rumor updates?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

JL
Known user

rumor updates?

Post by JL »

rumors from the not-too-distant past. anything new on these?
1. there will be a live/alt version of "amazing grace" released. not sure if there was any weight behind this or if it was just idle speculation, but the thought was being tossed around a bit here and elsewhere.
2. there's something mindblowing in the pipes. i think it was one of the moderators who brought this up deep within an old thread. far as i know he never elaborated on what this might be...any ideas? i really hope it wasnt that silly "customized" version of cheapster, with its generous offering of one b-side. my personal hope is for a Complete Works appendix disc of some sort, including the AWTYWM remixes, fucked up inside, etc. hardly mindblowing, but it'd be nice. i know there are copyright matters to think about, but since this would obviously be an item with limited (fan-only) appeal, i wonder if it'd be possible for the band to release such a thing exclusively through the website/mail-order? that's certainly one way it could be done; odds and ends would be gathered up & the record company wouldnt have to take a bath on the project. everyone wins.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

For me this is all rose tinted spectacles stuff. Much as most Spiritualized fans would love what you've listed to be reissued (and add to that various things such as the magnificent 1993 Glastonbury tracks) the evidence that is shown by both volumes of Complete Works (which are the only Spiritualized releases I don't own and which I genuinely regard as insulting to the audience), the general opinion is 'don't hold your breath'. It's better to join one of the Complete Works trees.

No artist has ever paid less attention to what their fans really want from such reissuing as Jason.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

With the exception of The Power And The Glory, you can easily assemble a live version of Amazing Garce many times over if you have some bootlegs from the tours.
rebobo
New user

Post by rebobo »

I saw a release date in a couple of different places for a DVD-A version of Amazing Grace by way of silverline. Silverline has released 5.1 mixes of the Widespread Panic discs on santuary so it made sense to me. Then the disc never came out. Anyone know anything about this. The idea of any Spiritualized album in 5.1 is pretty exciting, even AG.
Juzba
Known user

DVD

Post by Juzba »

Any news on the Live DVD?