Sublime moment

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Sublime moment

Post by spzretent »

I went to lunch today at a place called Buffalo Wild Wings. Kind if a yuppie-ish chicken wings/sports bar place. They have a jukebox that you can download songs from.
Much to my pleasure i played at lunch with Shine a Light from RAH, Feel So Sad Glides & Chimes, I Think I'm In Love- RAH among others. To my surprise there were no strange looks or comments. Some people were actually moving to the music.
A beautiful moment inded!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yeah, those electronic jukeboxes are cool ! Needless to say, I remember that my friend and I were in a sort of a divebar and he picked " 100 bars " accapella and the bar owner and some of the patrons were wondering - " what the fuck ? " when Kate was speaking the numbers. Just about when Kate got to fifteen or so the bar owner pulled the jack out of the jukebox and my friend and I were quite shocked by the action, but didn't protest ...
drmnyc
Known user

Post by drmnyc »

those internet jukeboxes are amazing...many of the bars here in new york city have them....the ones here have all of the spaceman 3 and spiritualized records...
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

So they'll be here soon then?

They'll have to move the dartboard...and the bar billiards. What's that? Go on, stick a half of London Pride in there, and a I'll have packet of Cheese and Onion, Ta.

Turned out nice again.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Mmmmm, I remember putting "Let It Flow" on a regular pub jukebox once (it was lurking on some indie compilation) and everyone loved it.

I think there are people crying out for this kind of music who don't even know it exists.