Pink Floyd is unlistenable. Led Zeppelin is crap, mostly.

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Pink Floyd is unlistenable. Led Zeppelin is crap, mostly.

Post by Guest »

I've heard enough of both of them, I think I've heard every Floyd album.

Zeppelin has their moments with Dire maker and maybe even immigrant song.. but other than that i find mostly pointless guitar work and to put it best.. decisions that they made that do not settle with me (as jack white put it)

Jimmy Paige is so overrated i laugh about it

I mean..

A double guitar thing?

Come on..
I mean, it would be one thing if he used it like.. once.. for shits.

But he used the thing SERIOUSLY.. like he really thought he had past the point where one just wasnt enough.

i heard one was like a twelve string he used for rythym.. even still i hold fast to what i say..

Don't you think he should learn to play one at least half as good as his contempories before he adds in another?

enlighten me.

Post by Guest »

Sam?
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Comedy,

I went to launch of a Jimi Hendrix memorbilia exhibition which Jimmy Page did a little speach at. Was quite amusing, He said that Jimi Died when he showed great promise.

If only he'd finished that tune a day book.....
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

not even a funny wind up
Jig

Re: Pink Floyd is unlistenable. Led Zeppelin is crap, mostl

Post by Jig »

Anonymous wrote:
Zeppelin has their moments with Dire maker and maybe even immigrant song.. but other than that i find mostly pointless guitar work and to put it best.. decisions that they made that do not settle with me (as jack white put it)

Jimmy Paige is so overrated i laugh about it

I mean..

A double guitar thing?

Come on..
I mean, it would be one thing if he used it like.. once.. for shits.

But he used the thing SERIOUSLY.. like he really thought he had past the point where one just wasnt enough.

i heard one was like a twelve string he used for rythym.. even still i hold fast to what i say..

Don't you think he should learn to play one at least half as good as his contempories before he adds in another?

enlighten me.

What a load of crap. Quite possibly the biggest load of crap ever written on here.

Post by Guest »

Sam, is that you?
Sam Salem
Known user

Post by Sam Salem »

Hey, yea it is.

I finally clicked that thing on.
Raph

Post by Raph »

I agree with 'Jig' - what crap.

Post by Guest »

i agree with the original post
Lig jog in next time.

Re: Pink Floyd is unlistenable. Led Zeppelin is crap, mostl

Post by Lig jog in next time. »

Anonymous wrote:

enlighten me.

Ok then, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But can someone tell me who his contempories are ? Not his influences, anyone can copy that from some text, but who his comtemparies are.

Enlighten me, please.

Post by Guest »

wow. hey sorry.

That was actually a typo.

contemporaries.

Lighten up a little on the details? might reduce your overall stress.

Post by Guest »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

woke up now fuck off

Post by Guest »

your pickiness is indicative of the way you use your time

you are not a person i would choose to associate with
ekewebb
Known user

Post by ekewebb »

Come on Sam, don't get your knickers in a twist. Jig asked you what you meant by these contemporaries of Jimmy's that he doesn't/didn't play as well as. No-one gives a shit whether you spelt it wrong, just that it's a statement that needs backing up before you can get away with making it.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

It's a matter of record that he spent the first 5 or so years of his career playing guitar as a session musician on loads of records by bands who already had *competent* guitar players. This would suggest to me that he had something to offer over them, even if it was only the ability to play almost anything required, and get it right first time.

I would suggest that his contemporaries as 'musicians' were people like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck... I'd say he's different to most of them, but at least as good, as if it's possible to judge...

By the time you start thinking of him as the leader of a band (that is, as a complete artist, as opposed to a mere guitar player), you have to compare him to Keith Richards, Pete Townshend... people like that. I'd have thought that most people would conclude that the comparison would be favourable in lots of ways.

Here's a clue about the double neck guitar: it was a gimmick!

One of them was a 12 string, the other 6 string, and he played it on stage for one of their long songs which started off quiet and ended up loud (I guess he used normal guitars in the studio, where they could stop the tape while he changed over...).

