Reverberation 'Blue Stereo Music'

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

johanur
Known user

Reverberation 'Blue Stereo Music'

Post by johanur »

Is this album any good? I saw it a couple of years ago but i didn't listen to it. It was compared to sp3 and spz and so forth.... French band isn't it?
Some info on it would be great.
Thanks.

Oh, BTW I have been looking for the "lay back in the sun" vinyl 7 for a long time. Does it really exist? I have never seen it. Only heard about it.
Cheers.
J
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Blue Stereo Music is pretty much Spz and SP3 by numbers. But I enjoy it for what it is. Not groundbreaking at all. A worthwhile listen.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Although the vocals sometimes are out of tune...
"Thank you"
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

i have it, i never thought it was that great. there was a distant spacemen 3 link, which they caned in their press. reverberation featured someone who very briefly took the drummer stool at one point in sp3 history.

i only really kind of liked the brian eno cover on there. i'll copy it, in return for something oddly interesting if anyone wants it.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I just picked this up. Very enjoyable.

Consider it Spacemen 3 elevator music.
mojo filters
Known user

Re: Reverberation 'Blue Stereo Music'

Post by mojo filters »

johanur wrote:Oh, BTW I have been looking for the "lay back in the sun" vinyl 7 for a long time. Does it really exist? I have never seen it. Only heard about it.
Cheers.
J
It certainly does exist on yellow 7" vinyl - same mix as the CD single (not as good as Pure Phase mix in my opinion) with another mix of Good Times on the B side, but I can't remember what that sounds like as don't have a record player to listen on right now. Dunno if that was the standard edition or if a black 7" came out as well - bought mine for £2-3 on eBay as I recall.

The yellow vinyl is nice though and goes well with the red Medication 7" and Smile & run clear 7"s (plus the flexi one too I guess, but it's rather pricey for me on the Spz site)
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I am listening to the Reverberation cd right now(loud) and it is a lot better than it is ever given credit for. Groundbreaking? NO! But pretty good none the less.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

mojo filters wrote:
johanur wrote:Oh, BTW I have been looking for the "lay back in the sun" vinyl 7 for a long time. Does it really exist? I have never seen it. Only heard about it.
Cheers.
J
It certainly does exist on yellow 7" vinyl - same mix as the CD single (not as good as Pure Phase mix in my opinion) with another mix of Good Times on the B side, but I can't remember what that sounds like as don't have a record player to listen on right now. Dunno if that was the standard edition or if a black 7" came out as well - bought mine for £2-3 on eBay as I recall.

The yellow vinyl is nice though and goes well with the red Medication 7" and Smile & run clear 7"s (plus the flexi one too I guess, but it's rather pricey for me on the Spz site)
There are two different 7"s being talked about here. The yellow 7" of Good Times/Lay Back In The Sun is pretty common. It is simply the 7" of the Electric Mainline EP, with the same versions as the 12" and CD single. The one I suspect johanur is asking about is the 7" that was reported to exist to go with the later CD single Lay Back In The Sun, a new version that was released much later. The CD single has Jason reclining in a spacesuit on the cover. I think we've concluded that there never was a 7" of this - no-one here has ever seen one.

Love,

Ian
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

Ian wrote:
mojo filters wrote:
Cheers.
J

There are two different 7"s being talked about here. The yellow 7" of Good Times/Lay Back In The Sun is pretty common. It is simply the 7" of the Electric Mainline EP, with the same versions as the 12" and CD single. The one I suspect johanur is asking about is the 7" that was reported to exist to go with the later CD single Lay Back In The Sun, a new version that was released much later. The CD single has Jason reclining in a spacesuit on the cover. I think we've concluded that there never was a 7" of this - no-one here has ever seen one.

Love,

Ian
the later version, was I think initially a german release, with some copies over here ( i remember stacks of them when i bought mine from the long defunct powercuts in manchester). ian is correct, the supposed 7" release seems to have never, ever been seen by anyone.

the yellow 7" was of course the 7" release of the electric mainline ep, mine cost 99p, and i bought it before the cov tic toc gig.
johanur
Known user

Post by johanur »

Ian wrote:
mojo filters wrote:
Cheers.
J

Love,

Ian
Cheers Ian. That's the one i meant. Thanks for the info.
Johan