Next SPZ album

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

Runcy?!

let it go MAN!

She was joking o.k.

I have TITS, I am GAY.

so WHAT?!

I will still KICK YOUR ASS!

LEAVE THE GIRL ALONE!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Damn Muscles!
You're stacked!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

haha!!

I have to compete with all these HOT CALIFORNIA CHICKS!
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

runcible wrote:
feetsies wrote:

opinions are like assholes..
You mean that you are only meant to have the one? In your case seems so.

Is your 'asshole' as fucked as your 'opinion'? (or does that sale too close to the word 'faggot' for your liking?)

I'ma butt virgin, don't laff :oops:
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

Muscles wrote:Runcy?!

let it go MAN!

She was joking o.k.

I have TITS, I am GAY.

so WHAT?!

I will still KICK YOUR ASS!

LEAVE THE GIRL ALONE!

awww, muscles to my rescue. what a sweetie. We should definitely get a drink, I go to the golden gopher cuz I work in skid row.. but when I'm not there I like going to the Cat and Fiddle, they have good brit beer on tap.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Polite request - is there any chance you could take this discussion off-board, or into another thread? Everytime a new message is posted in a thread called 'Next Spz album', I'm checking to see if there's any info on the next Spiritualized album. There's now been three pages of unrelated discussion - it's getting a little frustrating.

Just a suggestion from one board member, but it's up to you.
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

so when it is coming out?

september? or summer?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

[quote="Jebus Sabes"]Polite request - is there any chance you could take this discussion off-board, or into another thread? quote]

Not really. These threads take on a life of their own. it seems like you got the thread back on track though.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

When I asked I got this response "I would expect to see the new album within 18 months, the sickness pushed things back a bit ."

As for keeping things on topic, I will start being courteous when I see courtesy. :roll:
-D. H. Lawrence
Courtesy
New user

Post by Courtesy »

Okay I'm here. Chill the fuck out. Hows that?
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

feetsies wrote:When I asked I got this response "I would expect to see the new album within 18 months, the sickness pushed things back a bit ."

As for keeping things on topic, I will start being courteous when I see courtesy. :roll:
you're still ignorant. your mentality is one of the reasons americans look like idiots around the world.

and as for your comment about veiko, at least he can speak and comprehend a foreign langauge. i gurantee you probably don't know more than burrito and taco, ohh wait yeah you do, cerveza.

uugghh.

crawl back away.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Feetsies. I know you dont really mean to hurt anyone on here. Well... I think you don't.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

a beautiful noise wrote:
feetsies wrote:When I asked I got this response "I would expect to see the new album within 18 months, the sickness pushed things back a bit ."

you're still ignorant. your mentality is one of the reasons americans look like idiots around the world.

and as for your comment about veiko, at least he can speak and comprehend a foreign langauge. i gurantee you probably don't know more than burrito and taco, ohh wait yeah you do, cerveza.

uugghh.

crawl back away.

what is this? kindergarten, petty petty petty.. let me know when you take out that stick up your ass. I've been all over the world, and I'm very well liked. I doubt a few posts on a stupid board is gonna change anyone's mind about american diplomacy. My "ignorance" to you is freedom to me. I am a minority, female.. I work in skid row and hear worse words all day everyday. If I chose to be insulted everytime a female is called a bitch, I'd be one uptight idiot lacking in any humor and joy in life. I'mnot going to give power to idiocy, I have the right to use whatever word I want in this context. You people act as if I'm in a gay club using the word in a hateful manner, and if you choose to believe that, then you are the ignorant one, honey. :)
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

ORBITAL wrote:Feetsies. I know you dont really mean to hurt anyone on here. Well... I think you don't.
of course not, it's all in good fun. What does this "banging one out" mean, I want to know!
-D. H. Lawrence
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Cracking one off.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

cracking? That sounds like drugs or violence are involved. :shock:
-D. H. Lawrence
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

If I said 'Slam the ham' would you geddit?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

feetsies wrote: You people act as if I'm in a gay club using the word in a hateful manner
Is there a nice way using that term? gay club or straight? You seem to be the only one who finds the humor in it. I find it hard to believe you just throw out "faggot" like its nothing and no one around you has ever taken you to task for it.

i dont think that the people who have commented as nearly as uptight as you seem to think we are. It's just plain offensive and well....stupid.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