I can't believe I replied to this stupid thread.
Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin'
highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' self aggrandizin' willthisdo?
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

will this do? wrote:It's a matter of record that he spent the first 5 or so years of his career playing guitar as a session musician on loads of records by bands who already had *competent* guitar players. This would suggest to me that he had something to offer over them, even if it was only the ability to play almost anything required, and get it right first time.
I would suggest that his contemporaries as 'musicians' were people like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck... I'd say he's different to most of them, but at least as good, as if it's possible to judge.

Here's a clue about the double neck guitar: it was a gimmick!

One of them was a 12 string, the other 6 string, and he played it on stage for one of their long songs which started off quiet and ended up loud (I guess he used normal guitars in the studio, where they could stop the tape while he changed over...).

I can't believe I replied to this stupid thread.
Along with Will, I cannot believe I'm replying to this. But, as the man said, he does want enlightenment, and I am in fact prepared to 'bear with [him]' as he so confidently commanded in his poem.

I agree exactly with what Will said, and I'd also like to expand on it in order to guide Sam further towards the spiritual(ized) plane he obviously seeks.

In those days The Blues was a much bigger influence on the majority of popular artists of the day (Joplin, Stones, Dylan, Hendrix, Clapton etc). I would have thought Sam knew this being such a Jack White fan, but it's obviously just the watered down variety he likes.

The aforementioned axe-weilder in question was no exception. It is Blues tradition that guitarists often had a special relationship with their guitars, often homemade, loads of strings etc. The guitars became famous themselves and had names (BB King's 'Lucile'). Clapton was called 'God' because of his natural affinity to his guitar. And Hendrix obviously needs no explanation, but for Sam's sake, he was a very good guitarist, influenced by The Blues, who played wildly throwing his guitar all over the shop with a flamboyance reminiscent of Albert King's Flying V guitar 'Lucy'. King played his upside down and back to front, Hendrix played with his teeth and set fire to his...
Earl Hooker had a customised Gibson, a double neck combined six and twelve string affair. It was very famous as was he. He was 'the thinking-man's guitarist' (my phrase), and it is on the cover of his Two Bugs and a Roach record. Jimmy Page also liked The Blues. Gimmick/flaymboyance/showmanship, call it what you will.
Now Sam, go and get that Junior Kimbrough record I recommended before.
And as ever, I am interested to know if you have actually heard SPIRITUALIZED and SPACEMEN 3 yet, as you asked what it was before. I'm going to keep asking you this until we get an update.
Apologies if I sound arrogant and misguided but these are my thoughts and I will retain them until proved otherwise.
Also, my spelling is not the issue here.
Do you like Billy Childish?
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"

Post by Guest »

I actually thought he was only getting at me for the spelling..

But if i thought he really wanted to know what i meant, then i would have ignored his notice of my spelling and said what i meant..

but actually, yea i wasnt quite sure what the time frame of zeppelin was.

I mean, i did know it was around 72..

but i was confident i could name at least one. jimi hendrix and clapton for two, who both used 'regular' guitars, but this has all changed now because...

ah, it was a gimmick? thats what i thought. you might say i should have researched that before making my original post, except it doesnt really change my views on their music.

will this do?
I believe it is possible to judge, for some more easily than others.

a fully developed mozart and a 4 year old boy are in comparison for their ability to play the piano, it's not a question who is 'better'.

This kind of difference is just as obvious, to some people, when comparing certain bands or musicians.

Am I of this 'elite few'? I don't want to believe that. but, what is apparent to me is what is apparent to me, and I cannot help it. Until somebody 'shuts me down'... or until i change myself.

I understand that he was very good with music, but to me.. music and life intertwine very much, as im sure they do to you. But, what I mean is, i focus on how a person expresses themselves and reinvents themselves, and I don't see much effort in Jimmy Paige whatsoever. Err.. I shouldnt say whatsoever, because.. i do like a couple songs.. but.. its not jimmy paige in the songs i like.. its drums, and vocals. so maybe, yes, whatsoever.

Blues do not interest me that way.
as I approach music without standard or 'template'.. at least, to that extent.

