LIVE! TONIGHT! SOLD OUT!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

LIVE! TONIGHT! SOLD OUT!

Post by BzaInSpace »

YEAH!

LORD LET IT RAIN ON ME.

YES.

I have been waiting for so long... Spiritualized playing right in front of me in a tight intimate gig...

I had a dreadful feeling it would be a disappointment... I now feel a sense of elation that 'Amazing Grace' wasn't enjoyed by just me and maybe a few others...

At one point they went straight from 'ANYTHING MORE' into 'LET IT FLOW' ... a big FUCK YOU to those who say the band can't cut it.

The light-show did my head in... there was loads of lasses bopping away...

J Spaceman screamed several times... I never thought I'd see J do the James Brown shit..."OOOOWWW!"...

'TAKE YOUR TIME' got a huge round of applause...it just got louder... felt vindicated for endless times listening to track 3 of LGM all those years... THAT'S why its so damned good..

Liked the bits where the whole band were intently watching Spaceman to see where they would have to go next... I got cheap drinks from a girl I knew behind the bar.... (thank fuck at them prices)

A lot of the gig J and Thighpaulsandra's eyes were closed, so were mine but the strobes took GOOD CARE OF IT.

The very reason I feel the urge to write on these pages has been HIT by a feeling probably similar to that of a metallic tower struck by lightning... maybe....

'OH BABY' !

...suddenly it works, well for me.

Strange for the most uplifting gig i've ever seen they didn't even play 'MEDICATION', 'COME TOGETHER', 'COP SHOOT COP...', 'ON FIRE', '12 STEPS, 'LORD CAN YOU HEAR ME' or even 'THIS LITTLE LIFE OF MINE'...

But you should have heard 'CHEAPSTER'.

Tonight me and my girl are like the figures from the LGM sleeve... only LOOSER.

GET DOWN.

I apologise for crazy hyperbole.

but LORD that was good....
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hey, maybe this should have been in the 'live' pages,

but what a gig.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I agree with a lot of what you said in there Bza. I was in Glasgow but some of they songs you mentioned were great ther too
Fair shout
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

wow bza, reading your post took me back a few months to show i saw with my girl in san diego. i totally agree with you, FUCK ALL OF YOU who think they can't cut it. well said, tell it like it is brother bza!

xxxshonnxxx