The Complete Discography

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ben crook
Known user

The Complete Discography

Post by ben crook »

Just so to avoid looking like a complete dunce when the full site goes live next week...

...Does anyone have a complete and up-to-date discography I can cross-check with? I'm sure someone can help me out. It would be great to have the definitive thing up next week with artwork for all to see.

I think I've got everything, including fan club only releases, promos and the 12'' of amazing grace / peace on earth with the blue cover, including release dates and formats.

Private message preferable, but it might be interesting to see what you think is the rarest Spz release... We're gonna be putting up some super duper rare stuff in the new shop when it goes live, stuff not seen on this earth before. Rocking Horse shit if you will, and for a decent price. Those of you signed up will of course recieve first dibs...

Thanks a million

Ben
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Chris Barrus' site used to have the best discog but I don't think its up anymore.

I'm always intrugued when 'fan club' releases are mentioned. The term was banded about as long as 10 years ago. I've still never seen any application to join or any other documentation about it. Does it actually exist?

As for rarities I'd say the 100 only clear blister pack of all 12 LAGWAFIS is a candidate for the rarest. There are rumours of a red sleeved Jap edition but I know no one who has seen it. And people sometimes refer to a Phonographic Industry award edition (or something) of LAGWAFIS with the Elvis version of the title track as part of the 12 CD set. But again I don't anyone who's got one.

Throw these in:
Anyway That You Want Me Remix
Feel So Sad 7" promo
Smiles clear flexi
Let It Flow triple CD pack
Fierce single
Fucked Up Inside (CD and LP seem to waver in value)
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

also the LGM lp with the bonus 7" and the abbey road pinkpop edition.

ben, you should ask jason about the red version of lagwafis if you can - i saw it for sale some years back on the web, seller claimed it was japanese version. it was a single cd, but in the pill/foil packaging. when i tried to buy it he disappeared, so maybe it was a scam...
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Is anyone else tired of Spz policy or rare releases? I've been a fan from the start but this is getting dull. The limited Cheapster single is a good example. I managed to order it - and got 2 copies for some reason - but other people wouldn't have managed to get it. Why? I can't see it's in anyones best interest? The only people who gain are those that buy it with the express purpose of selling it on.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote: Throw these in:
Anyway That You Want Me Remix
Feel So Sad 7" promo
Smiles clear flexi
Let It Flow triple CD pack
Fierce single
Fucked Up Inside (CD and LP seem to waver in value)
Runcible, I'm shocked! How could you forget the 'original' LGM Jap CD, surely harder to come by than most if not all of the above!
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

runcible wrote:Chris Barrus' site used to have the best discog but I don't think its up anymore.
That was a great site. With a great discography. And here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/200307241358 ... raphy.html

Peace.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

From Chris' site:
Lay Back In The Sun [single]
7"/CD BMG/Dedicated 74321 31178 2
Track Listing:

Lay Back In The Sun 3:45
The Slide Song 3:55
Spread Your Wings (instrumental) 6:18
Lay Back In The Sun (instrumental) 5:56

The 7" version of this only has the two different mixes of "Lay Back In The Sun". Both versions were rumored to be limited to 1000 copies. Supposedly only released in continental Europe.
I'm sure this has been gone over before, but does a 7" actually exist to Lay Back in the Sun?

I have essentailly everthing else on Chris' site but I have never seen this for sale. I'm sure someone here could verify. Anyways, the hardest things for me to have tracked down were the Feel so Sad promo 7" and the Broken Heart instrumental.

-bambam
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Would you be able to put Spz remixes of other artists, and Jason's guest appearances, in the discography? There's not many (I think):

- X Files remix, I'm sure you've already got listed.
- LFO - Tied Up (Spiritualized Electric Mainline Remix)
- Dr John - ??? (Jason Pierce remix) - appeared on a nme freebie??
- 22-20s - Such A Fool (Spiritualized Remix)

- Jason appears on Dr John's 'Anutha Zone' album
- Jason appears on Spring Heel Jack's 'Amassed'.