However, I like to play blues just as I like to joke around.. and be ridiculous with friends.. or do other kinds of things off the wall.. as i like to watch TV.. as i like to partake in cultures.. which might cease.

But as far as my musical endeavours its not something thats considered.

You are trying to offer me, that based on these other bands/sessions decisions (whom i very likely would have 'despised' (in the tasteful sense)) to keep jimmy paige or work with him.. that, that has some merit towards him being a good musician to me?
I probably, like i said, would have despised most of these other decisions anyway!

Duppy, While I understand the strength of influence of the blues in this era

It does not change my belief that Led Zeppelin, alone, by comparison to the music that i deem(consider) listenable and enjoyable fail to fit into that category.
yes, I can understand that many guitarists did have these relationships with guitars and many people bought into these ideas, i assure you that is WHY i 'detest' jimmy paiges 'life work'.. because he did indeed conform in such superficial ways.. i believe it's ok to partake in such gimmicks and showmanship, but then i also believe there is crossing the line into unproductiveness and the result of stale work, and i believe he crossed that line.. i also believe eric clapton began to cross that line, maybe just as much, and i also believe jimi hendrix began to cross that line, all three of the mentioned, to me, have works that are pretensious(to put it simply). But they also have works I really appreciate. Am I promoting non conformity? of course not, conformity can be very practical, but in this, artistic sense, it is significant to me of a person who applied less effort to himself as an expressive musician.

i respect you for your kindness, tolerance, and willingess to check and improve yourself on arrogance, and also holding strong to what you believe in.. though, that is an early thing to develop.

i do plan on listening to spiritualized, and it may seem like im putting it off, but the truth of the matter is.. i dont have a computer with sound.. i dont have access to one. i am barely able to use a computer. i am barely able to live in a house. I should, and actually do, spend most of my time trying to get my life in order so that i may have that freedom soon.. and soon i might.. and one day here soon, i might get on a computer with sound and find a link to something you talk about. ive thought of just buying a CD, too, but im also strapped for cash.

Post by Guest »

that might look contradictory if its in comparison to my other posts, so ill try to clear it up, but...

ive said before i liked the beatles due to their 'pretensiousness'. what was meant, and implied if you find that again, is that they saw their position in the world, and realized what people would see as 'pretensious', and utilized it to their advantage.

so i was not calling the beatles 'pretensious' at that time. in the same way i am calling led zeppelin 'pretensious' .. which is why i have trouble with words, and english, and meanings.

Post by Guest »

fellow guest, you're getting further out of your depth with every post. good luck.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Anonymous wrote: will this do?

Am I of this 'elite few'? I don't want to believe that. but, what is apparent to me is what is apparent to me, and I cannot help it. Until somebody 'shuts me down'... or until i change myself.

Blues do not interest me that way.

However, I like to play blues just as I like to joke around.. and be ridiculous with friends.. or do other kinds of things off the wall..

Duppy Am I

i respect you for your kindness, tolerance, and willingess to check i am freedom

When you edit it like this it makes a beautiful poem. It shall be my epitaph. Thanks.

Not sure what the rest of what you say means...

Are you saying Jimi Hendrix was a conformist?!!
And have you ever heard Disraeli Gears by Cream?

Post by Guest »

"Are you saying Jimi Hendrix was a conformist?!! "

I guess I should ask, is that what you think I said? It's easy to sum up what I say incorrectly, but to actually take the time to understand the things I say is another matter.

And have you ever heard Disraeli Gears by Cream?

I haven't, i added it to the list of things reccomended by you though. i cant wait, really : ) ) i love good new music

To the other guest here, you are unhelpful to me. As I may be to you.
The difference, might be, that I have intention to help and you don't.
however, you might, if so..

perhaps you should try to introduce more depth yourself so we can come to relate.

and perhaps you can pinpoint what it is or how it is i write that causes you to form these statements

Keep in mind, in order to help and really change me.. I need to understand and believe the principles you are going to convey to me.. so.. saying something, or words like..

"you are stupid, or ignorant" this is an unhelpful way of approaching the situation, and i would no longer acknowledge you.

