The other new songs.....

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

unkle_karl
Known user

The other new songs.....

Post by unkle_karl »

This just occured to me the other day, so wondered if some of you hardcore gig goers could help me.

So I think there was an agreement that J's new songs sounded awesome on the tour. But what happened to the other new songs that were previewed at the Sage (was it last year?!). I didn't go to this gig, but I remember it being a big deal, that there would be new songs played. And I recall reading on here that there definitely was some new material..... Did any of these songs appear on the new tour? Maybe being stored up for the new album.... Or have they been binned completely? I thought this especially when I read a question about a possible change of direction in spaceman in light of his recent experiences....

Anyone at the Sage and one of the recent gigs who could enlighten me? Thanks a lot.... :)
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i think there were three songs played at the sage that weren't played at nottingham, etc; one that sounded like that fall song that was on a car advert (totally wired or total exposure or something), one called 'too late' that, in a good way, sounded like a countryish bon jovi number, and one with death in the title that sounded like something off songs of love and hate. apparently jason's choosing between a ridiculous amount of songs for the next record, but i shouldn't think that just because some songs didn't get played live, they won't be on the lp; i think this tour's geared to pretty specific stuff, the syrupy stringsy stuff.
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

[quote="anorthernsoul"] sounded like a countryish bon jovi numberquote]

How could this ever be "good"?!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Fuzzhead wrote:
anorthernsoul wrote: sounded like a countryish bon jovi numberquote]

maybe if you're deaf...?
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

bunnyben wrote:
Fuzzhead wrote:

maybe if you're deaf...?
nah, you'd still be able to feel the vibrations
a room full of people with very different opinions may be chaos, but it is a beautiful thing
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

gimperella wrote:
bunnyben wrote:
Fuzzhead wrote:

maybe if you're deaf...?
nah, you'd still be able to feel the vibrations
touche 8)
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

Based on previous posts, setlists, etc., these may or may not be the titles of 8 new Spiritualized songs:

Baby, I'm Just A Fool
Gonna Take More Than I Can Borrow
You Know About Life
Too Late
Death Take Your Fiddle
Sitting On Fire
Soul On Fire
Goodnight, Goodnight

Anyone have any other info?...

Peace.
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Can't wait for the new record!
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

there was a little five question interview in busrider's distraction metro yesterday where jason talked about the new record. he said that he'd spent his last few records making very dry recordings of an exciting band, and had realised that part of what made spiritualized work was him going into the studio on his own and getting obsessive over things. but then!, he said that he was still kind of anti-production; inspired by free jazz records, preferred the performance to the dressing of it. so i'm not sure whether that means he's going to spend a couple of years mixing an lp again (yeh!) or that he's going to just mix down some quick takes again.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

anorthernsoul wrote:there was a little five question interview in busrider's distraction metro yesterday where jason talked about the new record. he said that he'd spent his last few records making very dry recordings of an exciting band, and had realised that part of what made spiritualized work was him going into the studio on his own and getting obsessive over things. but then!, he said that he was still kind of anti-production; inspired by free jazz records, preferred the performance to the dressing of it. so i'm not sure whether that means he's going to spend a couple of years mixing an lp again (yeh!) or that he's going to just mix down some quick takes again.
looks like we can all cross it off our christmas lists then :wink: