New Warlocks Album

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

purespace
Known user

New Warlocks Album

Post by purespace »

Just in from Bobby:

The Warlocks new album...and some news!

Was mastered last week, its called Heavy Deavy Skull Lover and its street date is tentatively set for October 7, 2007 on Tee Pee Records. Though we were on some serious time constraints it was pretty fun to make and really far out! Manning the controls was our old friend Rod Cervera he did the first EP, Rise and Fall, and has worked on a bunch of stuff Weezer, Lavender Diamond, Young People and Silversun pickups.

We are gearing up for some touring but don't hold us to anything yet. The Warlocks line up for this album is currently set at a four piece. Though, we may get someone to help out -I'm still thinking about that.

Anyways so far the line up is as follows:

Bobby Hecksher

Jenny Fraser

Bob Mustachio

Jason Anchondo

Also the main site is down and should be back up in few weeks. In the meantime you can go to the OLD merch site and get whatever is left. We want to make some new stuff now & out with the old in the new right? Have fun!

BH
I think I feel it coming on
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

yeaaaaaaah!! :!: :!: :!:

such great news...
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

putb the last album away really quickly. must give it a go again
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

ORBITAL wrote:putb the last album away really quickly.
To be honest mate you did the right thing there.
moop
Known user

Re: New Warlocks Album

Post by moop »

purespace wrote:Manning the controls was our old friend Rod Cervera he did the first EP, Rise and Fall...
seeing as it was (in my opinion) mostly the production which caused the last album to be disappointing to most people, i think it's safe to remain optimistic about the new recording.

i know pretty much everyone on here hates it (passionately) but i still reckon there were a couple of promising tracks on surgery (ok, ok and some pretty substandard tracks too). i really liked that 'gypsy nightmare'->'angels in heaven..' thing. it would have been interesting to hear the tracks from that album delivered with the usual production style... (or perhaps if they were going for the 'clean' production sound, for them to do it properly like the secret machines debut album).
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

from what i remember their label flat out rejected the album they turned in.

hopefully the album will see them back to what they are good at.

the only thing that has me worried is that it's only a four piece now. no duel drummers and definitely no 3 guitarists. ohh well, let's see what they can do.

great news.

me.
slowlife
Known user

Post by slowlife »

i loved surgery loads of heavy bass fuzzy guitars with loads of sustain..Raw sounding vocals , slide guitar, fucked up lyrics and the one that sounds like an american sixties prom is well worth a smoke to.
You stuck up bastards.

fucking ace..

Come save us, save our souls
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

more news: The Warlocks are confirmed for the Tunnel Vision festival in the UK: http://www.myspace.com/tunnelvisionfestival07

and this: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/buzzban ... tions.html

I'm really hoping that Bobby can patch it up with Corey Lee; his contributions on guitar were ace. Too bad he found it necessary to leave before their last tour was over :? What he had contributed to their live sound was obvious when they opened for The Sisters of Mercy (just let it rest Andrew) and Corey was no longer there.
I think I feel it coming on
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Last I saw via meatspace Bobby was definitely looking for another guitarist to complete the lineup. Shonn, thought you would've put your hand up for that one...? ;)
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris
a beautiful noise
Known user

ya know i just might, unfortunately i don't have the connection to them anymore. if you have that link let me know and i'll drop him a line. it would be well worth it. i'll check their website/myspace.

thanks
xx
me.
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Unfortunately it was a bulletin a couple of weeks ago, so probably gone by now. There's probably info on their page somewhere, I'd wager. Go for it, son!
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris
a beautiful noise
Known user

i did i did i did!

trying to dig up my frind that played with them ages ago as well. can't hurt.

thanks!

me.