Four-Tet bit-torrent

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

feetsies
Known user

Four-Tet bit-torrent

Post by feetsies »

My friend turned me onto this guy. He used to be in Fridge I believe. He's amazing live, from what I read. Check em out if you are into repetitive elegant and original riffs in IDM format. I heard he takes people from the audience and samples their heart beat and uses it, LIVE! ON STAGE! ;) I haven't checked this out yet because I am at work, but it should be worth a listen:

http://www.ezrpm.com/article/82/
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i saw him support radiohead. he stood behind his two laptops, waved to the crowd after he'd finished and that was it. coulda been playing solitaire or championship manager for all i know. tunes worked well live though. he is ok, not great. rounds was maybe great.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

Rounds is the only album I've heard so far and thought it was pretty great. If that was his peak, what a shame! I'm still looking forward to getting the torrents when I get home. :P

Edit: Oh yeah, I just watched the video dvd for Rounds.. really awesome stuff.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i dunno if it was his peak. everything ecstactic is really good too and he has a long career still ahead of him, all being well.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

out of curiosity, did anyone buy everything ecstatic on vinyl? it was double, with the album on cd, and the cd booklet, enclosed, for fifteen pounds ... which is pretty good.

i've only got rounds, but might pick up pause sooner or later (assuming that's the one with the nice blurry photo sleeve) ... the domino website's great for pretty cheap vinyl with freebies.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Four Tet is touring UK in October/November, with Explosions in the Sky / Kid Koala:
http://www.fourtet.net/site/site.php
ebbsandflows
Known user

Post by ebbsandflows »

ooooooohhh, that sounds very good indeed. Just got into explosions . . . kid koala always entertaining. Fourtet never disappointed. mmmmmm