Silent Sound - literally

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Sas
New user

Silent Sound - literally

Post by Sas »

Well thank you trans fucking pennine express train service who decided to terminate my manchester to liverpool train in fucking warrington only to choo choo into Liverpool at 8.25pm!!! No entry after 8pm! And all becuase it rained a bit in York WHICH IS OOooH ONLY ABOUT 70 MILES AWAY IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! The worst thing is i have no-one to vent spleen at, so i apologise for doing it here. It's over now but i still might try to think up some way to fight a train another day.
"If you've lost your faith in love and music the end wont be long."
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Sorry to hear about that mate. I can sympathise as can many others on here, probably.

Anyone who doesn't live in the UK is probably unaware of the concept of a completely hopeless public transport system.
I rarely use it these days, preferring to drive, even if it means missing out on a drink.

On the rare occasion that I do have to use the bus or train, I would say there's probably a 90 per cent failure rate in what would be considered an acceptable service.
The lesson I learned is that, where possible, try and get the train or bus before the one you need.

You just can't afford to rely on it. It could be a job interview, a connection to an airport, a one-off special gig by your favourite band.

My advice is to send an envelope full of poo to Richard Branson.
(Don't know if it was one of his trains, but who cares)
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

That sucks the big one! gutted for you. And I feel your pain. Makes it even worse when they do the usual "apologuise for any inconvinence" announcement. Write a letter and complain. Normally you get something back, not that it makes up for missing the gig but at least you get to vent your frustration at missing a one off gig. this countrys shite sometimes.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

grr: the exact same thing happened to me. i might have been stood next to you on that little railwagon. i was so excited and ended up standing around like some moistened mancunian pleading with the door staff to let me in.

anyone who went: please post lots of things about how it was really bad, and you wish you'd spent your night waiting around outside the building in the rain instead.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

anorthernsoul wrote:grr: the exact same thing happened to me. i might have been stood next to you on that little railwagon. i was so excited and ended up standing around like some moistened mancunian pleading with the door staff to let me in.
hey at least you gained some weight. :wink:

ouch!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

we have public transport?
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'