about the message from spaceman

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

yangiyangi
New user

about the message from spaceman

Post by yangiyangi »

Yeah! Finally! Some news, and from the man himself! So the album is finished as we all sort of knew, now universal need to sort their shit out. NOW!!!!! And spiritualized is going back to electric... ahhh.. this all sounds very exciting.... Spaceman..I love you!
yangiyangi
New user

Re: about the message from spaceman

Post by yangiyangi »

Has anyone seen the movie mister lonely and heard the soundtrack?
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

Good to have a bit of news! Sounds like there could be a fair bit of Spaceman music on the way this year. I'm looking very forward to 2008 already. Happy New Year, J...

If Universal is taking too long to gather the ol' shit, how about throwing us a bone? Title? Tracklist? Length? Anything to whet the already voracious appetites?...

Peace.
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

I wonder if the little tidbit about Palm Springs means an appearance at Coachella.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

That's a lovely message. I'm really grateful for the acoustic tour and it's going to be weird when the girls are gone...The vibe around them is so good and I love the idea of a predominantly female Spiritualized. :D

Fingers crossed for the label to come through a.s.a.p (one night some time ago I had this horrible nightmare that it was going to take two years for J to get a new deal) :( .
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Wow. What a positive and uplifting message.

It's great to see so much stuff coming out from him. I can't wait!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Yeah thats a really nice read. Thanks man! This year is his year without a doubt.
respect
si
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

It's probably staring me in the face but where's the message?!
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

KevW wrote:It's probably staring me in the face but where's the message?!

http://www.spiritualized.com/prescripti ... 61d6129690
KevW
Known user

Post by KevW »

Great! Thanks a lot!
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

yangiyangi wrote:Yeah! Finally! Some news, and from the man himself! So the album is finished as we all sort of knew, now universal need to sort their shit out. NOW!!!!!
I'd have a little titter if they ended up releasing it on no-carbon records home of The Flies. Anyone any idea if it's going out on UMG or Island or Polydor or whatever...not that it matters

Ciao
Shoulders back, smash it
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

That's great to hear from Jason!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

looks like he done gotten himself an American accent, the way he's writin'
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Starfish wrote:looks like he done gotten himself an American accent, the way he's writin'
that's what you get for hangin' out with bobby g.
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

yeah this is all good news.................but i can't imagine waiting another few months for some corporation to get their shit together! throw us a bone with a free track or live session or something....something new and electric!

please?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

bcastle21 wrote:yeah this is all good news.................but i can't imagine waiting another few months for some corporation to get their shit together! throw us a bone with a free track or live session or something....something new and electric.

10 posts since 2006 asking/demanding the same thing.

You must realize you are going to have to wait until the "corporation" gets its shit together or gets off the proverbial pot and lets another label come in and put it out.
And you do realize Jason owes none of us anything. He paid for the Acoustic Mainlines tour himself. Which is quite a grandiose gesture if you asked me. And he is lucky if he broke even.

Putting out a record, and with the attention to packaging that usually comes with a Spiritualized release, that is a substantial investment.

So unfortunately we are all just going to have to wait....and wait....and wait.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spzretent wrote:
bcastle21 wrote:yeah this is all good news.................but i can't imagine waiting another few months for some corporation to get their shit together! throw us a bone with a free track or live session or something....something new and electric.

10 posts since 2006 asking/demanding the same thing.

You must realize you are going to have to wait until the "corporation" gets its shit together or gets off the proverbial pot and lets another label come in and put it out.
And you do realize Jason owes none of us anything. He paid for the Acoustic Mainlines tour himself. Which is quite a grandiose gesture if you asked me. And he is lucky if he broke even.

Putting out a record, and with the attention to packaging that usually comes with a Spiritualized release, that is a substantial investment.

So unfortunately we are all just going to have to wait....and wait....and wait.
I'd like to just clarify the feelings you convey in a certain part of the above; And you do realize Jason owes none of us anything.

Actually I think you're doing him and the majority of people who invest in him a bit of a disservice with that line. Perhaps the choice of the word "owe" is incorrect as it means that the person who is "owed" may have an expectation of being "owed". We are part of the "stuff" that allows him to break-even, if you want to place a financial emphasis on this. In other terms we (the believers) are part of the "stuff" that allow him to continue to create what we (and he) believe in. It's two-way; we each deserve gratitude for the parts we play in allowing the creation of this "stuff".
I'm sure JP has a suitably common-sense approach to business dealings and would seem (from recent reading) at ease to be breaking even. Isn't that what we all do, anyway; we're born, some years are good, some are bad and we pass. I'm sure his/their initial outlay will be recompensed to the tune of what his/their moral-fibre and creative drive requires.

