kevin shields!!! IN THE NEWS.

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

will this do?
Known user

kevin shields!!! IN THE NEWS.

Post by will this do? »

Hope this works:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=kf1d0j

It's about musician Kevin Shields complaining about noisy neighbours.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

the man makes a good point.

i can relate, my downstairs neighbors are two college girls that just moved in a few months back, and they constantly blast crap techno until the wee hours of the morning. well, i put an end to that, i just put my king tubby collection on with the speakers pointed face down on the floor and cranked it.

they came up and complained that pictures were falling off the wall and i told them that for the past few weeks i have tolerated their crap music, now every time i hear there techno blasting through the floors, they'll know what to expect.

things have been pretty good ever since.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

hahaha, I live in a duplex and my neighbor pounds on the wall when my amp is too loud. I responded by knocking on his door and asking when a good time was to play where it wouldn't bother him. He gave me his work schedule, he works evenings.. so he doesn't hate me anymore. Altho a couple of times I was having my card party and he came and knocked on the door and demanded I shut off the music, pshaw. He said he had to work. I told him I'd turn it down but I wouldn't shut it down. Then he suggested I take the subwoofer off the floor and I did and he doesn't hate me anymore.

Compromise people.. compromise.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

i find if you answer the door in the scud with a pair of tights over your head they very rarely bother you again.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Just turn the music right up.... then you won't hear the door.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

"The worst are Dido remixes"

hahahahahahah
ohh
Known user

Post by ohh »

Kevin Shields is such a sour-puss...or a Bagpuss!
govegan
New user

Post by govegan »

I love the picture in that article. It looks like a promotional shot from some sitcom: Mum, Dad, the 2 kids and Kevin Shields - one big happy family.

Post by Guest »

Kevin Shields is their equivalent of the Fonz :lol:

When is the lazy fucker gonna bring a new record out?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I used to live in a flat where the neighbours could hear you blowing your nose. And they'd complain too. That's partly London where you can't get away from anyone.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere and can have whatever music I choose blaring out at whatever volume I choose at any time I choose. Comets on Fire at with the front door open at 1 a.m. at eyeball vibrating volume can take place without a second thought. Bliss (of a kind).
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Oi!

How the f*ck did D.H. Lawrence know what a dying animal did or did not feel?

What was he, some sort of psychic Dr Doolittle oblivious to the agonies of other animals? A kind of pre-Mengele experimenting snuffing out furry and winged creatures to his own cool and detached judgements?

C*nt.

Post by Guest »

Double C*nt.
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

runcible wrote:...Bliss.
aw man, that does sound like bliss. the worst has got to be hearing violence through the walls. i used to live below a woman who i once over-heard screaming (at her three year old child) ''you stupid f***ing c*nt, you just dropped the baby!'' serious. :(

Post by Guest »

u_nderscore wrote:
runcible wrote:...Bliss.
aw man, that does sound like bliss. the worst has got to be hearing violence through the walls. i used to live below a woman who i once over-heard screaming (at her three year old child) ''you stupid f***ing c*nt, you just dropped the baby!'' serious. :(
that is harsh, just not what you need (or really, the baby!). I lived next door to a right pigging family couple years back - the 8yr old lad would sit at the top of his stairs, and if his mum tried to get past he'd scream at the top of his lungs 'get out my f*cking way or i'm goin' to cut your throat and p*ss down your neck'. Ok, ok, it was kinda amusing at first, but got tedious soon after!!
greatape
Known user

Re: kevin shields!!! IN THE NEWS.

Post by greatape »

will this do? wrote:musician Kevin Shields complaining about noisy neighbours.
:lol: for fifteen minutes solid at 300 decibels
c(. .)o
(-----)