FUI fakes all over Ebay

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Blindsummit
Known user

FUI fakes all over Ebay

Post by Blindsummit »

This sudden rash of copies of Fucked Up Inside on Ebay points to one thing. The vast majority are fakes. Considering it was a limited release of a few thousand, how come there have been on average 3 - 4 copies on Ebay each week? So, how do I tell a genuine copy from a fake? There appears some with the effect pedals shown in black on the sleeve and others silver. Now I know the original sleeve had embossed pedals, so maybe they change colour as the sleeve is moved? Please help, I really don't want to fork out £££ for a fake.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Well, I have it on vinyl and the sleeve does not change colour when moved. The sleeve is mainly read and green with the silver effects pedals. Looks very nice on a 12" cover. I would imagine that the ones with black pedals are photocopies and thus are "fakes". I could be wrong, but if I was you I would avoid them.

Ste
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

I don't know how many were pressed, but i don't think those on ebay right now are fakes. i just looked, saw 3 auctions for FUI, and they all seem legit to me. if it's the same seller many times over then i'd be suspicious, but these current auctions all mention a little crease or a little ring wear which makes sense for an older cardboard case and they all include photos.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

It isn't out of the realm of possibility there was a box of these found somewhere. Occasionally distributors unearth a box of things like this and those who know what it is will profit.
I received a call from Caroline, back in the day, after they had found 273 copies of Verve's Voyager One in their west coast warehouse. We took 175 of them because I knew how rare they were and then sold em' all for $20. I wish I had kept a few.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

:shock: that sucks.

i have an extra copy of voyager 1 and i have been thinking of selling it, only because i saw a copy go for over $300 a few weeks ago.
Blindsummit
Known user

Post by Blindsummit »

SpaceLine wrote:I don't know how many were pressed, but i don't think those on ebay right now are fakes. i just looked, saw 3 auctions for FUI, and they all seem legit to me. if it's the same seller many times over then i'd be suspicious, but these current auctions all mention a little crease or a little ring wear which makes sense for an older cardboard case and they all include photos.
Well if you look again at the three currently listed, two have black effect pedals and one has silver. Unless there were two different sleeves issued, one version must be a fake.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I think it is just the angle those pix were taken on. The first one has so much wear on the front of the sleeve it cant be fake. I would imagine if anyone bootlegged these they would be mint. The other one describes wear and tear. Ditto on that. If you bought one and the pedals were black you would obviously have a fake.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

did i hear somebody say they have a copy of voyager 1? now obviously i can't shell out $300 for it, nor would i if i had it. but can we work out a copy of this somehow? please. i now have (thnaks to the help of some gracious boardmembers) quite a few live spiritualized cds i would be happy to trade. please!

xxxshonnxxx
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I can speak from experience. If Spaceline has it, most likely he will share it. I would contact him privately. Come to think of it, I would love it on CD too.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

beautiful noise is all set.

if anyone else does want it on cdr just lemme know. maybe do a little verve tree with some other good gigs if the interest is here :?:

here's my verve list, lotsa goodies:
http://www.geocities.com/jtournet44/Verve.html

i'm listening to it right now and one caveat is that it is a transfer from vinyl(not done by me) and it sounds like it(nice and crackly). nothing too bad and i kinda like it myself though. she's a superstar really is one of the best tracks i've ever heard.
a beautiful noise
Known user

thanks again, spaceline, if anybody wants, i can defo burn the cds. it will take a few days, but yes, i can and will spread the wealth.

we should have a whole seperate section on the site to swap shows. its has become an addiction. i listened to 5 SPZ concerts in a row on wednesday. brilliant.

xxxshonnxxx

p.s. MBV, thanks the joy division gig was brilliant. can i get you anything??
a beautiful noise
Known user

wow the jig is up,

i made a swap with ever brilliant THE WARMTH(we both agree with where SPZ should go next). He gave me a rareties collection, and 5 concerts. i believe 3 of them are in england, one at glasto, but not THE ONE. uhm, another at a placed called ?burberrys? don't really remember the rest. they are mostly before ladies and gents, except i think one is after. anyways, they are all brilliant. especially the versions of these blues, fucking rocks.

i also just rcvd some from MBV, one of them i can't stop listening to. along with it he sent a live joy division and a live smiths, which if you can believe it, i have yet to listen to, but my girlie did and she really enjoyed it.

so there

xxxshonnxxx
a beautiful noise
Known user

absolutely, i will get the names and dates of all the shows i have and email them to you, then you can pick what you want or all of them. no bother to me. alright.

xxxshonnxxx