I think most people who have created and posted in the 10 threads are just excited and eager to here some new stuff that they believe in. Y'see JP work in creating this new album is complete; he has satisfied his needs in that process. We as listeners aren't yet satisfied and therefore are unable to come across as patient as JP with his (quite "matter-of-fact") statement regarding UMG.
Shoulders back, smash it
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

the wait will soon be over. a release date will be announced in the next two weeks and new material will soon be available... Universal have finally got it together so now it's just a matter of setting up the release plan and getting tours etc in place.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

spazed99 wrote:the wait will soon be over. a release date will be announced in the next two weeks and new material will soon be available... Universal have finally got it together so now it's just a matter of setting up the release plan and getting tours etc in place.
that's the best news all day
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

oh my I'm grinning now...I look forward to everything JP does...but Spazed99, in your learned opinion...this side of April? please say yes?
Hey man there's a hole in my reason that I gotta close...
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:D

Great!!! Very cool.

He'll probably be busy with the band, but I've also really liked the side projects he's done the last couple of years. Hope he finds time to carry that on. Soundtracks seem very suited to Jason's music and production styles...

Thanks for the update. :D
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

YEEHAW and GIDDYUP! :D :D :D :D ...

Peace.
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

that's unlikely but it shouldn't be too much longer after that. Definitely before the end of June....
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

eleKtroniK:musiK wrote: Actually I think you're doing him and the majority of people who invest in him a bit of a disservice with that line. Perhaps the choice of the word "owe" is incorrect as it means that the person who is "owed" may have an expectation of being "owed". We are part of the "stuff" that allows him to break-even, if you want to place a financial emphasis on this. In other terms we (the believers) are part of the "stuff" that allow him to continue to create what we (and he) believe in. It's two-way; we each deserve gratitude for the parts we play in allowing the creation of this "stuff".
Perhaps "owe" (to quote myself) wasn't the right word. Maybe. The way the post I responded to were all by the same person and asking for a new track or a live track or something. That is what prompted my response.

sometimes things are out of someones control ie: Sanctuary going belly up and waiting for another label , Univesal, to work things like contracts out. Not the creative side of the music business but necessary. beyond that its going to come out. We all know its done. And now w/in the space of six months time.

If you want to consider yourself "stuff" fine. But why the quotes around it?
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

I'm not sure; I probably either couldn't think of one word that encapsulated everything that I wanted to say regarding "stuff" or was being lazy.
Stuart wrote:We are part of the "stuff" that allows him to break-even, if you want to place a financial emphasis on this.

"Stuff" is a reference to what we (as consumers and fans) do that allows (in some ways) for JP to break-even. This can be in the form of purchasing original material, attending concerts, buying merchandise and probably more importantly; giving our friends/aquaintances a chance to do the same by continuing to embrace and share Spiritualized music. This (to a certain extent) allows JP the freedom to continue to create music that we adore.

I don't see where I've considered myself as stuff, either.

Anyway, apologies for starting a discourse on the semantics of your post but i found it quite scolding and ill-mannerred to begin with. I'm sure he has been rewarded ten-fold (and i'm not thinking of financially) for the AM tour. Remember in the begining it was what...10 dates Autumn 2006 and it's been a monster...who caused the demand? You even posted a poem by a friend that was blown away by certain aspects of the AM tour. If 10% of the attendees brought a friend to experience Spiritualized on that tour and those friends embraced it then...then the message grows. You are correct he doesn't owe us anything but without us (and JP is fully aware) he'd have a slightly more troublesome time of firstly creating such works of art and secondly in breaking even.

Anyway, swell news may I suggest a release date of 03/03/08 in order for someone to get me a truly wonderful birthday present.
Shoulders back, smash it
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

scolding and ill mannered?
it frustrates me that due to the record company issues we dont have a new Spiritualized record as well. but i dont feel the need to post once a month about it. and it prompted a response.
it all gets sorted in the end doesn't it? hence todays news.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

I don't mind, and I'm happy to wait until June if that needs to be the case. We all knew that the record was gonna be coming out anyway, it was just a matter of when. Getting the necessary background work done to enable this - particularly on a monolithic major label - is a hell of a lot more involved than one may think.

