Can anyone help me with cheapster?!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ben
New user

Can anyone help me with cheapster?!

Post by ben »

I'd been checking the website each night when I got in from work to see when I could order it. The first night I saw that you could, they'd all gone!! :(
Anyone nice enough out there who got more than 1 copy willing to sell me one?

benkerslake@hotmail.com

Thanks very much!
sty
Known user

Post by sty »

im in the same situation. so gutted...

...no doubt there'll be a few copies on ebay at ten times the price a week after they come out.
spooks
Known user

Post by spooks »

ORDER IT FROM HMV IN STORE, I DID
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

sty wrote:im in the same situation. so gutted...

...no doubt there'll be a few copies on ebay at ten times the price a week after they come out.
Yep. And in 6 months they will be selling for 99p too. Be patient.
SPMC
New user

Post by SPMC »

i managed to get a copy ordered. when it arrives, i'd swap it for a copy of the real complete works though. if anyone's interested,

ask_the_angels1@hotmail.com
Ber
New user

Post by Ber »

Hello everyone

As anyone that knows me will tell you, Spiritualized are my most favourite band, ever. The recent gig at Leeds Met that I attended was, as ever, absolutely amazing.

However, I'm really disappointed with the way that the release of 'Cheapster' has been handled.

I too came onto the site to look at the release details and was directed to the HMV site, only to find that all copies had been reserved. I don't see the point of having a supposed release date if all copies can sell out before that date; I didn't think that was how 'first come, first served' worked?

Rant over!!!!!
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

hey, i can understand your pain, it does seem the single release was a bit muddled(cd single or 7", hmv or here), and this site tends to update about as quickly as JP mixes his records. in fact, normally he'd chime in here and let us fans know about the mixup but i think he's too busy finishing up all the personalized artwork. :roll:
AllyD
New user

Press another 500!

Post by AllyD »

...and I've only JUST heard about it and that it's sold out!
Christ, I've just turned thirty and yet I'm frantically surfing the online-shops for a 99p single just like I did when I was 17!...except there were no online-shops back then. (Note to self: Get a life)
Still, it's such a great song!
Blindsummit
Known user

Re: Press another 500!

Post by Blindsummit »

AllyD wrote:...and I've only JUST heard about it and that it's sold out!
Christ, I've just turned thirty and yet I'm frantically surfing the online-shops for a 99p single just like I did when I was 17!...except there were no online-shops back then. (Note to self: Get a life)
Still, it's such a great song!
Yeah me too! I'm 37 and gutted I missed out on this.

C'est La Vie