the financial times

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

helm
Known user

the financial times

Post by helm »

walking to work yesterday i started to think about how much i've spent on spiritualized in the last 12 months. when i started to actually cost it, it actually suprised me. here's how it breaks down

complete works volume 1 cd
amazing grace ep1
amazing grace ep2
amazing grace ep3
amazing grace cd
she kissed me cd single
2 concert tickets bristol
1 concert ticket manchester
3 concert tickets wolverhampton
cheapster cd single
complete works volume 2 (i'm off to get that in a mo')

now i reckon that's quite a bit of 'product' there! add to that forged prescriptions, live in europe 1989 and the 12" of big city and i think i've spent nearly £200 IN TWELVE MONTHS. don't get me wrong, i'm happy to spend this cash, the gigs have (so far) been great and the music's really good. also, i understand how the record industry wants as much money for as little effort (that's business, i guess). still a lot of cash.

now, my point is (thank god i hear you say- he has a point!) have i just been spending that money because i really like spiritualized/spacemen 3 OR is it because there hasn't been an awful lot of good records released in the last 12 months of which i should be spending my cash on?

answers in blunt crayon...
itchywool
New user

Post by itchywool »

I hope its just because you like Spiritualized because 2003 saw the release of a ton of great records.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

itchywool wrote:I hope its just because you like Spiritualized because 2003 saw the release of a ton of great records.
Care to expand on this statement? We are always open to others taste.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

oooh oooh be careful, if you think wool is itchy wait till they start flaiming you for your musical tastes.

xxxshonnxxx
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

that is a shitload of money to spend! are spz are hobby for you? you should get down to a secondhand record shop, I'm sure the latest Spiritualized is cheap as chips.
"Hot damn! Let us rumble, keep going and don't slow down ... lets have a little fun ..."
- Hunter S Thompson
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

As any record collector will tell you, it's best never to actually dwell on these things. I once gave away about three hundred records with that in mind.
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

as i said, it was only walking to work that i got thinking about what i'd spent. needless to say, my girlfriend thinks i'm a bit sad! to be fair though, i reckon i spend more going to the football (travelling and that) than i do on spiritualized each year
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

that is precisely why i started selling online. It offsets all the money I spend on music year round. The jewish guilt gets to me every time. I have become the king of rationalizing purchases.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

spzretent wrote: I have become the king of rationalizing purchases.
i have to, i have to, i have to make a hard-boiled reason for getting all those "different re-re-re-re-releases" of SP3.

any suggestions?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

And how nice of you to buy 3 tickets for the Wolverhampton show.
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

hosemate's christmas present and i brought my girlfriend along too!