Current Tour

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Eric's Trip
New user

Current Tour

Post by Eric's Trip »

I'm seeing Spiritualized on 30th January at Reading Uni and was wondering if anyone knows who's supporting? Also, have they been playing all 'Amazing Grace' stuff? I saw a post which said they played 'Walking With Jesus'. Which was nice.
Cheers
Mark
unkle_karl
Known user

Post by unkle_karl »

I think it's the Raveonettes supporting....and not sure about the setlist, but even on the last uk tour when the set was mainly AG, they still played Walkin With Jesus, Come Together, and a few others (Run was a surprise). I read that as the tour went over to the states more oldies were reintroduced. I wouldn't worry - I thought the new stuff sounded great live.
Eric's Trip
New user

re

Post by Eric's Trip »

OK, cool, cheers. I was curious because I haven't got 'Amazing Grace' yet and was hoping that i'd still enjoy it rather than being puzzled all the way through. I haven't seen them live yet so it's all very exciting!
Mark
cheaps
New user

Post by cheaps »

I saw them in Boston (last October) early on in the tour and it was very AG oriented (or orientated if you prefer). I have to say I did not enjoy the "quiet" songs all that much, partly due to some bastard talking behind me, but also because those songs just do not seem very exciting live.

Although I do not like AG as much as earlier albums, I do find that it grows on you after 3 or 4 listenings, and personally I prefer to have heard stuff beforehand to enjoy a live show to the max.

Suggest you listen to the KEXP Seattle session/interview MP3, which has good versions of some of the songs on AG. Here is the URL: http://www.cynicsonline.com/mp3/