thanks for the sounds

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

redbridge
Known user

thanks for the sounds

Post by redbridge »

i just wanted to throw some praise at spiritualized, well i guess jason more than anyone. except for richard ashcroft i dont think ive ever enjoyed anyone's music more in the harder portions of my life. there isnt anything more painful than reflecting on that person/moment that got away or didnt turn out right, getting fucked up, and blairing spiritualized, but for some reason i feel addicted to it at times. stay with me, shine a light, broken heart, ladies and gentlemen, etc., what amazing music. and the fact that you know jason went through that stuff as well makes the music even better. maybe its temporary therapy. who knows? but anyways i know he wont see this but i figured at least some of you will and hopefully someone can relate to what im saying. also id like to know what other groups you are into? outside of spiritualized ive been a huge fan of the verve (especially their early stuff), sigur ros, and radiohead, for starters.
red+bridge=good
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

there is a long, detailed topic in this forum right now called what are you listening to or something like that. read that if you want a sample of what people round here enjoy.
Calle
Known user

Re: thanks for the sounds

Post by Calle »

redbridge wrote: maybe its temporary therapy.
It might seem corny, but it (i.e. Jason's music) sure worked as a sort of therapy for me when my ex. broke up with me. On the other hand, it was rather painful listening to Stay with me at that time.
Oh well...
redbridge
Known user

Post by redbridge »

i know exactly what youre talking about. thats the song that got me hooked on his music. partly because its such an amazing song and partly because it was so timely
red+bridge=good
Calle
Known user

Post by Calle »

Indeed.
But, the music isn't really that soothing, now is it :D
I reckon it put further emphasis on the situation's dispair etc. etc.
Anyway, it's a brilliant song and will always be...amen.