what to look forward to?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Jimmy G
New user

what to look forward to?

Post by Jimmy G »

Hi this is my first post - so be gentle. Does any-one else agree that although Amazing Grace was a classy record, it would be great to hear the band once more venture out into the more experimental direction instead of concentrating on good ole raw rock n roll?

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the stuff and live it was fucking white hot. I also realise that the point of the last record was to draw back from over-production, but its the VASTNESS of the older albums that first drew me to the band.

I also think that in a kinda similar way Primal Scream should do the same - sidestep the MC5 a wee bit and re-embrace the funk!
medication for the soul
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i thought the last scream lp was pretty far out ...
'deep hit' is the most insane song i've heard for a while, the most insane track one on an album ... there's noises (that i wholly attribute to kevin shields) that sound like electronic crickets, chirping. even the softer stuff like space blues #2 was pretty unerring and different.

i always think my desire to hear bands branch out experimentally's just a lazy wish to satisfy my desire for more stuff ... i want to hear kevin shields cut loose and just make noise without structure just because it sounds good, but he sounds as good when it's on a real song - i only said or sugar or whatever. with spiritualized there's times, most recently rated x, i guess, when they've done something a little experimental, while doing a song ... listen to the kind of glide (shudder) guitars on slide song, sometimes you can get experimental stuff with ... you know, song-type songs. rock n roll type songs (like accelerator!).
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

'lord is my shotgun' is just a sonic blast! i think the scream did quite well with branching out on the last album.

and from what i've read, and heard, the new album should stay on track.

AND NO, the scream do not need to side step the MC5, thats a great influence and they should continue it.

xxxshonnxxx