But if you cannot relay these ideas, or do not wish to attempt to relay these ideas which you are referring to, then, i must ask, what is the use of even bringing it up?

Post by Guest »

*throws a life-jacket*

Post by Guest »

*sigh*

So you have nothing else to offer me?

Post by Guest »

*pleads*

FOR THE LOVE OF JAH, LOG IN!!!
CLICK THE BOX THAT SAYS 'REMEMBER ME' AND STAY LOGGED IN!
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Anonymous wrote: But, what I mean is, i focus on how a person expresses themselves and reinvents themselves,

Duppy, i assure you that is WHY i 'detest' jimmy paiges 'life work'.. because he did indeed conform in such superficial ways.. i believe it's ok to partake in such gimmicks and showmanship, but then i also believe there is crossing the line into unproductiveness and the result of stale work, and i believe he crossed that line.. i also believe eric clapton began to cross that line, maybe just as much, and i also believe jimi hendrix began to cross that line, Am I promoting non conformity?
That is why it sounds like you say Hendrix started to conform...and in the short time he was with us he pretty much reinvented the wheel.
Look at The White Stripes between the same number of years! Jimi isn't stale NOW, and he's been dead for years!

edit: I wouldn't say Disraeli Gears is 'new' exactly.
samsalem

Post by samsalem »

wow. ok. sorry.
i really thought you were.
But anyway, some of his contemporaries that used 'regular' guitars and who i thought were 'better' would be Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix for two.

yea, but If you read that paragraph again, .. I dont say jimi hendrix is a conformist even though in some sense he is, it's just your question "are you calling jimi hendrix a conformist?" indicates that you aren't getting my overall concept im trying to convey, which may very well be my fault., i only say that he is a gimmicker and showist, though, in my point.

yes im certain its my fault
samsalem

Post by samsalem »

yes, it is indeed the wording of the paragraph and its my fault. however its not what i really intended. bear with me

heh. that naturally came in there at the end, i wasnt making a reference to my dumb poem which actually is a song and started as a song, wasnt a poem, but thats not important because it was dumb, but its true.. that. i have a ways to go, so bear with me : ) commandingly. haha
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

ekewebb
Known user

Post by ekewebb »

I think saying the double neck guitar is a gimmick is a bit misleading. As will said, Jimmy used it on-stage in songs where he wanted to switch from a twelve string to a six string quicker than he could have done by changing guitars. To do this is a much more honest way of achieving a desired effect than, for example, the Edge's way where he has a small army of technicians and programmers under the stage when U2 play live to create all the effects that he wants.

The Edge's way is probably slightly less "showy" and it could be that Jimmy would have done the same had the technology been there in his day. I doubt it though; I think Jimmy would want to be sure that any glory given to him for his live performances was earned and not due to a load of technicians behind the scenes.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

In its own way, Jason Spaceman pointedly sitting abosltlely still on a chair all the way through a Spiritualized gig is the self same 'gimmick' (but in negative) to Jimi playing it with his teeth etc etc.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

ImageImage
will this do?
Known user

This is how wars start...

Post by will this do? »

will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

ekewebb wrote:I think saying the double neck guitar is a gimmick is a bit misleading.
I know there was a rational explaination... I mean he only used it for Stairway to Heaven, a song which he decided would benefit from having a six string guitar for the quiet bits at the beginning, and then for the rockier bit in the middle, then switching to 12 string for the solo (watch the DVD - that's what he does)... but that doesn't *really* reflect the studio version, where the first half is on an acoustic... I can't decide what he plays the solo on...

The fact is, he *could* be playing the song on a standard Les Paul all the way through on the live versions, but he uses the double necked SG because he's got one, and it looks swanky.

What I ought also to say loud and clear is this: 'gimmick' is not a perjorative, in my book. They call it SHOW business, you know.
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Check out these mothers!! Love those Scissors!

http://www.edromanguitars.com/featured/dbl_neck.htm

Whadya mean a gimmick? - pah!! friggin heathens - As Will put it it's SHOW business!!!!!
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

I'll see your 5-neck Hamer, and raise you...

this charming 1903 Gibson.

