Complimentary Medicines

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ben crook
Known user

Complimentary Medicines

Post by ben crook »

Keep your eyes on this section of the Admissions area.

We're soon to be uploading outtakes, demos and whatnot for your pleasure and perusal.

You do however need to be logged in as a member to get this free music...

Enjoy
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Wow!! That sounds very cool. thanks alot Ben.
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

Excellent! Much appreciated - thank you.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Awesome, cheers!
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

It'd be hilarious if it was the Friendly Fire & Blue On Blue stuff!
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

^Ha! You took the words right out of my brain :) ...

Peace.
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

it is opened!

friendly fire & blue on blue are on here!

oh

my

god

:shock:
They Transmit
Known user

thread

Post by They Transmit »

Check the post further down the page for peoples thoughts on this...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Poor Will.
At least ours is signed and personalized.
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

Cool stuff, that's really whetted my tast buds now, I'm definately going to get my hands on the real thing now. Cheers.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Wow.

I hope Will needed my money.

:(
good times
Known user

Post by good times »

let's hope jason put other materials on this space.

pure phase altenate mixes

ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space altenate mixes

let it come down stuff

also live recordings would be highly appreciated.

for example, glastonbury 1992.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Perhaps Jason just got annoyed at Will selling these? Still though, I think it's pretty cool that they're now more widely available, and even though they're free, those who did pay for them have the collector's items.

This would be a nice thing to do for Acoustic Mainlines, if an official "in the shops" release is not forthcoming.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

mh wrote: This would be a nice thing to do for Acoustic Mainlines, if an official "in the shops" release is not forthcoming.
Indeed. If there is to be no shop release, at least put them up on iTunes or even just set-up a paypal shop. I'm sure most people here would gladly pay a tenner for a high quality AM show.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Zenchan wrote:
mh wrote: This would be a nice thing to do for Acoustic Mainlines, if an official "in the shops" release is not forthcoming.
Indeed. If there is to be no shop release, at least put them up on iTunes or even just set-up a paypal shop. I'm sure most people here would gladly pay a tenner for a high quality AM show.
Whilst I appreciate the stuff that's been put up on the official site, any Acoustic Mainlines iTunes-only or similar release would be an appalling cop-out from a band who I've always admired for the quality of presentation as well as the content of any officially released material.

I'm not espousing a luddite notion that only vinyl or CD releases are the only valid format in this day and age, as the electronic market gives far more scope to produce high quality material with a low entropic footprint...unfortunately even the new DRM-free stuff available from EMI still falls well short of the quality-expectations music fans expect, and is only catered for by proper releases that are carefully laboured over in the mixing and mastering processes...yet the only decent high quality formats (ie FLAC, wav, aiff etc) available via online sources seem still to be via essentially illegal avenues that don't correctly adhere to the usual standards that reward the composers and performing artists whilst adhering to the quality standards they performed to in producing such material.

What I find really disheartening is when a 192kbps official d/l via iTunes etc costs more than the proper CD in my local Asda...admittedly this mostly seems to apply to the likes of Justin Timberlake and the rest of that shower of fuckwits who populate our supermarket shelves, but it's the principle of treating potential customers as a complete bunch of ignoramuses that boils my proverbial piss. The music industry really falls short when it comes to adopting the same technology as the DIY folks who download CD quality material via P2P networks - if they are going to complain about illegal sharing of music via the usual suspect sites, they should at least offer a legitimate alternative which I'm sure isn't a challenge to their tech nouse but rather straightforward lack of knowledge of their market which is a pretty shocking indictment of their knowledge of their trade.

I complained to 4AD about the lack of tech info available when using their site to buy Benny's Trip via download...yet having addressed my concerns to both the label (who I expected to know better) and the band, it was only Matt, John and Pete K who took the trouble to get back to me with a productive response. Maybe that label's great legacy catalogue raised my expectations too high, but I expected them to be able to produce a response and also equip their artists with a degree of control regarding the quality aspect of their output, rather than an apologetically honest 'out of our hands' response.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

mojo filters wrote:Whilst I appreciate the stuff that's been put up on the official site, any Acoustic Mainlines iTunes-only or similar release would be an appalling cop-out from a band who I've always admired for the quality of presentation as well as the content of any officially released material.
Exactly. I'm sure I'm not alone in having the mindset that downloads are the things you don't pay for, and the big, round, black things (or the little, round, silver things, for those who are so inclined) are what you outlay the readies on. The convenience of mp3 players is a real boon, but I still don't feel comfortable parting with money for something that could easily be lost in a hard drive crash. Sure, you can accidentally step on a record, but it has *physical* properties. Look after it and it'll last a lifetime (my grandparents still have their old 78s, well looked after, and they still play rather well) - what's the lifespan of your average HDD/mp3 player/CDR?

I wouldn't mind terribly if the official AM stuff was download-only, but I *would* feel rather cheated if you had to pay for it, and there was no vinyl/cd release.
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Steady on! The Complimentary Medicines stuff was made available in AIFF format too, and was a free download.

This is an ideal avenue for all that extra good stuff that the genuine fans want but that doesn't get the chance to slip out through regular (record label) channels (and even when it does, it can be so difficult to track down that you either never get it or end up paying a fortune for it).
Nomen_Luni
Known user

Post by Nomen_Luni »

I just downloaded the rarities compilation earlier and I'm listening to it now. It's really cool so far. Hopefully there will be more like that on the way. :)
http://www.myspace.com/Nomen_Luni

We must perform a Quirkafleeg
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I'd never bothered looking in the Complimentary Medicines cupboard as I've already got the LGM outtakes CDs. But I had a look today and found "Spring Heel Jack / J.Spaceman / Steve Noble / Alan Wilkinson" live tracks. Fantastic. Downloading 'em now.

8) :wink:
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.