ORBITAL wrote:If I said 'Slam the ham' would you geddit?
I get it now. Soz for being dense, hahah. The clever analogies for masterbation never sease to amaze me.
-D. H. Lawrence
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

feetsies wrote:

what is this? kindergarten, petty petty petty.. let me know when you take out that stick up your ass. I've been all over the world, and I'm very well liked. I doubt a few posts on a stupid board is gonna change anyone's mind about american diplomacy. My "ignorance" to you is freedom to me. I am a minority, female.. I work in skid row and hear worse words all day everyday. If I chose to be insulted everytime a female is called a bitch, I'd be one uptight idiot lacking in any humor and joy in life. I'mnot going to give power to idiocy, I have the right to use whatever word I want in this context. You people act as if I'm in a gay club using the word in a hateful manner, and if you choose to believe that, then you are the ignorant one, honey. :)
I'm amazed to find myself slightly agreeing with you on this point despite my finding your earlier statement not necessarily offensive but more crude and vulgar than anything. However I think women who behave like a bitch might well deserve to be called one - same for prick, cock or wanker. Those 3 aren't really terms people use for women as they are male terms. And if men act like pricks they are going to be called the same.

I believe you are indeed very ignorant if you think people won't react to the word 'faggot' - racists also believe they are free. And no - you don't have 'the right to use whatever word' you want in this context - you really don't. Trying using a racist term with that interpretation here and see how far you get.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

spzretent wrote:
feetsies wrote: You people act as if I'm in a gay club using the word in a hateful manner
Is there a nice way using that term? gay club or straight? You seem to be the only one who finds the humor in it. I find it hard to believe you just throw out "faggot" like its nothing and no one around you has ever taken you to task for it.

i dont think that the people who have commented as nearly as uptight as you seem to think we are. It's just plain offensive and well....stupid.
Yes, there is a nice way, unfortunately, you are too closed off in your own views to see it my way and that's fine. I use the word but my actions and my being is everything that stands against hate. The peopel that know me, know that. I don't expect you to understand in your narrow views, but I do expect you to respect my freedom of speech. Had you not said anythiing the first time I used it, I probably would of forgotten about it and not used it much, but now.. it's fun to use. But you know what, I'll grant you what you guys haven't granted me, and that's courtesy, so I'll stop using it because I don't want to stir any more negativity. It was all in good fun.
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

runcible wrote:
feetsies wrote:

I'm amazed to find myself slightly agreeing with you on this point despite my finding your earlier statement not necessarily offensive but more crude and vulgar than anything. However I think women who behave like a bitch might well deserve to be called one - same for prick, cock or wanker. Those 3 aren't really terms people use for women as they are male terms. And if men act like pricks they are going to be called the same.

I believe you are indeed very ignorant if you think people won't react to the word 'faggot' - racists also believe they are free. And no - you don't have 'the right to use whatever word' you want in this context - you really don't. Trying using a racist term with that interpretation here and see how far you get.
I am not ignorant, I know exactly what I am doing and trying to compare the context of my use of the word faggot, which was a sweeping general statement, to racist epithets is completely off and shortsighted. The context was humor, I wasn't attacking anyone in any specific way, especially not their sexuality, and I qualified the statement as such. If you are too narrow to see that, then it's not my fault that I'm a tad bit smarter. Sorry.
-D. H. Lawrence
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Lets stop all this lunacy anbd just use a generic board friendly word anyone can insert and use freely without offending anyone.

The new word is 'Shrubbery'
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

ORBITAL wrote:Lets stop all this lunacy anbd just use a generic board friendly word anyone can insert and use freely without offending anyone.

The new word is 'Shrubbery'
ahahaha
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

oh and shonn, my first language was spanish. I speak it and write and have a degree in Spanish lit. The only reason I am stating this is so that in the future you refrain from judging and making assumptions. Let's grow from this experience people, hahaha, LOL
-D. H. Lawrence
a beautiful noise
Known user

o.k. let's reasses the situation.

you enjoy and find humor from using homophobic terms.

and you expect people to "understand" who you really are. i don't think you know who you really are.

and i totally disagree with you runci, thats what is destroying society (in a way). people shouldn't be refferred to as a "bitch, cock yadda yadda". it makes for a negative world. don't get me wrong, i'm no singing in the fields hippy, but a bit of respect is maybe whats needed.

it's sending the wrong message. why not start using terms like "chink, wop, spick, and all the others. it's totally disrespectful.

and i can't really believe that feetsies can attempt to defend herself. female, minority, WHATEVER, she would have been better off claiming ignorance, at least that way their is the potential for change and or enlightenment. (not in a new-age-y type, more in an eye opening, lifting off the fog).

sorry if this is going on a bit, but it really irks me. i know i'm yelling in the wind, but maybe ohh maybe it might change one persons opinion here. let's just have some decency. i would safely assume that we would have a few gay friendly visitors here, that would be a horrible reason for someone to turn away from spiritualized. yeah i know i'm reaching here.

just wanted to voice my frustration, time to evolve people.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

a beautiful noise wrote:o.k. let's reasses the situation.

you enjoy and find humor from using homophobic terms.

and you expect people to "understand" who you really are. i don't think you know who you really are.

and i totally disagree with you runci, thats what is destroying society (in a way). people shouldn't be refferred to as a "bitch, cock yadda yadda". it makes for a negative world. don't get me wrong, i'm no singing in the fields hippy, but a bit of respect is maybe whats needed.

it's sending the wrong message. why not start using terms like "chink, wop, spick, and all the others. it's totally disrespectful.

and i can't really believe that feetsies can attempt to defend herself. female, minority, WHATEVER, she would have been better off claiming ignorance, at least that way their is the potential for change and or enlightenment. (not in a new-age-y type, more in an eye opening, lifting off the fog).

sorry if this is going on a bit, but it really irks me. i know i'm yelling in the wind, but maybe ohh maybe it might change one persons opinion here. let's just have some decency. i would safely assume that we would have a few gay friendly visitors here, that would be a horrible reason for someone to turn away from spiritualized. yeah i know i'm reaching here.

just wanted to voice my frustration, time to evolve people.
I don't know myself? But you do. hahaha, how old are you? I'm curious to know how I have been indecent or hurt you in any way shape or form even after apologizing. You have made many assumptions about me that have proven wrong time and again.
The fact that you choose to give words power is your personal problem. Freedom of speech is a powerful thing because it forces you to accept those that are different than you, even racists. I work among them. Yes, I am female, I get harrassed and degraded all day, yes I am a minority and have been called every racist thing in the book. I choose to be light hearted about it because there are more important things. If you look at the big picture, getting a racist and their child out of a homeless situation is beneficial in the long run. If I chose to let hate or short sightedness dominate my reasoning, I would be missing the point. I doubt you have my experiences and for that matter have dealt with people the way I have. You choose to supposedly discredit me even after I apologized which shows your insecurity and pettiness.

edit also the word faggot wasn't a homophobic term, it's how you wish to interpret it. On a side note, they should really remove the word niggardly fromt eh dictionary, lol
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

baz (mark II) wrote:Wait..."feetsies" is a lass?
Shite. There goes all the fun I was getting out of insulting that poster.
soz baz, I still <3 you :]
-D. H. Lawrence
a beautiful noise
Known user

wow, how i misjudged you. all you have to do is say sorry. ohhhh o.k.

that explains everything.

you're right.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

a beautiful noise wrote:wow, how i misjudged you. all you have to do is say sorry. ohhhh o.k.

that explains everything.

you're right.
let's see how you misjudged me: You assumed I was male, then you when you found out I wasn't, you said I didn't know spanish.. all petty and really not relevant. Now you choose to be sarcastic and completely miss the point I have made even when trying to smooth things over when I realized that you don't have a sense of humor. You tell me I don't know myself from a few posts that were in jest, and you choose to judge me when you have no idea who I am. I am pretty sure that your pettiness affords you many friends. Having to explain myself to you for the 20th time kind of defeats the purpose since you've already convicted me in your narrow little mind. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work the way you want it to. People aren't going to stop hating each other and stop being racist or find ways to accept each other and evolve because look at you, you can't seem to accept me. And history has shown that man cannot live without war. You are living in your own reality if you think that people are going to be nice and not use words you object to. It's just not going to happen. I personally have chosen to just accept them and get on with life. Goodluck with your utopia tho. All the best.
-D. H. Lawrence
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

without doubt the worst thread EVER!
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

I found it eye opening. :shrug:
-D. H. Lawrence
a beautiful noise
Known user

you're right about everything. as usual.
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

All shite apart from the posts that i'm in.

In my group of mates we are forever calling each other ' old bastard' and 'daft cunt' but we see these as terms of endearment. Any other Scots on here must have heard this sort of thing. Although I think Feets could have choosen her terms a little wiser I Do kind of see where shes coming from.
Feets....a little more tact

Guys.....a little more insight.

Me.........a little less serious posting
a beautiful noise
Known user

you just don't get it, you fire your mouth off and then spend twenty replies trying to prove why it's o.k. for you to be ignorant.

it's got nowt to do with being sensitive, jesus, it's called have human decency.

you've proven your point, youre used to shoving your foot in yer mouth, now just leave it there.

x
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

a beautiful noise wrote:you just don't get it, you fire your mouth off and then spend twenty replies trying to prove why it's o.k. for you to be ignorant.

it's got nowt to do with being sensitive, jesus, it's called have human decency.

you've proven your point, youre used to shoving your foot in yer mouth, now just leave it there.

x
I'm very educated, sweetie. I'm not ignorant at all. I also deal with lots of politicians, so I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm thoroughly entertained making you look stupid. My responses are cogent and full of truth. You just can't handle the truth :wink:

edit: You can also try responding without anger. Your disdain for me blinds you to the fact that I'm not your enemy and that I have the right to express myself just like you do. I've apologized and tried being reasonable. If all you can do is be insulting, then who is really the ignorant one :]
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

I was most disappointed with Amazing Grace.
Couldn't find the covers of Pull Up To The Bumper or Slave To The Rhythm anywhere. :D

BTW, what do we think of Bagpipes?

(was gonna say "Where do you stand on Bagpipies?" but some Smart Alec would have replied with "Wherever you find them" or "Aberdeen")
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:I was most disappointed with Amazing Grace.
Couldn't find the covers of Pull Up To The Bumper or Slave To The Rhythm anywhere. :D

BTW, what do we think of Bagpipes?

(was gonna say "Where do you stand on Bagpipies?" but some Smart Alec would have replied with "Wherever you find them" or "Aberdeen")
bagpipes are sexy.
-D. H. Lawrence
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

ORBITAL wrote: Me.........a little less serious posting
Hehe, I was just thinking 'what's happened to Orbie's flippant self?' We need your flippancy to illustrate how ludicrous this argument actually is... so please come back and post something totally deflatingly funny and irreverant! :D
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

feetsies wrote:bagpipes are sexy.
Is it the sight of a red-faced Scot in a skirt blowing a pipe whilst fingering another four that turns you on?
If so, I know certain websites that specialise in that kind of thing.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:
feetsies wrote:bagpipes are sexy.
Is it the sight of a red-faced Scot in a skirt blowing a pipe whilst fingering another four that turns you on?
If so, I know certain websites that specialise in that kind of thing.
the blowing.. the fingering.. I refuse to go to websites. We women aren't as visual as you men. We are more, um, mental than visual,. lol
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

feetsies wrote: We are more, um, mental than visual,. lol
Tell me something I don't know!
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

....and how do you know I'm a man and not a fellow sister? (right on!)
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:....and how do you know I'm a man and not a fellow sister? (right on!)
because you suggested websites, hahaha.

are you really scottish? do you talk like the guys in Train Spotting? Those brit accents are something else.
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

“Och! reet ye are, ya wee Radge! Ma real name is Malky Johnson and ‘am from Hoagie.”

I challenge you to ask to someone in LA tomorrow, “Are ye Hibs or Hearts?”
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:“Och! reet ye are, ya wee Radge! Ma real name is Malky Johnson and ‘am from Hoagie.”

I challenge you to ask to someone in LA tomorrow, “Are ye Hibs or Hearts?”
I wouldn't dare, I am horrible at trying to emulate accents other than spanish ones. The U.K. is heaven to me. I plan on moving there and torturing everyone there with the word "faggot" and get punched in the face eventually. :]
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

Nah, in most places in the UK people eat faggots (ask the cookery thread).

Ask them if they are Hibs or Hearts in a Spanish accent then, it'll be even funnier!
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:Nah, in most places in the UK people eat faggots (ask the cookery thread).

Ask them if they are Hibs or Hearts in a Spanish accent then, it'll be even funnier!
ahahah, now i know why "they call you the breeze."
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

I always thought 'Run' was about someone skinning-up on the street and getting chased by the law.

......................................................................................................
I keep rolling down the road
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

The Breeze wrote:I always thought 'Run' was about someone skinning-up on the street and getting chased by the law.
I keep rolling down the road

omg, how embarassing :oops:
see, I thought it was about an illegal immigrant smoking marijuana and getting chased down by la migra. :wink:
-D. H. Lawrence
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

Or it could be about someone really fat and out of breath running the Hershey Highway.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

I've always wanted to ask this of an American;

"So you're from Los Angeles?.....do you know Dave?"
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

hahaha, that'd be awfully cute in a scot accent. ok, I'll stop now. you'll all be happy to hear that I am off now. Good day all. Thank you and good night :wink:
-D. H. Lawrence
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

a beautiful noise wrote:

Hmmm. Of course, shonn, you are the eternal judge. And respect is what is needed - show us how its done. Absolutely right. Of course. How could I have got this so WRONG. Imagine if you'd sunk so low as to use such insulting and disrespectful terms. Perish the thought.

Feb 19th 2004
a beautiful noise wrote:first off, that guy selling the dvds is a prick. i told him he shouldn't be selling those in ther first place. not for the price he is asking, thats just ripping us off. i would not buy a thing off of him. prick.

xxxshonnxxx
Oct 8th 2004
a beautiful noise wrote:yeah, but you cunt, you forgot "Walkin with Jesus" simply brilliant. a song that should be handed down from generation to generation.

xxxshonnxxx
Jan 30th 2005
a beautiful noise wrote:no fucking way!!!!! white lion have a new album.

stupid cunt.
March 26th 2005
a beautiful noise wrote:wow, i thought you were describing yourself. uppty fucking cunt that you are.
August 4th 2005
a beautiful noise wrote:p/s- and yes, $26, these are the types of bands that have the spirit for a revolution, just becuae you've turned into a dusty old cunt doesn't mean you need to piss on everyone else. WHY?
Right. Got it.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

feetsies wrote:

I am not ignorant, I know exactly what I am doing and trying to compare the context of my use of the word faggot, which was a sweeping general statement, to racist epithets is completely off and shortsighted. The context was humor, I wasn't attacking anyone in any specific way, especially not their sexuality, and I qualified the statement as such. If you are too narrow to see that, then it's not my fault that I'm a tad bit smarter. Sorry.
The term blissfully ignorant applies here. I compared your claim to be free with that of other people who come across as prejudiced. The only accurate thing thing you've written here is 'sweeping general statement' - those tend to be wrong. Someone once posted here and used the term 'Chinky' to refer to their local Chinese takeaway. It was a misguided use of a term that's not really acceptable yet was not made in a deliberately racist way. See what kind of reaction it got.

Smart? Yeah, of course. Keep thinking that way and you'll find out soon enough that you've crossed over from being ignorant to being plain stupid.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I'm a faggot and I've not been offended at all. I love all you old bastards and bastardettes. A little peace now kids, ok? For the love of God, Pete is sending my shirt AS WE SPEAK. Doesn't that make everyone feel better. Huh? Come on now, put down the drugs and come give us a hug . . . :oops:
I think I feel it coming on
a beautiful noise
Known user

ouch! hand in the cookie jar.

yeah i'm trying my best.

but yeah i concur, i have let the mouth slip from time to time. do you need me to show you where you have?

but this point is over for me, if purespace is alright with it, so am i.

let it be.

xx
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

oops, the ale again
Last edited by purespace on Thu May 04, 2006 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

yeah, that feels better. :)

listening to the the Staple Singers right now. They always help me out. Right on Shonn.
veep23
Known user

Post by veep23 »

feetsies wrote:are you really scottish? do you talk like the guys in Train Spotting? Those brit accents are something else.
OMG is no one going to even mention that she thinks Brits and Scotts are the same? Get her boys!
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

a beautiful noise wrote:

x
shonn, I think that's why they call her 'feetsies'.

Sorry to drag this into a second day, I missed the end of it last night.
First off, a 'faggot' can also be either a meatball, or a small piece of wood. But I'm pretty sure the bbeeeotch didn't mean that though. And all cookery comments belong in the cookery thread.

Secondly, bagpipes are a much underated instrument, I don't know why people laugh at them. I hope there's a few on the new SPIRITUALIZED RECORD a la 'Mull of Kintire'.

Veep, Scotland IS part of Britain. Scottish people are British, as are the Welsh and Southern Irelanders. They are not, however, English. UK innit. lol.

We all lead stressful lives, and I understand we have to get things off our chest from time to time, the inter-web is anonymous so makes it all the better for some. Feel free to start a 'Catharsis thread' on the other page.

Has everyone seen the video clip on the admissions page? I know it's been there for ages but some of the newer members may not have seen it. Really feeling those handclaps, glad to see thighpaulsandra still on board, can't rate that man highly enough...
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I used to be fed faggots from an early age. Brains Faggots. Lovely with chips and beans.

Bagpipes in popular music - AC/DC - its a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll. Possibly the only time AC/DC have deviated from their guyitars, base and drums approach.

And Duppy, - did you have a sketchy moment? southern Irelanders part of Britain?? Not sure what they would say about that. Geographically speaking perhaps, but Britain as a nation state stops at the Northern Ireland border...
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

[/quote] Secondly, bagpipes are a much underated instrument, I don't know why people laugh at them. [/quote]

here here. everytime I hear them I get teary. They are haunting, mournful and spine tinglingly beautiful.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

but when bagpipes go on too long they just become really annoying.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

If the bag pipes annoy you...try the uilleann pipes. Southern Ireland instrument....beautiful haunting sound not as harsh as tthe bag pipes.

White pudding is lovely aswell fried up n spread on toast...us "backward folk" love it