the man behind the curtain and the new lp (no wizards no cra

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

simonkeeping
Known user

Re: the man behind the curtain and the new lp (no wizards no cra

Post by simonkeeping »

Especially Kate playing bass on these blues, the lights were strobing so fast I could see through her long legs.
surely the best quote on this board for a while?
Dave check out the glasto dvd you ripped or the hoping gig. I think they have close ups of Johns pedal set up? Some kind of board type thing. Incidentally. When I bought the last batch of Treader cd's he delivered them to me on his bike. Top man.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Simon,
That is a GREAT story about him delivering them on his bike. I should check for the close-up, I couldn't quite see with the camera angle, but than again I was looking at the mp4 and not the DVD. Thanks for the heads up about Spring Heel Jack, I fell asleep listening to that J. Spaceman/Spring Heel Jack compilation as well as some of their other stuff recommended here. REALLY good. It reminds me a lot of the noise stuff Spiritualized have been doing at the beginning of their set right before Shine a Light.

When I saw Spiritualized in 1995 it appeared to be one pedal, not a pedal board. I'm sure he upgraded since than. You should ride your bike over to his house and find out what the pedal is. I am a little bummed about how much keyboards have been used rather than guitars lately. Obviously the new keyboardist is better than Kate, but her inability to make a lot of sounds really made the guitar noise pretty crucial to the Spiritualized sound. But man I do miss her legs.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

I'm posting all my Pure Phase era bootlegs to my iDisk (by request). For those who don't know which pedal (clearly some kind of fuzz wah) I'm talking about, it's the crazy noise thing at the end of songs like Electricity....Too bad the album versions didn't sound as good as Slims San Francisco. Oh man I wish the album version of Come Together sounded like this, the ending is so hypnotic and crazy.