Kevin Shields interview

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Jasonsmith
Known user

Kevin Shields interview

Post by Jasonsmith »

will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

I see the usual Grauniad rigour has been applied to tha caption writers' effort...and no mention of the mooted box sets.

Cheers though, obviously more than we've heard from the horses mouth for a good long while (especially the REAL reason Creation nearly went for an early bath).
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

will this do? wrote:(especially the REAL reason Creation nearly went for an early bath).
Please elaborate...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

will this do? wrote: Cheers though, obviously more than we've heard from the horses mouth for a good long while (especially the REAL reason Creation nearly went for an early bath).
There are two sides to every story but after reading the(rather large) Creation Records story the truth seems to be more of what Kevin Shields says in that interview about why Creation nearly went down. Alan McGee went nuts too. In a HUGE way.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

spzretent wrote:
will this do? wrote: Cheers though, obviously more than we've heard from the horses mouth for a good long while (especially the REAL reason Creation nearly went for an early bath).
There are two sides to every story but after reading the(rather large) Creation Records story the truth seems to be more of what Kevin Shields says in that interview about why Creation nearly went down. Alan McGee went nuts too. In a HUGE way.
Is the Creation story available in book format? Obviously I've heard lots, but would be interested in reading the story from beginning to end.
steven
Known user

creation

Post by steven »

Type "alan mcgee" into ebay-someone's selling a copy for about £5.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

There are a couple Creation books, the best by far is "The Creation Records Story: My Magpie Eyes Are Hungry for the Prize", which is over 700 pages long, and covers pretty much everything.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Thanks both of you! I'll be sure to track this down.
sydbarrettoverdrive
Known user

Post by sydbarrettoverdrive »

read this earlier, liked the comment about him being a modern day syd, good to hear lost in trans would of earned him some paydirt too.