Old Spz gig on BBC 6 tonight

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Fuzzhead
Known user

Old Spz gig on BBC 6 tonight

Post by Fuzzhead »

BBC 6 Digital Radio station are playing some live archive Spiritualized stuff, sometime between 10pm -12am tonight.

Not sure which tracks but check their site out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/music/dream_ticket.shtml#
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Did anyone catch this? What show was it?
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

didn't hear it - still haven't, but if you click on the link the other guy gave, there is a 'listen again' button...you usually need real player for bbc stuff, and the links for listen again usually disappear after a week, but if you pulled your finger out...
It's all happening!
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

It's the Meltdown Festival, 1/7/98. Playlist is below - note that 'I think I'm in love' was not the last song played that night. More importantly, this broadcast includes 01 and 02 which were missing from John Peel's live broadcast that night.

Great gig, though - one of their best live recordings.

Direct link is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/dreamticket_tue.rpm

Spiritualized start at the 1hour 2min mark.

01 Oh, Happy Day
02 Shine A Light
03 Electric Mainline
04 Electricity
05 Home Of The Brave / The Individual
06 Ladies And Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space (incl. Can't Help Falling In Love)
07 Lord, Can You Hear Me
08 Come Together
09 I Think I'm In Love
david109
New user

Post by david109 »

Good Lord ... sweet Jebus .... what a find! That's something of a coup, I thought I'd never hear the intro songs from that night. It's a fantastic show too, one of the best from the Sean Cook, Mike Mooney et al set up I'd say. Now has any old wise internet-sage got a copy of Total Recorder to do the business with this digital-quality recording?
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

I recorded the original Peel broadcast of this show onto minidisc back in '97. I'm planning on getting it out via BitTorrent in the next few days. It's about 74 minutes in length and i'm pretty sure it's the complete show minus the 20 minute jam with Sonic Youth. :)
if any one who doesn't have cable/dsl and wants a copy for trade, leave me a pm.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

very cool, i've acquired more than a few copies of the meltdown gig over the years and i've never seen a copy that has the entire gig(mine always begin with electric mainline). if you are going to bit torrent your copy i've got the sonic youth jam and i can send you a wav of it if you'd like to include that with your show.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

I've recorded the Real Audio stream of the first two songs. It's around 12.20 in length, and 129mb WAV. I could encode it into mp3 and upload it somewhere, if people like.

Peel's broadcast begins right at the beginning of Electric Mainline. If I made an mp3 of the first two songs, you could add it to the Peel-sourced mp3s and have a nice concert. The only problem would be Peel's spoken intro interrupting the flow. Any thoughts?
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

hey Spaceline and Jebus Sabes. I'm listening to my minidisc of this show right now and unfortunately it doesn't start with Oh, Happy Day and Shine A Light. To be honest they've been gathering dust for 5 years since my deck crapped out. I must have got the track listing mixed up with the Garage XFM broadcast :oops:
we should definately get all 3 sources together and do both an lossless and mp3 version. Does anyone else have the Peel broadcast in lossless format? I only ask cos my recording has some very slight FM interference for a minute or two. hardly noticeable but there all the same. also it might not be the best signal ya know?
love that wigged out version of Electricity!
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

i can email someone an mp3 to compare if necessary. it does sound bloody good though! :)