Feel So Sad

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

lake.st.clair
Known user

Feel So Sad

Post by lake.st.clair »

just got complete works vol 1 back.

feel so sad is so fucking good.

all of them.

everyone give 'props' to spzretent for sending me the 1st two lemon jelly albums for christmas.

-matt
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

I like the version on Recurring more. Am I the only one?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Well unless you're talking about the short "reprise" version on recurring, i'm pretty sure it's the same reason on cw1 and recurring... i like having the Feel So Sads together as a suite. I wish J would play it live sometime.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

the peel session version for me
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

jadams501 wrote:Well unless you're talking about the short "reprise" version on recurring, i'm pretty sure it's the same reason on cw1 and recurring... .

its not.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I prefer the two Recurring versions (perhaps Drive/Feel So Sad edges it).
I got Recurring long before hearing the single re-recording (I went from Spiritualized to S3 before hearing the early singles) and was dying to find it for years. After all, if the skeletal versions were that good, what would the full-blown version sound like? I was slightly disappointed when I finally got hold of it. Sure, it's great, but I think it lacks a certain something.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

UUGGHH!!

the main reason i bought CWI was for 'feel so sad' . it's sooooo beautiful. i burned just that onto a cd it's my very special spiritualized e.p. that nobody else has. well sorta.

anyways, i do really like the version on 'recurring' without a doubt thats great , BUT to see what jase did with it is simply wonderful.

so everyone's right! yeah!

xxme
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

Double good, ABN!
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

haha, sorry 'bout that.

xxme
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

The Jig wrote:Here's an early Spz Live recording of Feel So Sad. It's not the best sounding quality you'll hear, but it's still ok.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XD6 ... ZHC0KJ7KA3
i quite like that.....god bless the first sp line up
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

wow, that's great. The feedback scared me shitless though. haha
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Hmm, can someone point out the exact differences between Recurring and CW1? I've only listened side by side once and they seemed substantially similar.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

You're right that the track labeled "7" Single Version" (track 3 on disc 1 of the Complete Works) is basically the same as the Spacemen 3 album version, "Drive/Feel So Sad" - perhaps slightly (imperceptibly, mostly) remixed. But this was an error! The actual Spiritualized 7" single version of "Feel So Sad" does not appear on either Complete Works volume. This was in fact a major grievance that some people had with the release.

So it doesn't count.
Noddy Ashcroft
Known user

Post by Noddy Ashcroft »

The session version is best mixes in all the features of the others

Just got hold of the electricty e.p and how great is that seminal live version of cop shoot cop

i really hope that the new album is out in march and not september cos i dont no bout u but all this shit like kaiser chiefs and bloc party is drivin me mad

we need a band to return who no how 2 drone

speakin of which any news on the sound of new album? i was hopin 4 something similar to live circa 1992, but hav a gut feeling it may b like amazing grace

which is a great album, but prob their weakest ?

Post by Guest »

twentysixdollars wrote:You're right that the track labeled "7" Single Version" (track 3 on disc 1 of the Complete Works) is basically the same as the Spacemen 3 album version, "Drive/Feel So Sad" - perhaps slightly (imperceptibly, mostly) remixed. But this was an error! The actual Spiritualized 7" single version of "Feel So Sad" does not appear on either Complete Works volume. This was in fact a major grievance that some people had with the release.

So it doesn't count.
hehe, they were compiled by a friend of mine, who i like to wind up about the incorrect version of lay back in the sun as well......
ro.

Post by ro. »

The Jig wrote:Here's an early Spz Live recording of Feel So Sad. It's not the best sounding quality you'll hear, but it's still ok.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XD6 ... ZHC0KJ7KA3
:) thanks for that.
Elspeth M Moore
Known user

Post by Elspeth M Moore »

hi, haven't been on here for ages - hello to those I've met at gigs.

Feel so sad just about my favourite ... sigh I need to see spz soon, it's doing me in slowly ... plz if you see a gig e-mail me won't you?

:wink:

elspeth x