NEW Release in June??

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bcastle21
Known user

NEW Release in June??

Post by bcastle21 »

what is coming out in June? possibly the live dvd i've been hoping about?

(fingers crossed)
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

is this off what was said in the numerology thread ..?

jason mentioned that he'd just come from the studio in the bbc six interview. it's a bit early to speculate unless whoever mentioned june knew something. but i suppose an amazing grace dvd would make the most sense.

i can't wait til they record. although they're still touring, it's a while since ag was actually recorded - october 02, i think.

just wondering -- i can't think what was filmed of the recent tour, other than the american film that was shown after the london gig (did anyone see that? or the cheapster video?), but, perhaps hastily assuming that the philharmonic hall liverpool gig will be with strings and horns, might it be that that's filmed?

m.
asd2112
Known user

Post by asd2112 »

while i would love to see a live dvd(i'd go ape shit if it was in 5.1), i can't let myself expect one since the disappointment would be too much if they didn't release one.
i don't want to be your lover i just want to be your victim

asd
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

I am positive they are releasing a dvd SOMETIME. at the instore we asked the band why they were recording it and they said they were compiling footage for a release. but then again this is spiritualized...................

xxxshonnxxx
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

anorthernsoul wrote: jason mentioned that he'd just come from the studio in the bbc six interview. but i suppose an amazing grace dvd would make the most sense.
maybe just a live album. it's been a gap since RAH.

and a while back Pierce told to Steve Lamacq in BBC interview that "This little life of mine" was for a start about 20 minutes long, but he faded it...
Lamacq was immedietly intrigued by that fact and even pushed Jason to release the "full" version. well..... Jason did say yes then.
so maybe there will be exteeeeeeeeended version of the same grace that should be amazing. and nothing new is recorded.
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/jmr/mon_release/JUN-2004

...it's the best i can find...something though
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

this can't be right - seems to say a studio album in penciled in for release in June?? It reminds me of when no one knew whether AG did or didn't exist....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TBA SPIRITUALIZED
SPIRITUALIZED
(BMG)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISC INFO

RELEASE DATE: Jun. 15, 2004
FORMAT: Album
TYPE: Studio
NO. OF DISCS: 1

http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/jmr/rel_info?rid=16647
Ian

Post by Ian »

And it's on BMG. Best of? Live cash-in?

Love,

Ian
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Ian wrote:And it's on BMG. Best of? Live cash-in?
That could be, but the key bit of information to note is that this website is Canadian, and BMG handled the distribution of Amazing Grace there - for at least a while. I was in Toronto for a few days in September, as I mentioned to you Ian, and the copies of Amazing Grace all said "Distributed by BMG Music Canada" on the bottom of the slip. I know at least one person who bought it and can possibly get a scan done if no-one believes me. But apparently the second pressing says "EMI Music Canada", though I haven't seen it.

But I honestly have no idea what this is. I think Ian G knows more than he's letting on, since he was the one that dropped this bombshell.

My guess? Live cash-in. It being a new studio album is about as likely as the title being "TBA Spiritualized". (Was I the only one that, as a child, thought "To Be Announced" in the TV Guide was actually a real program?)

And remember how right I was about Amazing Grace? Exactly.

(I'm really starting to hate these intermittent postings. In a week or so I should be back reasonably fulltime, whether you fellers like it or not.)
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

may not always like what u say, but we ( I ) like YOU mr.26$... :)
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

any news on this??
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

my thought (for what it's worth) is the complete works volume 3- live tracks remixes etc... be nice to get fucked up inside on cd, wouldn't it?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

is that just a guess or have you got anything to base that on? I always thought there was just meant to be two Complete Works for the time being. Personally I doubt it that its a third volume. Half of me doubts its actually a real release...hope it is, of course.
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

helm wrote: be nice to get fucked up inside on cd, wouldn't it?
I´ve had it on cd for eleven years this summer. I think it´s still possible to get it somewhere.. :roll: :)
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

it's just guess work on my part. my belief was that when they announced the first complete works it mentioned the way the packaging was done and it would be mirrored on future releases. also, the live tracks from let it flow and electricity singles weren't on the first two complete works, nor were the remixes. now, that doesn't make a big album so if you add in fucked up inside, the two remixes jason did as electric mainline (global communication and LFO) and the live collaborations with suicide and sonic youth, then i reckon you've got

a) a double cd set
and
b) not a bad set of rarities

however, it could just be something a lot less interesting. we'll see.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

helm wrote:the two remixes jason did as electric mainline (global communication and LFO)
what are you talking about here?

i knew about LFO, but what was that about Global Communication????

any precise link to those releases is cool.
fakeperson
New user

Post by fakeperson »

I also can't wait for another album. They seem to be pretty straightforward with their album releases... They told me when I met them that they love to tour, and in order to get a tour started, they have to make an album, so they try to get one out quickly so they can tour again once their tour is up. I would be like that too, if I could travel all over for free... right on. Let's cross our fingers.

Darcy
they call me the breeze...
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

veiko wrote:
helm wrote:the two remixes jason did as electric mainline (global communication and LFO)
what are you talking about here?

i knew about LFO, but what was that about Global Communication????

any precise link to those releases is cool.
i've got both of these, they both came out virtually simultaneously, there was a limited spiritualized remix track of the lfo track tied up,

the global communication track was a remix of the maiden voyage track :

see here

http://www.ulp.co.uk/mu/re/dedicategloba001cd1.html
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

And possibly the rarest remix by Jason - Dr John's 'John Gris (j spaceman remix)', released only (I think) on an NME freebie CD. I did buy the NME that week, but didn't keep the CD.

http://www.discogs.com/release/156037
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

Yep, it has no case, but came in a white jiffy bag, taped to the front of the nme with the track listing printed on the jiffy bag
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Jebus Sabes wrote:And possibly the rarest remix by Jason - Dr John's 'John Gris (j spaceman remix)', released only (I think) on an NME freebie CD.
and just to make it straight - that mix is a different thing of the John's original song "John Gris", where Jason himself is anyway featured. right??? so - that mix is different thing?

huh, cool then, does any of you mates would like to make a trade?
i'm after that Dr. John's mix + Global Communication mix and would like to get that LFO mix too, i'm not pleased with the quality that i have of that.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

There's a picture of the NME cd here:
http://sound.jp/mansun/Desperate%20Icon ... parlof.jpg

If I recall, the spaceman mix _is_ different to the album version on 'Anthua Zone" (perhaps someone else could confirm that). I remember the mix having a definite "Cop Shoot Cop" feel to it.