Any others?
10ent
Known user

Post by 10ent »

Was the luminous Pure Phase box quite rare? It seems to be worth a few quid (although i wouldn't sell mine) on various sites.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

DUB TOGETHER ON CD.

i cherrish my vinyl version but it still doesn't fit in my car stereo.

xxxshonnxxx
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Thats nice to see, me and my b/f are combining collections, and some dupliactes we have are going up for sale, fierce single being one of them, i picked mine up in edinburgh for about £2. Its all going to fund our journey to the green man (after last years glastonbury fiasco i thin i deserve a good time away!).
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Aaaaaaaaah! Be careful combining record collections!!!! Oh, just thinking of it strikes fear in my heart. Get a ring on your finger and a prenup saying that in case of a divorce, YOU get the one copy left! Oh man, have I been burnt doing this... sorry, I don't know you from Adam, just be careful!
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

There's no such thing as the red L&GM japanese version, I have today been informed by the most reliable source.

Ben
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Phew, Spaceline, myself and BVCP206 can sleep in peace...
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

The Jig wrote:Didn't Transglobal Underground (or someone similar) do a version of Electric Mainline (or another song.)......I've only seen it on eBay just the once.......Went for a fair few quid too.
Global Communication "Maiden Voyage" ep - see

http://www.outerbass.com/resonance/spirit/story.html

for more info.

Pete
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Parlophone - A Flavour of the Label (NME freebie in jiffy bag, 1998)

1. Beastie Boys Intergalatic (Prisoners Of Technology mix/tms1 remix) 5:37
2. Bentley Rhythm Aces Madam, Your Carriage Awaits 4:01
3. Mansun Television 8:23
4. Idlewild 4 People Do Good 2:00
5. Dr. John John Girls (j.spaceman mix) 5:21
6. Neil Finn Twisty Bass 5:11
7. Sparklehorse Hundreds Of Sparrows 2:30
8. Liz Horsman This Is Blue 4:24
9. The Supernaturals Country Music 3:02
10. The Dandy Warhols Hard On For Jesus 4:38
11. Sean Lennon Spaceship 4:17
12. Cecil Larger Than A Mountain To The Ant (mantronik anthill radio formula) 3:51
13. Bran Van 3000 Forest 3:46
14. K-Klass Live It Up (Perpetual Motion Remix) 7:20

BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

ben crook wrote:There's no such thing as the red L&GM japanese version, I have today been informed by the most reliable source.

Ben
Yes many thanks Ben, I can sleep easier :!:

Any chance you can clear up the Lay Back In The Sun 4 track 7". I'm 99.9 % certain this does not exist but these things just nag away at me.
telepathist
Known user

Post by telepathist »

I too have that nme free cd Jebus, and the Dr John/JP track is marvellous!
My missus has a copy of 'Smile/Sway' 12" - I dont know if this is particularly rare, but if it is and somebody wants to offer me a small fortune for it il listen.
Others in my possession that may/may not be especially rare are;
Spz 'The Abbey Road EP' - Come Together, Broken Heart, Broken Heart instrumental.
(The Stone Roses 'Begging You' white label promo copy.)

Not all that exciting or wonderfully impressive i guess, but thanks for listening..
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

It's probably not the rarest, but my still shrinkwrapped copy of Lazer Guided... in the old US 'long box' format is my personal favourite from my collection.

That and a framed version of the 12x3 Let it Come Down bas-relief faces that was issued as a record store promo.

The rarest things around are probably old white label test pressings of some of the early singles/12"s I would reckon???
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

i would have thought the Smiles flexi would have been the rarest... i've only seen one of them ever and it went for funny money on eBay...
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

I picked the Smiles flexi up for next to nothing.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

thanks Fuzzy... makes me feel so much better! :cry: :D