BJM - Hey Runcible!!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

stodmeister
Known user

BJM - Hey Runcible!!

Post by stodmeister »

Don't know whether yo have red this but some b***** have stolen BJM's van and all their guitars and amps while they were in New York

Anton , Ricky and all the rest of the guys will be gutted. Their guitars and amps are(were) classics.

I'm over in California and was hoping to go see Ricky but looks like they may be stuck in New York.
DJ Sulkykid
Known user

Post by DJ Sulkykid »

ain't life a bitch ?
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

lousy that their equipment was stolen.

but if i can complain for a moment...

i saw one of those nyc shows. inexcusably awful. i was just browsing the bjm boards (which might even be bitchier than this one), and i have to say that the rather vicious criticisms of anton and his behavior are totally justified. i was at northsix and was embarrassed for the guy. having seen them many times in the past, this was an enraging low. i'm sick of listening to all the apologists go on about how he's an "artist" and how none of this is ever his fault. THESE people are the sheep and the losers...how much shit are they going to eat until they've had enough?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I saw the stuff about the theft and its tragic. I always stood in awe at the incredible guitar collection on show at the gigs I saw.

Maybe I'm alone but Anton has always been charming when I've met him and I've not seen any bad behaviour at the gigs I attended. That's not to say it hasn't happened - his reputation is a dserved one I'm told. Dig! backs that up too.
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

maybe that's why i'm so pissed off and disappointed now. i have had several good interactions with him over the years, and he was even nice enough to get me into a sold-out show about 5 years ago. but he has also been an extreme dick to me, and his behavior onstage last weekend turned me off to the point that i'm not sure i'll be attending any more shows. people can say that he's being "real" or "rock and roll" all they want, but i just don't get my jollies watching a messed-up egomaniac scream at everyone around him. might've been more exciting when i was 16; i guess i've just progressed past that whole jim morrison/self-styled tortured artiste thing. he talks big about his music, so WHY NOT ACTUALLY PLAY SOME WHEN YOU'RE DOING A CONCERT?? i've been a fan for years, but that doesn't mean i can't call bullshit.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:I saw the stuff about the theft and its tragic. I always stood in awe at the incredible guitar collection on show at the gigs I saw.

Maybe I'm alone but Anton has always been charming when I've met him and I've not seen any bad behaviour at the gigs I attended. That's not to say it hasn't happened - his reputation is a dserved one I'm told. Dig! backs that up too.
Not from the band at least. Audience can leave a bit to be desired at times though eh Runcible :!:
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

funny thing is, the times i've seen him get pissed off at the audience have been for little things, like someone talking or calling out a song title. even in new york on saturday the crowd never got too hostile. he seems to work himself into a frenzy, baiting the crowd until they start abusing him back, and then he plays the victim and says he can't possibly play until the audience starts respecting him.
stodmeister
Known user

Post by stodmeister »

runcible wrote:I saw the stuff about the theft and its tragic. I always stood in awe at the incredible guitar collection on show at the gigs I saw.

Yeh can't complain about his behaviour with me either any time I've met him and that goes for UK and U.S.

I think we're real lucky in the UK as Anton always seems to behave himself when he's here.The U.S.A. appears to be a whole different proposition .Maybe it's something to do with the band going on stage later than in the UK . Anton tends to get real fuelled up before taking the stage in the U.S.

Still I wouldn't wish this inceident on my worst enemy. Their gear was amazing.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Their gear was amazing

Not such a bad cat after all old Anton.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes