Heads up: Spiritualized on TV and Teletext 27th Jan (UK)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Ian Goodchild
Known user

Heads up: Spiritualized on TV and Teletext 27th Jan (UK)

Post by Ian Goodchild »

Hey chums,
At 12.00 am (27th) on Channel 4's 'Ear Candy' music show, the two bands playing are The Cure and Spiritualized. I presume this will be a two or three track session, as no other bands are listed and the programme lasts for just 35 mins.

Also, for those of you that read Channel 4's Teletext Service (The Void, p. 351-359) there has been a page of news (p351) about Spiritualized every day this week (I use the word 'news' lightly: story 1 was about why Spiritualized were doing one of the Warchild/Barfly shows in London and story 2 was about how Pierce 'wants to play a gig in the Arctic' - a piece of 'news' he has shared with every interviewer since 1997). There will be a nine page interview with them on Thursday (expect no revelations.... :roll: )
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Ian is that 27th or the 28th? Wed or Thur? You posted on 28th and said it was tonight 27th.
Confused.

And will it clash with footage of Johnny Rotten picking his nose by a campfire?
Ian Goodchild
Known user

Post by Ian Goodchild »

Ian is that 27th or the 28th? Wed or Thur? You posted on 28th and said it was tonight 27th.
Confused.

And will it clash with footage of Johnny Rotten picking his nose by a campfire?

Sorry, Starfish got the date completely arsed up there. The 'Ear Candy' programme is on at 12.00 midnight 'tonight' (so that's like 0.00 on the 29th - Thursday morning, technically). But it's definitely NOT on the 27th. It will also be repeated next Saturday (31st) in case you miss it)

Whether or not it clashes with footage of Johnny Rotten picking his nose, wrestling crocodiles, or having a bowl of giant termites poured into his pants, I really couldn't say. If it coincided with his being beheaded...now, that would be worth watching.

Ann - ARR -Khiiist/anti-christ indeed...the poor sod's more manufactured than the Cheeky Girls....
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

TELETEXT...isn't that the internet for poor people?
It's all happening!
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

I've seen bits of Ear Candy in the past, it'll be one track from The Cure and Spiritualized and lots of Colin Murray arsing about. Usually makes me smile anyway.
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Was that the show I saw where they had the Darkness on, and the caption came up at th ebottom of the screen saying something like "we tried to think of something funny to say about the darkness, but then we saw on the press release that Justin ('s that his name?) gives his age as 26...we couldn't think of anything funnier than that..."

ahhhahaha.

Has anyone seen the teletext on ITV for the football (page 516 for the mighty Saints) - they always have hyperbolic straplines like "Prem Strike Duo Swoop!" or "Teen Sensation to Sign 4 £££s" to make you phone a premium rate phone line...then you go to the Spurs pages and see the same thing. What a load of cock it turns out to be.
It's all happening!
spooks
Known user

Post by spooks »

THE MIGHTY SAINTS, YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH,SEE YOU ON THE 4TH
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Sorry everybody, I seem to have attracted a Skate onto our chat forum (note the inappropriate use of upper-case text, the characteristic confusion between the words "your" and "you're", and the almost touching faith that his team (having been beaten twice this season already by the Red and White machine) stands a chance against SFC in the next fixture.)
It's all happening!
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

Sly you do realise that now you've said that you're going to get a right seeing too your neighbours, don't you!
Coiln2
New user

Post by Coiln2 »

hello, new boy hear. i didnt know they were on ear candy last night, my friend turned over because he doesnt like the cure, bugger, seeing spiritualized tonight for the first time, cant wait, thats why i've joined the forum. i'm also part of the "Flaming Lips" forum but nobody ever talks to me and it gets boring :(
Ian Goodchild
Known user

Ear Candy = dull

Post by Ian Goodchild »

I've seen bits of Ear Candy in the past, it'll be one track from The Cure and Spiritualized and lots of Colin Murray arsing about. Usually makes me smile anyway.
Yep, that's distressingly exactly what it was...lots of 'irreverant' humour (e.g. Murray having drinking contest with humourous Irish musicians then pretending to be sick; Murray wandering around Dublin with a green nappy on etc. etc.) lots of NME crap bands - invariably prefixed with THE - one news story about Spiritualized ('Cheapster' single) and Spiritualized playing out (is there ever a TV music show with Spiritualized on when they don't play out with the end titles? Jools Holland, the NME Brat Awards from 1998, T in the Park 1997, TFI Friday etc.) with a live version of 'Cheapster' (about 2.08 I'd say) which is NOT one of my favourite Spiritualized tracks. But Jason did scream in the middle of the song, with this 'Wiaaaoooowooh!' kind of thing (no, really - I couldn't believe it either).

Bizarrely, the only thing on 'Ear Candy' (apt) I liked was Stellastar's new song. :? Pray for me.
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

thanks for the 'head's up' Ian, now how do I set the video again? :roll:
"Hot damn! Let us rumble, keep going and don't slow down ... lets have a little fun ..."
- Hunter S Thompson
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

8) Sorry Spooks - I just thought you were just being aggressively Pompey, with your 'SEE YOU ON THE 4TH' thing, but now realise that you were referring to a gig near there...like I say, I just come here to chat about music - the fact that Spiritualized are a group with music and records and spacemen an' that is pretty incidental to me, so I didn't connect 'the 4th' wth a gig - I can't go unfortunately, 'cos I live in Kent now (and missed the Folkestone gig - did anyone go? what was that like?).

Sorry again tho', but BTW, :idea: switch off your caps lock mate, it makes you seem ANGRY!
It's all happening!