Music that sounds like Spiritualized

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

lelani23
New user

Music that sounds like Spiritualized

Post by lelani23 »

Sorry - not convinced you're not in this band.

Prove you ain't and I'll let it stand.
Killah33
Known user

Post by Killah33 »

i find a bit of spiritualized in The Polyphonic Spree for some reason. hmm. and the stone roses' first record.
sty
Known user

Post by sty »

Killah33 wrote:i find a bit of spiritualized in The Polyphonic Spree for some reason. hmm. and the stone roses' first record.
i agree with the 1st stone roses lp
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

And I'll agree to the polyphonic spree. It's like spirituallized in a good mood.
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

Brove wrote:I'm a breathtakingly stupid individual that's in a really crappy band. Gimme some luv!
Now hang on! who ever some how broke into my forum & wrote this stupid message above then i'm not impressed at all!
one day you'll be alone with the whole world staring at you
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

how can i prove i'm not, tell you what if they play near you i'll go & meet you there so you can see i'm not in the band. how's that?
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Whether you're in the group or not, you list their home page as your own, and virtually every post of yours advertises them. You're either in the group, close with someone who is, or on their payroll, and I don't care which it is, it's not what this forum is for. Read the rules.
TheWarmth
Known user

WHAT?

Post by TheWarmth »

What is this thread all about ... it doesn't make any sense!!! Was the initial post removed for some reason?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Killah33 wrote:i find a bit of spiritualized in The Polyphonic Spree for some reason. hmm. and the stone roses' first record.
Man ... Polyphonic Spree just kinda make me sick. I can't stand them.

The Stone Roses first album is classic, but I don't really see much of a similarity between it and any of Spiritualized's output.
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

look, no hard feelings, i hope. they were just a band i saw when i was in England who blew my head off & come on there's not that many bands around these days that do that anymore.
but if i was to post on another bands forum that when i saw spiritualized in Sydney the other week & they blew my head off, do you think people who hadn't heard of them would accuse me of being in the band?
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

They would accuse you of being in the band - quite rightly by the way - if you listed spiritualized.com as your homepage.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

If anyone does come to this thread looking for music that sounds like Spiritualized, a good starting place is one of my fave websites:

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/spiritualized.html

Many a happy hour I've spent browsing round their similar and suggested artists for bands I like.