ladies and Gents at 25

Post by clewsr »

angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Thanks for sharing these. very dubious about the theory that the opening dialogue snippet comes from Kate's 'rejection voicemail'. That makes so sense whatsoever. Never heard anyone say that.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

What's interesting is that Ladies and Gents was release 25 years after to the date of Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust. Yesterday was 25 years of LAG and 50 of Ziggy!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

angel-sighs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:47 pm Thanks for sharing these. very dubious about the theory that the opening dialogue snippet comes from Kate's 'rejection voicemail'. That makes so sense whatsoever. Never heard anyone say that.
I’ve gotta say first that I assumed the 25th anniversary was a few weeks back… I blame time dilation or something.

There’s so much nonsense in both of those of those articles that they’re actually frustrating to read. Not only do they retread tired and worn clichés, that thing about the rejection voicemail is just absurd. (A quick play of the initial ‘as required’ tracks from the deluxe set from 2009 says it all).

And also, has anyone ever considered Spiritualized to be ‘post-rock’?

Gimme a break
O P 8
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Thanks for sharing these. very dubious about the theory that the opening dialogue snippet comes from Kate's 'rejection voicemail'. That makes so sense whatsoever. Never heard anyone say that.
I'm sure I read Kate went out and phoned the line in from a pay phone and did multiple takes.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Agreed, I also thought the bit about Kate was bollocks.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

PopeJez wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:31 am
I'm sure I read Kate went out and phoned the line in from a pay phone and did multiple takes.
There are several versions on the 3CD reissue.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk