guitarloops on soulseek?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bcastle21
Known user

guitarloops on soulseek?

Post by bcastle21 »

well...is it?

Re: guitarloops on soulseek?

Post by Guest »

bcastle21 wrote:well...is it?
please don't...lets start having a little respect for the people who have worked on and for this record.

Post by Guest »

fuck off with your soulseek. you have no soul geek. Don't put it up there please.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:fuck off with your soulseek. you have no soul geek. Don't put it up there please.
Perhaps a tad harsh, but i have to agree
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

if you're willing to pay for it (well worth it in my opinion), you might find it at Downtown Music Gallery in NYC. you can mail order from them. call and ask for bruce, who apparently is expecting to carry it. also, some other places may have it. this info is from john coxon, who emailed me in response to my asking where else it would be available.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Anonymous wrote:fuck off with your soulseek. you have no soul geek. Don't put it up there please.
Then why not sell it online. Its not our fault that technology develops and the music industry is too lazy and/or stupid to keep up.

Post by Guest »

Ocean wrote:
Then why not sell it online. Its not our fault that technology develops and the music industry is too lazy and/or stupid to keep up.
True, but then again it wasn't my fault that that shopkeeper was too lazy and/or stupid to stop me from walking into his shop and robbing them.

What a piggin' stupid thing to say Ocean.

Post by Guest »

You won't get any sympathy from me for the big music rightsholders who complain about p2p. None whatsover, as they're lazy, lazy pigoplists who abuse theyre position and have been ripping off musicians and consumers for years and pushing a bland mcculture down our throats.

The train has left the station and they've been left holding their dicks in the wind wondering why no-one granted them a monopoly (ie DRM and copyright extension) on supply and distribution. Worse still for them they've just begun to realise how Apple and Microsoft can take them apart in the coming few years.

Again I have to ask you, why not actually sell it online and /without/ DRM?

Don't succumb to the paranoia of the Big rightsholders who are only intent on gouging and capturing the market to make more money for themselves, their lawyers, and Elton and Madonna.

Exactly the same kind of logic would have banned C90's/cassette tapes in the 80's (analogue) age and what would have been the result of that? Well I wouldnt have been able to make compilation tapes for one thing, which acted as free promotion for bands and led, and I can testify to this, /to increased album sales/ and more fans. But wait that's copyright infringement right there isn't it? So how many copied albums and compilations do you have in your attic sitting beside your vinyl? P2P didnt seem to hurt the Arctic Monkeys either.

Maybe you'll take some of this on board, maybe you won't, but the train has left the station, and as Neil Young once said; "these CDs they're just a temporary thing". Who's laughing now?

Regards

Ocean

Post by Guest »

I stopped reading that after the first paragraph.
Guitar Loops is on Treader. Not McSony, or coca-Parlophone. Can you imagine any Treader release on a major label?

Post by Guest »

And they're all special. Look at the covers. Evan Parker's has just been rereleased, so if you hold on Spaceman's probably will if there is enough call (which I'm sure there will be) for it. If you wrote to the Head of Sony etc they would never reply. If you email John Coxon he will. Nothing to do with corporates.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I stopped reading that after the first paragraph.
Guitar Loops is on Treader. Not McSony, or coca-Parlophone. Can you imagine any Treader release on a major label?
well said guest, my thoughts exactly. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say anonymous. Pierce, Coxon, etc. AREN'T madonna or elton. As Peter Kember once said on another thread on this forum, 10% of the millions [Madonna or Elton] earn is relatively insignificant, but 10% of the £12-£15000 people like Pierce/Kember are on IS significant. Its criplling. And i'm sorry, p2p DID hurt even the arctic monkeys (which are on a major label which in theory can afford it). Just imagine for a second the crippling effect p2p has on minor/indie labels. And it is THOSE labels which produce the cutting edge, expeimental, boundary-pushing, ground-breaking, exploratory music which is important, vital and crucial to the music scene, not onyl in the UK, but europe, USA, and the rest of the (western) world. Millions upon millions of people hear the artic monkeys every DAY. Thousands, if not just hundreds hear about Treader/Spaceman/etc every YEAR. So either grow up or piss off.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Would someone be so kind as to clarify where is it for sale /right now/ online and physically?

Regards

Ocean

Post by Guest »

Ocean wrote:Would someone be so kind as to clarify where is it for sale /right now/ online and physically?

Regards

Ocean
The only place i know personally (tho i'm somewhat niave on web places and little indie shops in america) is eBay. Couple on the uk based ebay at the moment. Bit pricey, but give it a few weeks, and they won't be able to give them away! Sorry i can't be of any more help mate.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

[quote="Anonymous]Just imagine for a second the crippling effect p2p has on minor/indie labels.[/quote]

you've probably got a point, but think about the additional exposure these labels have benefitted from. There's been many times where I've downloded something out of interest, and then gone on to buy that or a different album from that artist. Bands I might have never made a purchase of otherwise. People still want to Own music. The product, the artwork, even if it is a crappy CD. p2p is just glorified home taping, and that never brought the music industry to its knees.

Post by Guest »

clewsr wrote:
you've probably got a point, but think about the additional exposure these labels have benefitted from. There's been many times where I've downloded something out of interest, and then gone on to buy that or a different album from that artist. Bands I might have never made a purchase of otherwise. People still want to Own music. The product, the artwork, even if it is a crappy CD. p2p is just glorified home taping, and that never brought the music industry to its knees.
good point well made - i just can't help thinking its different now, i mean, taping just seems so minor in comparison. Although, guess there will always be people who want to hold something in their paws, rather than transfer invisible stuff onto a little shiny box. Which leads me to an interesting point. Don't you think that mp3's are the musical convenience of this decade, just like cd's were of the 90's and tapes of the 80's? My theory is that purely because of the convenience, mp3's will do to cd's what cd's did to tapes - i.e. make them obsolete. But what then? What about the people who do want to have something to look at and open and touch and collect? Well, thats where vinyl comes back. I reckon that within 5years, cd's will be as rare as tapes, and the two main media will be mp3's (or probably mp6 by then) and vinyl. Convenience and quality. Vinyl is the future.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Ocean wrote:Would someone be so kind as to clarify where is it for sale /right now/ online and physically?

Regards

Ocean
http://www.downtownmusicgallery.com/Main/

email info@treader.org and ask. i did (around the time of guitarloops release, when i thought i wasn't going to be able to order it through spz website) and john coxon wrote me back. he said DMG would have some and to speak to bruce.
you can mail order from them.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Anonymous wrote: Vinyl is the future.
Standard. Flac a non release, keep the sound better (it's music!).
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

clewsr wrote: I reckon that within 5 years, cd's will be as rare as tapes, and the two main media will be mp3's and vinyl. Convenience and quality. Vinyl is the future.

It's already being done.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-11/04.shtml

http://www.aversion.com/news/news_artic ... ws_id=5750

regards

Ocean
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

Mp3:s will die pretty soon just as it deserves to.
Technology will kill it in a few years since we will be able to have decent cd quality even on the tinyest players.

we will have 50 gb dual layer discs in april.
in five years I suspect it will be 500 gb in a matchbox.
in ten years - your whole music collection under your toenail.

It will all be monatomic blabla magnetic blabla quantum mechanic nanostructures sooner than you think.

so vinyl will probably survive longer than any digital format existing now. :wink:
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

I can't wait till they can implant an Ipod in my frontal lobe. But with my luck there'd be a glitch, and guitarloops would get stuck on repeat, full volume.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i think they should sell DRM'd AAC downloads, hi-bitrate at that.
and offer FLAC for double the price. no cost of media, distro, etc, just the one-time website setup. reach the whole world with your music. those that bought the CDs got the special packaging, that's their bonus.
russg

Post by russg »

appledelphy wrote:It will all be monatomic blabla magnetic blabla quantum mechanic nanostructures sooner than you think.
I wish to god that that was a genuine technical term, and not a piss take. It sounds so anal-y geeky. Brilliant. Absolutely bloody brilliant.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Anonymous wrote:
Convenience and quality. Vinyl is the future.
I sure hope so! I think you are right, maybe cd's wont be around forever. Kind of a depressing thought, given the hundreds I have in my cd rack at home. Bring back Vinyl. with a convenient disk of the digital tracks included. Best of both worlds.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Its all rather depressing when I consider how much I've spent on my CD collection only for technological advances rendering them obsolete (OK I know I'm being slightly premature). I think the ones who stuck with vinyl may have got it right all along. On a side note, aren't they bringing out High Definition DVD soon so not only will my music collection be archaic, my film collection will be too! :cry:
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Ads wrote: On a side note, aren't they bringing out High Definition DVD soon so not only will my music collection be archaic, my film collection will be too! :cry:
Exactly, all those bulky VHS cluttering everywhere, when everyone knows Beetamax was better anyway (another example of corporate behemoths swamping the marketplace with their globe straddeling monopolies!). And so many current DVDs have shite quality sound. Bring back the zoetrope!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

ro wrote:
Ocean wrote:Would someone be so kind as to clarify where is it for sale /right now/ online and physically?

Regards

Ocean
http://www.downtownmusicgallery.com/Main/

email info@treader.org and ask. i did (around the time of guitarloops release, when i thought i wasn't going to be able to order it through spz website) and john coxon wrote me back. he said DMG would have some and to speak to bruce.
you can mail order from them.
hello i just wanted to add to this, as today in my local independent record store, what's on the counter being unpacked but all the treader releases, including one guitarloops.
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

How much will soulseek pay me to download it?

"Vinyl is the future..."
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

They have some more in Treader now if you missed out before, and all the others are still available again. For a while at least.
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

artist: J SPACEMAN
title: Guitar Loops
cat #: TRD006
format: CD
price: n/a

OUT OF STOCK

Am I just looking at the wrong Treader website or something?
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris

Post by Guest »

err, sorry about that...think it's time i got my eyes checked :shock:
twinside
Known user

Post by twinside »

so is someone gonna have the balls to put the fucking thing up on soulseek or what?

save your undergraduate, anachronistic politics for your tutorials at uni, and just give me something to listen to...

i'll buy it if i like it, ok?
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

twinside wrote:so is someone gonna have the balls to put the fucking thing up on soulseek or what?

save your undergraduate, anachronistic politics for your tutorials at uni, and just give me something to listen to...

Don't you have the balls to buy it without listening to it?
twinside
Known user

Post by twinside »

i dont think my balls are the issue here.

i'd just like to hear it, the same way i heard amazing grace before it was available. which i then bought. in the store.

its sold out. and i wanna hear it. now.

(msg me on slsk if u've got it 2 share, username goldberg76)

daniel

Post by Guest »

twinside wrote:so is someone gonna have the balls to put the fucking thing up on soulseek or what?

Someone's bitter that they didn't pass their exams!
You've been thinking of that comment all week haven't you!
I think you've dropped something from your pram.

Post by Guest »

how can you be that much of a c*nt and still be legally classed as a male? Give me...give me...give me...fuck off.

Post by Guest »

twinside wrote:i dont think my balls are the issue here.

i'd just like to hear it, the same way i heard amazing grace before it was available. which i then bought. in the store.

its sold out. and i wanna hear it. now.

(msg me on slsk if u've got it 2 share, username goldberg76)

daniel
Please?

Thank you?

Politeness?

Gratitude?

you bought it?! In a STORE?!! wow, you're my hero.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:

Well it wasn't his balls because they are not the issue here, perhaps they will be next year when they have dropped. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Well it wasn't his balls because they are not the issue here, perhaps they will be next year when they have dropped. :lol:
No, you could be right. However he does say 'I don't think my balls...', so they just might be. It's unclear so far. The fact he has mentioned balls twice; once garishly, the second time with a degree of uncertainty aluding to his own, obviously indicates that 'balls' are very much on his mind.
twinside
Known user

Post by twinside »

this debate has become a little too intellectual for me

guitar loops is now downloaded

dial me up on slsk

goldberg76

i'm happy to share to all

Post by Guest »

twinside wrote:this debate has become a little too intellectual for me

guitar loops is now downloaded

dial me up on slsk

goldberg76

i'm happy to share to all
You've gotta admire his balls! :roll:

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote: obviously indicates that 'balls' are very much on his mind.
perhaps he's harbouring secret homosexual desires about certain male members of this board...

you'll be a lot happier if you just came out of the closet

Post by Guest »

"male members" :lol: