The Noel Gallagher thread preserved

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

twentysixdollars
Known user

The Noel Gallagher thread preserved

Post by twentysixdollars »

As indicated in another post, I was able to save a copy of the Noel Gallagher thread after it went missing. All I had to do was click File -> Work Offline in Internet Explorer and then click through my history until I found it. As far as I know the copy I've saved is complete (though the pictures didn't come through). So, stripped of extraneous coding, here is the thread:

http://www.geocities.com/otherpeoplesmu ... hread.html

Obviously you can't add to it, but there it is. And feel free to continue the conversation (on the La's, etc.) here.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Internet Explorer? Surely another of $26 jokes.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Well it's not like I do anything important with it...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Apparently, Oasis are back in the studio working on a new LP. It's said to be a big kitchen sink production. Hopefully, that doesn't mean "Be Here Now" MKII.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Ummmm ... I'm only familiar with the La's big hit single. I don't have their album (they only have one, right?). What does this have to do with the Noel Gallagher thread?
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

MUFCSPACEMAN wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:What does this have to do with the Noel Gallagher thread?
We realised that Noel is pretty fuckin' boring when you think about it and started talking about some real musicians instead.

You *need* that album, dude. Actually mega-surprised you haven't heard it.
i second that.

go, buy, listen, NOW!

did anybody see the reunion shows???
Last edited by a beautiful noise on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yeah, it's something that I've been meaning to get, but believe it or not, I don't know anyone here in Chicago that owns it. Weird, right? Is it available on vinyl for a reasonable sum?
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Nice. I found a copy on LP for $17 through Norman Records. I'll let you guys know my thoughts after I get it in a week or so.
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

TheWarmth wrote:Nice. I found a copy on LP for $17 through Norman Records. I'll let you guys know my thoughts after I get it in a week or so.
I'll look forward to that, Warmth.

This thread is proving to be very worthwhile in turning new people onto The La's. For that alone, I reckon it deserves a gold star.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I have to admit, the only song i've ever heard by them is 'There She Goes'...

:oops:

Never heard this album.

Another one for the never-ending list I think!

Gold Star deserved.
O P 8
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

TheWarmth wrote:Apparently, Oasis are back in the studio working on a new LP. It's said to be a big kitchen sink production.

I'll look forward to hearing this, I know I'm gonna enjoy it. Keep beltin' 'em out boys!

As I've previously stated, I believe Noel to be the wisest man in musical history. He's an excellent thinker. Got to love those guys! And Liam. And the rest...
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
Beetlebum
Known user

Re: The Noel Gallagher thread preserved

Post by Beetlebum »

although this isn't a new song this would probably interest a lot of people.

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/ ... Now!!).mp3
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

So, it's been awhile since I got the La's LP. I've only really given it a good listen once and certainly wasn't blown away. I need to go back to it again. Is it possible that this record has been mythologized a bit too much?
Beetlebum
Known user

Post by Beetlebum »

i enjoy the la's record quite a bit i used to make the grandiose statement when i was 17 that it was the best record to come out of liverpool, ever. mainly to piss people off and to look cool by referencing a band no one has ever heard of in america. now i don't know if i beleive that as much as i did but it is still a classic.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

this isn't a record that will blow you away. but it is great from start to finish. it almost seems effortless.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
MUFCSPACEMAN
Known user

Post by MUFCSPACEMAN »

Last edited by MUFCSPACEMAN on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Aww come on Spammy, perhaps you could put The Warmth' few lines down to naievite. I'd be amazed if anyone caught the 'buzz' from the La's hearing it only once.

Christ, I've sat with that album for years and dipped back into it to rediscover things I hadn't previously. I've got to the stage where i'm going to just read and enjoy Mavers lyrics then listen to the music as the combination sets me off to unchartered territory...you know the way you get a certain lyric and a certain note and off your brain wanders (couldn't even begin to comprehend "Looking Glass" as I just set-off after the opening "Tell me where I'm going, tell me why I'm bound")...failing to really discover the song. Anyway, for me that will always be the beauty...my interpretation, my journey.

Cut the crap about paypal and invigorate the listener in the way only you can...I know it's thankless hard work but show what a section of a song of that album means to you because that's what I'd dig and maybe others do too.
Shoulders back, smash it