Learn drums the Spz/Sp3 way

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Jebus Sabes
Known user

Learn drums the Spz/Sp3 way

Post by Jebus Sabes »

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ ... 3552245.jp

Gail Blake is a quietly spoken retired lab technician who harbors an unlikely passion for music.
By day, she occasionally carries out work at Northampton General Hospital but by night her alter ego takes over.

Instead of a dainty flute or violin, the mother-of-two in her 50s has acquired an energetic talent for playing the drums and can often be found banging her own kit at home.
Mrs Blake said: "I play along to pop music, music compilations, such as Take That's Reach Out and Scissor Sister's I Don't Feel Like Dancing and She's My Man.

"Drumming is great fun and I suppose some people may see it as a stress relief but for me it is definitely about enjoying myself."

Tutor and drummer Jonny Mattock, who has played alongside major bands such as Massive Attack and Spiritualized, believes the drums is one of the most accessible musical instruments.

He said: "There is an element of maths but your main object is to keep a straight beat because you have t
o hold a band together.

----
Here's the college website, for anyone in the area who wants to sign up for the 'Drumming for Beginners' course in January:
http://www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk/cou ... seID=15609
twentysixdollars
Known user

Re: Learn drums the Spz/Sp3 way

Post by twentysixdollars »

Mattock gotta eat. If he's good at what he does, more power to him. IIRC, members of the current (?) Spiritualized rhythm section can be hired as a wedding band.
toomilk
Known user

Re: Learn drums the Spz/Sp3 way

Post by toomilk »

wowzers