And look at it this way - after the health scare, we should be bloody grateful that there is a record at all.
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

you're right..we should be grateful there's a SPACEMAN at all!!!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

mh wrote: And look at it this way - after the health scare, we should be bloody grateful that there is a record at all.
There aren't enough AMENS to follow this statement!
jnrobert
New user

Post by jnrobert »

Does anyone know where I might get hold of the Mississippi Records releases which Spaceman lists as his favourites of last year? They are out of stock everywhere I've looked. Thanks.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spzretent wrote:scolding and ill mannered?
it frustrates me that due to the record company issues we dont have a new Spiritualized record as well. but i dont feel the need to post once a month about it. and it prompted a response.
it all gets sorted in the end doesn't it? hence todays news.
Whatever. The tone in your original message (and to an extent your recent message) was condescending to my ears/eyes. Therefore it also prompted a response.
I'm aware it all gets sorted in the end. That wasn't a point i made, anywhere. My points were clear; you've bothered yourself little with those. Instead you've went from chastising over zealous interest to proclaiming indentedness then onto grandiose expressions of gratitude. All of which are more obnoxious than some poster asking (allbeit frequently) for some glimmer of new material.
I'm sure the poster is just excited, eager and trembling with anticipation for some new material. If you had a problem with his repetitious enthusiasm; why not send a private message.

Anyway, you've said your piece and I've said mine. Let's speculate as too album title.
Shoulders back, smash it
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

is wrote:He owes us the best album title ever, that's for sure.

Seriously, I'm SUCH a big fan of Spiritualized that I absolutely couldn't care less whether there even IS a new album. In fact I hope there isn't. For me, the mere fact that Jason Pierce was born at all is sufficient to make life worth living - I'm afraid the prospect of a new record is enough to make me consider self-harming for sheer joy. Do I win?
LOL! :lol:
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

is wrote:He owes us the best album title ever, that's for sure.

Seriously, I'm SUCH a big fan of Spiritualized that I absolutely couldn't care less whether there even IS a new album. In fact I hope there isn't. For me, the mere fact that Jason Pierce was born at all is sufficient to make life worth living - I'm afraid the prospect of a new record is enough to make me consider self-harming for sheer joy. Do I win?
Congratulations. You epitomise the semi-learned, semi-educated, semi-confident, semi-humorous and semi-concious of this world. Destined to live your life to the half.
Perhaps you should add the following letters "_", "N", "_" "E", "C", "T" to your username and re-arrange (i've given you half a clue, here) to better describe your frequent attraction and slightly annoying manner in regards to other peoples shit. Good job on not (entirely) making your post definitive...but then you'll have spent the majority of your life being open-ended (i'm presuming?) and yes, you always win...
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

is wrote:I say!

There always used to be room for persiflage hereabouts. I'm glad I missed the meeting when that changed.
Well, i'll look forward to recieving an invite to your next dinner party if thats the banter you lol, rofl or pmsl about.

*whisper* IS, stop hiding
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

is wrote:I don't believe I've ever 'lolled' in my life, never mind 'rolfed', or whatever the other one was.

I'm sorry you don't appreciate my brand of humour (such as it is), but I won't stop. Surely the part of you which demands whole-heartedness can sympathise with that?
You finished or are you going to add anymore? You could just have put "ed" on the end "pmsl".

Your earlier post was a brand of humour? To me it was more a contrast between what you intended and what you've actually written. My sympathy for you is endless. I'm glad that you've clarified your intentions of injecting a dash of wit into this thread. Thank you.
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

is wrote:Anyway - Enough about me!
PMSL

I'll take back the semi-educated and semi-humorous because that Ladies and Gentleman was clever.

Gotta respect that.
Shoulders back, smash it
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Jesus Christ, this is the most uptight fucking forum on the planet.

Tighter than a midget nun.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

the wait will soon be over. a release date will be announced in the next two weeks and new material will soon be available... Universal have finally got it together so now it's just a matter of setting up the release plan and getting tours etc in place.
Nice one! where did you pick up this little nugget?
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

"Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything."
Bob Dylan
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
thinline
Known user

Post by thinline »

flamingrev wrote:Jesus Christ, this is the most uptight fucking forum on the planet.

Tighter than a midget nun.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Jeesus peezus, just popped in to check on news after getting fucked off 3 years ago, good to see the board retains it's, ahem, free and laid back attitude from all and sundry.

Bring back Orbital.

Love to all the lovers and space cadets. x 8)
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I've just re-read is's original post and I still think it's bloody funny...

Guess that makes me a bad man.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Greeny wrote:I've just re-read is's original post and I still think it's bloody funny...

Guess that makes me a bad man.
Me too. :lol: I'll give eleK the benefit of the doubt and reckon he was just having a bad day! I'd also like to thank Is for introducing me to the word 'Persiflage'. Amusing and educational.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

sunray wrote:I'll give eleK the benefit of the doubt...
Cheers man, was having sweats that you wouldn't.
Shoulders back, smash it