EARTHLESS

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Multi
Known user

EARTHLESS

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

My old band opened up for Earthless several times they are a great band, great people. I'm recording new music if anyone is interested in the site.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

dselevan wrote:I'm recording new music if anyone is interested in the site.
consider this interest. :)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Multi wrote:Not Earthless: http://www.myspace.com/blackstrap001
Ahhh...so the girl Maria who did the cover of "All of My Tears" is in this band. Not bad either...

EDIT: Yeah, she's "not Earthless"....she's Blackstrap
Last edited by toomilk on Tue May 29, 2007 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

1. Maria is not in Earthless it is Mike Eggington and Mario from Clikatatikatowi.

2. Thanks for the interest! I'm starting a new band with someone who has never played before, here is our first song:
http://www.howfantastic.com/Dead%20Pets%20v2.mp3
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Earthless is great. There's a Rocket From The Crypt connection there, too. I dig me some heavy fuzzed out rock, 'fer sure.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

These guys sound right up my street, thanks for the tip.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I checked out these guys and thought they sounded excellent. Multi did always have pretty decent taste I should add.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I can't get enough of these guys... fucking superb!!!!
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

dselevan wrote:2. Thanks for the interest! I'm starting a new band with someone who has never played before, here is our first song:
http://www.howfantastic.com/Dead%20Pets%20v2.mp3
hey. was away so have only just had a chance to listen to the track. really like it, very JAMC but much more spacey.. love the guitar in the background (what effects is it going through? am a big fan of that sound..)

i look forward to hearing any other tracks you get recorded... :)
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Earthless are neat, too bad you missed my last band, you would have liked it.
We opened up for them a couple times.

Thanks for the kind words about new stuff. We are putting everything we do at http://www.howfantastic.com let me know what you think, if you have suggestions, etc. The main effect I use on that song is the Dan Echo pedal with my Bassman 4x10 combo and some reverb and delay built into the mixer.

Dave
sunray
Known user

Re: EARTHLESS

Post by sunray »

First three albums getting remastered and reissued in January. Pre-orders here: https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplandi ... ssues.html
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Just came here to post the same thing :) i like that they've got CD listeners covered as well as coloured vinyl for those into that.
Wish some of their other stuff (eg Live At Roadburn) was included
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

While that`s good news its going to be sore on the pocket, shame they couldn`t have staggered the reissues through next yr like Spiritualized have done. Having said that nothing like as painful as the 20th Anniversary reissue of BRMC 1st album, £115 for the original album, a second album of unreleased extras and a hard cover book of photos in a box, £115!! I would like a copy of this album but f#ck that, serious misjudgment in my opinion by a band who`ve been really good top their fans over the yrs
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:09 pm While that`s good news its going to be sore on the pocket, shame they couldn`t have staggered the reissues through next yr like Spiritualized have done. Having said that nothing like as painful as the 20th Anniversary reissue of BRMC 1st album, £115 for the original album, a second album of unreleased extras and a hard cover book of photos in a box, £115!! I would like a copy of this album but f#ck that, serious misjudgment in my opinion by a band who`ve been really good top their fans over the yrs
yeah that's not good value in my book. I like that first album a fair bit and would like some extras but not at that price.
boxset pricing seems to be all over the place. a nice hardback book can be a lovely addition (and you can't download that!!) but it often bumps the price up a lot. Bob Dylan is another offender for this.
ro
Known user

Re:

Post by ro »

dselevan wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:48 pm Earthless are neat, too bad you missed my last band, you would have liked it.
We opened up for them a couple times.

Thanks for the kind words about new stuff. We are putting everything we do at http://www.howfantastic.com let me know what you think, if you have suggestions, etc. The main effect I use on that song is the Dan Echo pedal with my Bassman 4x10 combo and some reverb and delay built into the mixer.

Dave
Dave, is there a new online location for your music?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

angelsighs wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:53 am a nice hardback book can be a lovely addition (and you can't download that!!) but it often bumps the price up a lot. Bob Dylan is another offender for this.
Although not a boxset as such, I just borrowed a copy of the Mary Chain's Barrowlands live album from my uncle. Large book-style sleeve with loads of cracking pics from the show, along with quotes/text from the Reid brothers. Contained a 10" of the soundcheck, an LP of the album and a CD of it all. He picked it up recently for £25 from amazon. Incredible value at that price.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

New album and tour next year!

https://www.stereoboard.com/earthless-tickets
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Support from Maida Vale, too! That's gonna be a good night out.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Starfish wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:01 pm Support from Maida Vale, too! That's gonna be a good night out.
Don't know them myself, will have to check them out! Nice and heavy too i assume?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:17 pm Don't know them myself, will have to check them out! Nice and heavy too i assume?
Swedish all-female stoner rock. With a hint of Jefferson Airplane.
"Tales of the Wicked West" (YouTube/Spotify) is a decent place to investigate.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:27 pm New album and tour next year!

https://www.stereoboard.com/earthless-tickets
Bought a ticket for Dublin as soon as they went on sale. First time here and my first time seeing them :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Starfish wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:05 pm
angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:17 pm Don't know them myself, will have to check them out! Nice and heavy too i assume?
Swedish all-female stoner rock. With a hint of Jefferson Airplane.
"Tales of the Wicked West" (YouTube/Spotify) is a decent place to investigate.
Thanks! Yes I quite like them, veers dangerously close to Darkness style retro rock pastiche in some ways but definitely talented and rocking.

It will also be my first time seeing Earthless Joycey, they have slipped through my fingers previously