Complete Works 2: Limited Edition??????

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Killah33
Known user

Complete Works 2: Limited Edition??????

Post by Killah33 »

I read there was both a normal version and a limited edition version,

what's different? whats on the limited version thats not on the normal version?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Original demos of 'Let It Come Down', a lot of choice live material from 1995 - 2001 including the Flux gig , all which has been remastered by J himself.

There are also several tracks that have appeared nowhere before, like the covers of 'In The Year 2525' and 'Wild Thing'.

There are also pictures of the current Spiritualized line-up dressed as furry animals, because it's such a hilarious thing! A MAN DRESSED AS A FURRY ANIMAL!

J also signs the sleeve of the limited edition, and has personalised the artwork on a few a well.
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

it's true
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

...you spiritualized fans are so sarcastic!
jess farr
Known user

Post by jess farr »

so when is this available?
anyone know?
Firmament
New user

Post by Firmament »

Tuesday, in the U.S.

to beat a dead horse: I'm unsure if I'm going to buy the disc or not. 2 discs of Instrumental Versions and/or radio edits? Eh....

Aside from reprinting Sway, I loved the first collection. I'm sure more could've been put on the discs, but, at least for us Americans, tracking down that much backcatalogue is a bitch!

That said, no idea about the differences Between the Limited and Regular versions of the album.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Probly just the packaging as usual. To be honest, for a compilation that's unlikely to be of any interest to anyone (and CWV1, for all it's faults, at least had that much in it's favour) I'm surprised they bothered.
Killah33
Known user

Post by Killah33 »

oy BzaInSpace

are u taking the piss or serious... i really need to know whats in the limited edition that isnt in the other
Killah33
Known user

PLEASE HELP

Post by Killah33 »

someone PLEASE tell me the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Oy

Ok, if you really need to know the answer - there is no difference.

There is no difference unless you count a card sleeve on a white 'jewel-case' and maybe a standard 'jewel-case', but I think this will remain the available 'version'.

I remember seeing regular 'Live At the RAH' CDs on sale.

And I was just having a sly laugh so apologies! :twisted:

Next time i'll try and be even less subtle..... :wink:
t0kdag0n
Known user

Post by t0kdag0n »

Are there any differences in the Let It Flow, Electricity, Come Together from the original mixes? The sleeve does not note if they are where as other tracks clearly indicate if they are radio edits, instrumentals, etc. Kind of odd and almost makes the set more of a Greatest Hits package than a rarties collection. Don't get me wrong, I did listen to Disc One after a night of hard partying and it was the perfect soundtrack as the Sun caught fire so I'm NOT complaining. just curious. It's also nice to have some new live cuts on Disc Two. Well worth the $13.99 sale price.