Missing video's??

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

neonsleep
Known user

Missing video's??

Post by neonsleep »

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this or anything but how come the video section in the new site doesn't have the video's for 'Come Together' or 'She kissed me'

Just wondering coz I don't know of a DVD with all the Spiritualized vids on, so I'm not sure which songs had video's to them but i've seen the 2 i mentioned online. Anyone know if they're planning on releasing a vid collection??
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

A 4-disc dvd box set would be the go, I reckon.

Disc 1: Videos + tv spots
Disc 2: Glastonbury 1992 + 2004
Disc 3: Live at RAH
Disc 4: Other live miscellany

That would make me very happy indeed.
spcmn mthr fckr
Known user

Post by spcmn mthr fckr »

i was thinkin about em doin a DVD last night when i was watchin a collection of Spiritualized vids i got off here ages ago.

a collection of videos, live performances, maybe some interviews/documentary type things. would be quality!
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

come together..
Was that the one with J. as a criminal in orange prison clothes?
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Yep. Hardly the most inspiring clip doing the rounds at the time... But still, it does the job. You can get a copy on the Electricity dvd, which (I now know) is fairly easy to get a hold of.
ben crook
Known user

Post by ben crook »

We are presently missing a few videos, but we'll be putting them up as the site builds. The observant ones amongst you may have noticed we're missing the following promos

Let It Flow
Electricty
Come Together
She Kissed Me (It Felt Like A Hit)

We'll hopefully have some Sage footage up soon too.

As for the DVD, good things come to those who wait...

ben
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Love your work :)
Supervim
Known user

Post by Supervim »

I reckon you could do a dvd box set just of the glasto's 92/93/94/98/ especially, but just clips from the 2002 and 2004 performances. They really should commit something to official disk because the days of white out strobe heaven are all but gone and the world needs to know just how fantastic it was. 8)
Supervim
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

ben

i've got the let it flow promo somewhere, should you get stuck .

i'm sure there was one for medication, but i could well be wrong, it was so long ago after all.

channel 4 should have videos of the spiritualized sets of 1993 and 1994.

i think 1994 is the only occasion where ive sen kevin cowen (darkside) in the band. they definitley broadcast part of take your time live in 1994.
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

i haven't seen the medication video. is it from a live recording (like run video), or something else?

also, i'm sure that they have a video in which jason is sitting near kate and singing. is it medication vid?
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

From the deep merky corners of my memory I think Medication got played on the Chart Show at the time it was release, and IIRC involved the band sat in the open top car a la the pic on the single's sleeve with the camara passing over them numerous times. Mr Spacemen lip sync-ed and everybody else looked moody.
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

i'm losing my mind! :P i see a vid, jason was sitting and kate was near him. he was singing with a strange outfit. which one was that????!!!!

i've been trying to find it for months but i gave up finally...

it's not lay back in the sun. they don't have a vid for this song i guess.

so what was it?! if someone saw this, please tell me what the song was.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

slim wrote:From the deep merky corners of my memory I think Medication got played on the Chart Show at the time it was release, and IIRC involved the band sat in the open top car a la the pic on the single's sleeve with the camara passing over them numerous times. Mr Spacemen lip sync-ed and everybody else looked moody.

they did, my memory clears when provoked from the coventryite.

i seem to remember the nme interview in which they all said they hated the sleeve photo, thought it all made them look like grumpy bastards who were constipated.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I've actually got the Ch4 Glasto highlights programme from 1994 featuring Spiritualized on video - just discovered it last week while looking for something else.

Unfortunately they cut the end of the track off and it's back to Mark and Lard arseing about instead - as was typical of those Ch4 programmes back then...Spz looked great though...
stimey
Known user

Post by stimey »

wasn't there a bit on the Electricity DVD where J was interviewed around the time of RAH that hinted it would be a proper video release at some point? maybe i'm part of the collective delusion...

i'd love to own such though

surely a spiritualized concert vid from any period couldn't be anymore contrived than suede's love and poison. what a mockery.

i still won't sell my vhs of it. my wife thinks i have a crush on brett. i thought you were suppposed to, circa '93.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

The German TV company Viva filmed a performance at the Live Music hall in Cologne in February 2002. They used clips to bookend an interview in which the spaceman allegedly annoyed the interviewer (or the other way round, I just heard about it). This is still the best show of the fifteen or so I've been to over the past few years. It would be great if someone could get hold of it.
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

stimey wrote:wasn't there a bit on the Electricity DVD where J was interviewed around the time of RAH that hinted it would be a proper video release at some point? maybe i'm part of the collective delusion...
Don't think you're deluded there - I was also very definitely of the impression that the RAH shows were professionally recorded. Some of the live clips from the DVD look like they could be from those shows, and indeed, it's implied that they are (from memory there's also some Glasto footage... maybe?) Whether they ever see the light of day is another thing...

There's also that footage that has been floating about the web from a recent (I think) Canadian show. Never managed to properly download that one, but it was in a fairly small format anyway. Surely the tv station (or whoever it was) that originally recorded it would have the original tapes...
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

There was also a documentary about the making of LICD somewhere, wasn't there? (I remember seeing it online, it was pretty cool.) A DVD box would be very choice indeed... :shock:
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

Greeny wrote:I've actually got the Ch4 Glasto highlights programme from 1994 featuring Spiritualized on video - just discovered it last week while looking for something else.

Unfortunately they cut the end of the track off and it's back to Mark and Lard arseing about instead - as was typical of those Ch4 programmes back then...Spz looked great though...
its not very good whatsoever, only a quick snip of take your time, whilst they wait for someone dire to reappear. all i remember is it was very blueand seeing jason sink, then kevin cowan appears and i remember thinking `hang on, that isnt mark refoy` and then it ends.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

i have a whole bundle of Spz vids including medication and let it flow... all pretty good quality (medication one looks a bit grainy though) if they are needed. Also have various Jool's appearances (Broken Heart is particularly beautiful!) on my PC.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

hey lazarus dear boy......can you guess whats coming? .....
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Heh, I bet I can.

I think it's about time I got around to adding him to my soulseek list...
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

i found "let it flow", "anyway that you want me", "she kissed me (it felt like a hit)" , "out of sight" and "do it all over again" videos on emule.

still searching "medication" and "run"...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Soulseek users:
Add me as Laz69 (or is it laz69???... well its one of them!)

Feel free...
nonk21
Known user

Post by nonk21 »

good times wrote:i'm losing my mind! :P i see a vid, jason was sitting and kate was near him. he was singing with a strange outfit. which one was that????!!!!

i've been trying to find it for months but i gave up finally...
Hmm yes, I remember another thread speaking of this video. I think it might've been an alternate video for Medication but don't quote me on that. I'm sure some searching on the threads might turn up an answer. ;)

~ Matt
Life sure is Weird, but what else have I to Know?