("Oh yes! She will be mine.")
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

duppyconquerer wrote:
("Oh yes! She will be mine.")
No way!!!
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

duppyconquerer wrote: Do you like Billy Childish?
He was/is recording a live ellpee at The Command Post, Chatham last weekend/this weekend (not sure)... attendance was by invite only though... but I did see him there last year, and it was bloody marvelous.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Look forward to that! Was it with the Chatham Singers? Was it just execs? I'm really enjoying Heavens Journey still. He is one talented guy!
This is a picture of one of his woodcuts:Image

http://www.theaquariumonline.co.uk (lots of good stuff there) James Cauty (ex KLF), Jamie Reid, Billy Childish paintings, poetry etc...
Taiwan Beer
Known user

Post by Taiwan Beer »

You guys!

Thanks for all those quality pictures of people and guitars and stuff. The on of Cheap Trick just about wins it though!

They were shit, by the way.
ekewebb
Known user

Post by ekewebb »

"Cheap Trick Live At The Budokan"

AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*runs screaming for the hills*
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

duppyconquerer wrote:Look forward to that! Was it with the Chatham Singers? Was it just execs? I'm really enjoying Heavens Journey still. He is one talented guy!...

"The Buff Medway will be at Command House The Buffets/afternoon
show for live recording. Saturday 1 April 2006. This is an invite only show, please contact
info@urbanfoxpress.com for more details"

I wonder how it went. I should think the audience would've been fans/friends... there was a little documentary on local bbc last year, with some of his films (NOT videos!), lots of stuff about his painting, writing... he's really good at Yoga, but does 'smoking yoga'... you saw him with both legs behind his head, smoking a pipe! He says he doesn't listen to much punk rock - because it's nice to go and bang nails in, but you don't want to have to listen to someone else doing it.

I've found the place he gets his hair cut (it was in the documentary) - it's a barber's under a bridge next to some toilets... sad but true, I may very well go there for my next hair cut!
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

I read about the yoga thing, he just sits still for days without eating etc no noise,talking or contact with anyone or anything, he said he's done it 3 times so far, and when he 'emerges' he sees everything differently :shock:
I thought he must cut his own hair judging by the state of him. He looks very Edwardian...his poetry is worth a look at too.

'wild' Billy Childish Vs 'naughty' Jimmy Cauty
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Sam Salem wrote: i do plan on listening to spiritualized ...... one day here soon, i might get on a computer with sound and find a link to something you talk about. ive thought of just buying a CD, too, but im also strapped for cash.
Sam,
if you pm me with your address i will send you a compilation of Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized music. It's much better to hear it in context, that is, the albums themselves rather than a "best of", but maybe when you have some dough you can go get them if you like it. somehow i doubt you will like it!
but it is the real answer to your first post, "what is this place?". this place is the forum section of the website for the band Spiritualized. i'm not sure if you figured that out yet. you don't need to find a link- you're already here. everyone is here because of some interest in either Spiritualized or Spacemen 3. well, not everyone- some folks just want to sell wicker furniture porn dogbeds.
sam, i don't agree with hardly anything you say, but you have more guts than i do. when i first started posting here (under a different username) i was too shy and afraid to be myself so instead i made up a persona. but i couldn't even stand behind the dumb things i said because i wasn't really posting as myself, and acting gets pretty tiring and stupid.
i admire you for genuinely being yourself, getting shot down for it, and then doing it some more.
but if i need a DJ i am not calling you!!!

if you want some SPZ/SP3 music, pm me- and when you get it, listen with headphones. it's half the fun.

ro
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

I offered him this a while ago, all he needs to do is check his PM.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

duppyconquerer wrote:I offered him this a while ago, all he needs to do is check his PM.

REALLY, w h y a r e y o u b o t h e r i n g ?

it's not the question of salvation.
if he (or she) is from rich family then lets suggest ebay.
but if this person is not a comic figure then lets take some short time out and lets see what happens next and next and lets see if that user has something ... to say.

if you love music then you will want more of it... so?
if he isn't wanting more to know then... we know he is - not wanting to know more.

CHEERS.

Post by Guest »

Since I've been loving you is my favourite Zep track probably. I love the version on the 'BBC Sessions' album. Anyone seen the Led Zeppelin dvd?
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

veiko wrote:

i don't know about duppy c. but i am so that sam, who i'm convinced got here by googling "jack white", will have a better idea of where we are coming from.

and cos he keeps saying "enlighten me"

CHEERS.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

ro wrote:
veiko wrote:

i don't know about duppy c. but i am so that sam, who i'm convinced got here by googling "jack white", will have a better idea of where we are coming from.

and cos he keeps saying "enlighten me"

CHEERS.
BECAUSE I'M SO FUCKIN' INTREEEEEEGED BY THIS SEMI-MYTHICAL CHARACTER. HE SEEKS ENLIGHTENMENT GODDAMMIT!
HE SAYS ALL THAT ABOUT RADIOHEAD, THEN SAYS HE DOESN'T CONSIDER HIMSELF A FAN, OR EVEN OWN A RECORD OF THEIRS!
CLAIMS WE ARE ALL SHOCKINGLY SEXIST AND WE LIKE IT THAT WAY!
GOES ON ABOUT CLAPTON, BUT HAS NEVER HEARD OF CREAM!
CALLS HENDRIX A CONFORMIST, AFTER SLAGGING HIS BLUESWORTHYNESS OFF IN COMPARISON TO THE WHITE STRIPES, AND BEFORE SAYING HE'S NOT INTERESTED IN THE BLUES!!!!!

AND ALL THAT, ON HERE, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT SPRITUALIZED MEANT!
ALL THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH, BUT THE LEVEL OF HOSTILITY TOWARDS ANYONE THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HIM,

THAT MAN DESERVES FREE MUSIC!

although he has pmd me, i STILL don't know what to think...
for this alone he is a voice to be heard.

and he isn't me.
he lives in wichita, apparently. :wink:

AND GET THIS....this is the best bit...i can't believe you guessed that Ro!...

I asked him if he found here by typing 'Spiritual' thinking he was on the quest for the enlightenment he repeatedly mentions seeking...

but your're right! he typed in 'contact Jack White' to a search engine and this place came up.

Serious, THE KID IS ALRIGHT. Plus he seems down and defensive and is genuinely reaching out, and I'm not one to ignore such a person.

In all likelyhood, he is probably much younger than us, despite having seemingly well developed attitudes founded on mere ether. A true visionary, just think if he's like that now, what's he gonna be like in 10 15 year? the mind boggles!!!!

i realise i have been typing about dear sam for agesf now,
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Sam Salem wrote: Ha Ha, you guys are soooo guilible! I've been Sonic Boom all along! My first post was meant ironic, then I saw potential in the response; using techniques first pioneered on Deridere's (sic) seminal essay on understanding the relationship 'tween author's life n' output, 'The Death of The Author' I devised this fiendish plan to pose as the elusive guest/samsalem in order to shake things up abit, following the interest in the demise of the sublime 80s rock outfit Spacemen 3. The seed was sown and I wondered with all my might wether my natural charisma would shine through, depite self imposed resrtrictions.

Can't believe non of you saw this on page 2!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

:lol: holy fuck that's funny
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

duppyconquerer wrote:
ro wrote:I asked him if he found here by typing 'Spiritual' thinking he was on the quest for the enlightenment he repeatedly mentions seeking...

but your're right! he typed in 'contact Jack White' to a search engine and this place came up.

Serious, THE KID IS ALRIGHT. Plus he seems down and defensive and is genuinely reaching out, and I'm not one to ignore such a person.
thanks for informing us too. alright then, everything's cool. i just made my comment out of the blue, not knowing the background and only relying on the commentators cryptic messages. if you say he is fine, then thats alright by me. absolutly.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

for what its worth, I don't have much time for Pink Floyd, but I lurrve the Zeppelin. what a band- the DVD, being ruddy brilliant, is perhaps the thing thats gonna convert any non-believer.

Dazed & Confused = the Cop Shoot Cop of the seventies??